Monday 3 June 2019

A Alcohol ink Background Card



Good Morning Ladies,

Well there went the weekend, we have been spoilt with all the back holidays, so now 'standard' weekends leave you feeling cheated !
Although I have to say I am itching to get into my craft room today, as I am so excited to play with my new Papercuts Dies and make some different backgrounds, I really enjoyed getting messy, more than I thought I would if I am honest.  I also have to agree with what Julia Watts said on her show that featured these dies, she was saying even if you have a background that you are considering binning, add one of these die cuts and a frame and see what you think, I did and its very true.  It's a bit like what I said about Brenda's background that she used for that stained glass boat die cut, Brenda was going to throw it in the bin, but just happened to put that die cut over it and it couldn't have been more perfect. I am so excited to see what you all come up with.

So my card features the Alcohol Ink background that I made on Friday afternoon, I took a piece of Acetate and a Alcohol ink blending tool and mixed Coral, Sunset Orange, Peach Bellini and Copper Mixative Alcohol inks and just dotted them here and there and then put a little Blending Solution on the Blending tool and tapped it around, to be honest I wasn't too sure about the finished piece, so put it to one side while I made others.  I die cut the 'Paper Cuts Collection Sunflower Edger' Die in white card, I used the Sunflower one as I thought it would work well with the colour of the background.
I took a piece of white card and added my blended background, I used my Scrapbook adhesives Glue runner around the edges of the card, I then laid on my Sunflower die cut, using the same adhesive, I think that the card needed a frame to finish it off, I used Creative Expressions Noble Double Stitched Rectangles to create the frame, I added some foam pads to the back of the frame and placed it over my card.  I mounted the whole thing onto some copper metallic card, to coordinate with the copper in the background, then onto a white card base.
I haven't yet decided on a sentiment so haven't added one, I really like how it has turned out though,
What do you think?

Val, it was so lovely to see you on the Blog yesterday Val, I am so sorry to hear you have been struggling with your hands, I think we take them for granted and it's not until you have pain that you realise how much it affects you, added to the fact that being in constant pain makes you miserable.
Thank you so much for your message, have you still managed to go to your craft group with Wendy?, she has been making some lovely cards, I saw on her blog that she does Groovi too. I hope you are still managing to get out my lovely, sending huge hugs XXX

Pat, thinking about you today my lovely as you celebrate Pete's life with your family and friends, I imagine that there will be standing room only at the Service as Pete was well like and had lots of friends, I am sending you huge hugs my lovely XXX

I hope that you all have a great day ladies,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what an amazing card-it’s gorgeous.

    Today is our annual Audit which will take ALL day! There’s 2 Auditors coming out, same as last year. I’m not looking forward to this at all as they’re ruthless. They Audit the 20 Aseptic Units in the North West plus do other testing/research and give out official advice. Roll on 5pm!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning SANDRA I think these dies are perfect for these backgrounds and you’re right it doesn’t need a sentiment

    I will be thinking of you today PAT xxx

    It was good to see you in VAL I do hope the pain in your hands is easing

    Thank you CHERYL for your message We started off going to Garden Centres but got distracted by an invite to see Oscar - I’d rather visit Oscar than look at grass and sheds!

    Out dancing tonight but hope to craft this afternoon
    I am looking forward to the series 63up starting tomorrow night I am the same age and have watched them all So craft tomorrow will be crochet in front of the tele!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies,

    Wonderful background technique to your card Sandra, so vibrant.
    I used alcohol inks on candles some years ago now and they went like hotcakes. A very forgiving medium as nobody knows if you made a mistake or not.
    After a dullish weekend with sporadic rain today is so sunny, beds have been made and the washing is now on.

    Craft day today, my first stall of this year is on Saturday so must get the numbers on the bags. I am doing similar to Secret Santa at Cannington Christmas last year. I bought some neon flash stars from the Works to stick to lollipop sticks which will be adhered to the bags by sellotape. I have ordered some bingo balls, I think these might be better for buyers to see clearly rather than opening folded raffle tickets to claim a prize. Fingers crossed the weather will be brilliant, otherwise it is in the Village Hall which doesn't have enough room for all the stalls. You only get one table and are squashed up against another stall.

    Have just taken off a Black Mask Peel Off that claims to promote a Youthful Radiance. Can't see it myself so must need to go to Specsavers hahahaha

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great idea to use bingo hall numbers Saves on waste too Good luck I hope it goes well

      Delete
  4. Pretty card Sandra and lovely background.x
    Pat, thinking of you today.x

    Yes still going to craft club Sandra but either reading craft mags or talking.
    Obviously a Red celebration weekend in our house and still on a bit of a high.

    Take care everyone.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, chilly ,showery day here.

    Pap, sending hugs and warm thoughts to you for today.

    Sandra stunning card, love the die cut, and the great background.
    Hope you get my little pressie I sent you, to thank you for all the work you do for us.

    Woke up feeling headlight, so taking it easy today, good excuse to watch tennis.

    Have a lovely day all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies.
    A stunning card Sandra and glad you didn't throw this background away as it is gorgeous.
    Pat , will be thinking of you today. Take care.
    Michele, hope the audits goes well and they are gone asap.
    Karen,have fun tonight going dancing. Keep an eye on the sugar.
    Cheryl, hopefully the weather can stay nice and you have a great day holding your craft stall. The mask it's only for people who Not already have youthful radiance so therefore you can't see any different. Take care.
    Val, have fun at the craft club. Hope your hands feel a bit better today. Do the Sun not help ?
    Brenda, so sorry for your loss.Sending you hugs.
    It is hard when family and friends go over the years to come and it is nothing we can do to stop it. Sorry to be down but talked to my dad yesterday and I'm worried because he will have test to see if the cancer have spread and mum is so bad at walking, in constant pain, and they can't find why.
    Margaret, hope you doing alright. hugs for you and Pop x
    Lilian, hope you have another nice day.Hope the journey for R was fine and he have a nice day in London. Perhaps you can go with him next time and I and some of the other ladies could meet you,just for a coffee,somewhere if you had time ?
    Sending love and hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Palmer3 June 2019 at 14:29

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra love your card, the background against the white shows the die of so well.
    Pat thinking of you today.xxx
    Sue apologies for not commenting, she just cannot get in no matter how she tries. She is thinking of you all.
    Val good to see you again, hope your pain gets easier, hugs on way.xxx
    Brenda & Maria thank you for your thoughts & hugs, I am being well looked after by Pop.xxx
    Lilian please take it easy while Roger is away.xxx
    Lynda hope you not in too much pain, hugs to you both.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who needs them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    It was lovely & warm earlier when we went to The OAP lunch club it was very nice today steak & kidney pie with potato carrots & greans then fruit cake with custard.
    Very nice too.
    SANDRA your card is gorgeous love the Background it's perfect so glad you didn't throw it away.
    PATi hope everything went as well as it could. I've been thinking about you all day. Take care my friend sending you some love & Hug's xx
    MARIA sorry your mum & dad aren't so good sending you some big sqwishy Hug's my friend xx.
    MARGARET glad Pop is looking after you take care. Thanks for my Hug's
    Val have a good time at craft club. Hope you hands feel better soon has the doctor not told you what causing the pain. X6x
    BRENDA sending you some love & Hug's xx
    Love & Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    PAT You have been in my thoughts and prayers to-day, it must have been a day of mixed emotions, so many friends and family want to pay their respects and everyone has special memories to share. Take care and know we are all here for you. xx
    VAL pleased you are still able to go to craft club. xx
    LILIAN don’t go doing too much while R is away. xx
    LYNDA pleased you enjoyed the lunch club, lunch sounds lovely xx
    MARGARET lovely to read Pop is looking after you xx
    CHERYL good luck with your first stall this year. Hope the weather holds out, good weather always draws the crowds out - fingers crossed xx
    MICHELE Hope the audit went well and you got positive feedback xx
    MARIA Sorry to read your Dad isn’t to good and Mum is in constant pain. It must be such a worry knowing you are so far away from them. xx
    KAREN Hope you had a lovely crafty afternoon, enjoy your dancing tonight. xx

    SANDRA Such a beautiful card I love the background colours you’ve used absolutely gorgeous, and thank you for the inspiration.

    Time to get the dinner on, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete