Sunday 9 June 2019

Your Background Challenge Cards





Good Morning Ladies,

Ooh I love Sundays, you ladies are all so amazingly inspiring, I genuinely get excited when I see your emails and messages arrive in my inbox.
Just look at tbe range of styles and techniques you have all used, so many beautiful colours and textures, lets get straight down to business .....


Brenda 

Brenda has made a stunning card, the colour in the background is incredible, so much sparkle too, that perfectly colour matched rose is the perfect finishing touch.
I will add Brenda's description below:

I used my Crystal Tints :
Pure Amethyst, Pink Topaz and Rose Quartz and basically just make mixed them together.  I sprinkled some cosmic shimmer glitter on  Lilac Shine and Teal Haze. 

Thank you so much Brenda for such an inspirational card and for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely xxx 

Lilian

Lilian has created a Watercolour background,  blending three colours of ink with water on a Watercolour card background, I actually love the texture that Watercolour card gives, it looks almost embossed when the light catches it.
The finishing touch for Lilian's card is a Gold die cut 'Cheery Lynn' Flourish. 

I love the simplicity of your card Lilian, sometimes less is definitely more.  Thank you so much foe taking part, it must be so hard with your hands being so painful, I am very grateful X XX 

Sue Bishop

I opened our Challenge up to our FB group, Sue made this stunning card for the challenge, the background is made up of both embossing and ink and stamping, I wil ask Sue to give us a brief description.  I live the pop of colour that fabulous flower gives, Sue has made this too, using text print over a beautiful shade of red.

Thanks Sue for taking part in our Challenge. XXX


Susan Lawson

Susan (also from our Facebook group) chose to create an embossed background for her card, using two different patterns adds interest to your card, your border strip is beautiful, it looks like fabric, so pretty, Susan's card is finished beautifully with a pretty bow and the sentiment printed in Gold Foil.

Thank you so much for taking part Susan XXX 


Lynda



Two stunning cards from our Lynda for our Background Challenge, 

Lynda's first card is made using Alcohol ink, its so striking having just the one colour with the white die cut that Lynda bought from Wish. 

Lynda's 2nd card is made with an Alcohol ink on Acetate background, the die is The Sunflower Papercuts die from Creative Expressions.

Lynda I know you have been struggling with pain this week so I am truly very grateful that you took part XXX

Danielle


Danielle has made three cards for our Background Challenge this week, the first card is made using Distress Inks to create the background, the elephants and balloon are both Stampin'Up! Elements.

Danielle's second card uses Distress Oxides to create the background and different SU die cuts as the embellishments. 

Thank you so much Danielle for taking part in this challenge despite not arriving home from holiday until Wednesday XXX

Michele





Michele made three challenge cards for this weeks challenge, which shows that your mojo is certainly back my lovely! 

Michele's first card has a background made of Gilding Flakes,  the Papercuts style die is die cut in black card and stuck on top, the contrast of the metallic flakes behind the black card really works. 

Michele's 2nd card is made Glitter Washi Tape behind the Star die cut, a great idea for Father's Day.

Michele's 3rd card has a embossed background, using layers of embossed card with coloured card, building a fantastic card.

Thanks so much Michele for 3 amazing challenge cards XXX


Karen




Four fantastic cards from Karen for this weeks 'Background Challenge', just look at the variety of designs, something for everyone in this selection!

Here are Karen's Descriptions......



Card1: Here’s a cc with a caught in crystal background using CS Crystal Tints and Seaspray CS Glitterbitz Sue W dies.

Card 2:   Background is PP’s Burnt Orange, Candy Pink and Rich Gold sprinkled onto wax paper Spritzed with water and gently  “dabbed” with glossy photo paper
Sentiment stamped onto vellum with Spiced Marmalade DO and heat embossed.


Card 3: The background is Aqua Lagoon, Blue Midnight and Purple Violet PP’s on card with cling film scrunched over the top - left to dry and cling film removed
The die is from Wish

Card 4:  I have just finished this one It’s inspired by a make and take at Stamperama in February I have previously made one with oranges and purples with the centre being square
So I thought I’d go for blues and a circle this time! I used a stamp that was a freebie The centre and butterfly coloured with Cracked Pistachio Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean I then flicked silver CS watercolour paint on the circle and spritzed water on the butterfly which is a GUMMIAPAN die.


Thank you so much Karen, I love all of the techniques you have used, your cards are amazing XXX


Janet









Janet has also designed something for everyone with her range of challenge cards too, there are some great 'Man Cards'  in this selection, which is great inspiration for Father's day, which is next weekend, Janet has kindly written descriptions for all of her cards...….

1.Background stencil from Clarity Stencils - designed by Leonie Pujol. Embellishments from stash.

2.Background Stamp bought years ago (no name)Sentiment Tonic Embellishments from stash.

3.Background same Stamp as No2 card. Flowers are 'Sparkle Little Birdie Flowers' from The Range.

4.Background stamp from Bee Crafty Art Stamps.Embellishments are leftover pieces from Wooden Models.

5.Background is card from a 12x12 block bought years and years ago. I wet embossed the card and tag. The sentiments are Creative Expressions also bought years ago.

Thank you so much Janet for 5 incredible challenge cards, you are such an inspiration my lovely, I am so grateful for the time you put into taking part. XXX



Maria



Maria has made two amazing cards for this weeks 'Background Challenge'', Oh Maria that little bird is so cute just sitting on the handle of the teacup, I really love the embossing folder you have used too.
You know that I would love your second card because it features so many shades of green, I really love that lattice background that you have used too, added the diamante gems to the centres really does give a touch of luxury, Maria has also been kind enough to give a description, so I will add that below...…

"
 Card 1)  Bird stamp  and cup die  are an free bee from a magazine. SW Agua card
embossed in Bed of roses. then used new dies from C. Griffiths

Card 2)  Embossed card with Grand JoJo, Used a couple of SW Opal polish on white
card so stayed true. Cur out with C.G's new Dies , stamped some Primulas and
Happy Birthday in the background but after putting on the Primulas cut and stamped
out the flowers from C .Companions that's hidden.
Hope you like them.

Maria, I love both of your cards, thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX

Ladies, what can I say, your cards are amazing, so much colour and interest in every card, this challenge has proved that the background is equally, if not more important than the focal point and embellishments/finishing touches.

Thank you all so very much for taking part XXX

I hope that you all enjoy your Sunday my lovelies.

Love and hugs to all of you

Sandra
xxxxxx











12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    WOW what a wonderful selection of craftiness this week and so many cards that the extra boards have had to be dusted off.lol

    All cards are so inspirational and brighten the day.

    I'm hoping for a quiet day perhaps with my book. Well we can all wish can't we.

    The Sun is shining this morning not like yesterday when we had torrential rain and it was cold too.

    The CAFE is OPEN just waiting for you all to pop in and take a look at this week's Challenge Cards.
    The lunch time menu is Roast Pork so place your orders.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care and have a good day.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    WoW-another fantastic selection of challenge cards today.i did make another add & I thought I’d sent it in-maybe it hit lost in transit.

    Glorious sunshine today (yesterday was horrendous rain & wind plus it was so cold) so it looks like it’ll be gardening after all the housework!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really looking forward to this Sunday and I’m not disappointed So many fabulous cards and more than one from lots of people So many ideas to inspire and thank you to the FB ladies for taking part
    Yesterday ended up with me having a headache that seemed to last for most of the day I ended up just laying on the sofa
    Today we hope to go dancing this afternoon which means seeing Oscar! This morning ironing (groan!) and I need to make a 40th card for work I hope to start a cc
    OH is already sunbathing on his new hammock!
    Have a restful day ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Oh my! what a glorious sight for this morning, so many beautiful cards to see. Well done, you certainly pulled out all the stops this week.

    Thank you all for your lovely comments on my sister's knitted shawl for Chloe. Beverly makes quite a few of them. She is also knitting the cable pram/cot blanket.

    Yesterday the decision was made to hold the Fete outside in the Church Yard. A tad windy and cloudy to start with but then out came the sun. Jamie helped me set up the stall and gazebo then went off to work. He has another inspection test this morning so will might have to stay in hotel overnight before returning home.

    It was a slow start but then as more people came I got busier and some people came back so they obviously liked what they had in their Santa's Secret Summer lucky dip bags. Result?.....All 40 bags sold plus a few little knitted owls and the princely sum of £113 made. What a good start to this year's fundraising.

    I was so tired when I got back home after packing the gazebo (I had much appreciated help from my Steve; my friend Judy's husband who happened to come along at the right time) and tables back in the car along with the dozen owls which will stay there til Jamie can move them tomorrow. Not the owls because I can carry them lol.

    Gurt big uns (hugs) to all those who have been not so good this week. If I had a magic wand to wave away all aches and pains I certainly would.


    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done CHERYL A great start for you

      Delete
    2. Brilliant Cheryl for the first fete, well done. Now rest, hugs x

      Delete
  5. Afternoon ladies.
    Wow just look at all the cards and some amazing backgrounds. Do I need to get some tints ? not sure but you seem to get some wonderful colours together.
    Hope to make some cards up as cc's for cards needed to be sent before holiday. Bought a Wink of Stella, think it was AP, luckily I tested it first on a piece of paper because it came out Brown ?! Package gone but doesn't say on pen it would be brown, disappointed but my fault.
    My birthday £5 from Hobbycraft was running out today so we went over this morning and I got the magazine Michele showed us yesterday and DieCutting Essential 52. Itchy fingers to play with it all plus the present from Son,feeling happy :>)
    Had a coffee in town before going back for OH to watch the football and I am face timing my new sister in an hour.
    I hope you all can have a nice relaxing day. Many hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Palmer9 June 2019 at 16:43

    Hi Sandra & all ladies,
    Sandra what a wonderful selection of cc, it is nice to see Facebook friends as well.xxx
    Cheryl well done on the amout you raised yesterday.xxx
    Have been doing some cross-stich, first time I have felt like it so maybe will try a cc this week.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Some lovely cards today using backgrounds. And as per usual not one the same.
    Congratulations Cheryl on raising a lovely amount for your charity for your stall. Hugs to all who need one today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra & ladies
    WOW some beautiful cc loveing all the differant backgrounds all beautiful & none a like.
    Great seeing the FB group joining in hope to see you again.
    Cheryl congratulations on raising your good amount for your charity on your first stall.
    MICHELE love your backgrounds did you manage without getting messy😂
    MARIA hope you had a nice chat with your sister
    KAREN hope you're head ache has gone now. Enjoy your dancing.
    MARGARET glad you felt like doing some cross stitching.
    Wishing you all a good evening sending loads of Hug's
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab entries all are so different x I love a bit of creative art x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a great display of Challenge cards. I love Sunday’s on the blog and seeing everyone’s cards. Ladies your cards are all so inspiring.
    We have had a busy day, been in the garden most of the day, just pottering, there is always another job to do out there and I have lots of bedding plants to nurse and plant on. The time just fly’s, but is so satisfying.
    CHERYL Well done a fantastic amount raised for your charity’s.
    Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete