Friday 28 June 2019

Something A bit different for me and Next Weeks Challenge



Good Morning Ladies,

WooHoo it's Friday!!! Thank goodness its almost the weekend, we are going to be busy as it's my Mums Birthday so we are off to Colchester tomorrow, we are going to be picking Mum up and taking her over to my Sister Emily's new home for a Barbecue, my Brother and Niece and are hopefully coming too, so it should be really nice, the weather is supposed to be lovely too, the only down side is that my sisters house is half an hour on from my Mum's so that will put another hour of travelling time on to the day.

Today's card is very different for me but I absolutely loved making it, I ordered the Woodware Clear Singles 'Afternoon Tea' stamp from Ben at In2craft, with some Distress Oxide Sprays, I used all of those to make todays card, I started by spritzing a piece of white card with Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Sprays, I dried it and rubbed over it with an anti static bag before stamping the that gorgeous stamp over the inky background, I added clear Embossing powder and heat set. I mounted this piece onto a black layer and set to one side while I made my background piece.  I used the same inks but this time sprayed them through a mask and then I took a butterfly and post mark stamp to create a background, I dried it with my heat tool, I used a Tim Holts Background die to cut those background pieces, to give some interest, I didn't want my sentiment to obscure my focal point so I used the Intricutz 'Intricate Sentiment' die set, you can use both the letters that cut out and the waste as the main focus with this set. I placed the sentiment around the corner, for a different look.
I wanted to add something in the bottom corner so I coloured some white seam binding with the leftover ink on my craft mat, spritzed with some water, I scrunched the ribbon into the inky mess and dried it with my heat tool!
A couple of gem stones finish my card, I hope you like this different look.

Next Weeks Challenge

A simple challenge for this  week, I thought we should go for a  'Colour Theme'  Challenge.

I would like you to make a card using 'Shades of  any colour you choose' , I went for Shades of 'Green' for my card.
You can add Black and White to your cards too, you the 'Shades' are  your accent colour.

I am looking forward to seeing your cards ladies,

Have  a lovely day, try and stay cool,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-stunning Card & a great challenge for next week.
    I hope the journey isn’t too bad for you tomorrow, I’m sure it will be lovely to see your family especially if the weather is still warm & sunny as it’s nice to be able to sit outside.

    Managed to get done sleep last night so I’m feeling a bit brighter. I’ll keep chasing up my physio & GP today for an appointment.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA- I love this card and the colour.
    This week's Challenge is a really good one and definitely one that I will be able to take part in.

    Well it's a super busy place here today. Car to be packed (I'll be keeping well out of the way of that lol)and making sure we have everything needed for travelling over the next two days.

    The CAFE is OPEN and there's ice cream and lollies in the freezer just begging to be tasted lol.
    Have a good day whatever you're all up to. HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card SANDRA I have my thinking cap on already I have a lot of cards to make Surely I can fit the challenge to at least one of them!
    Safe trip tomorrow JANET and SANDRA
    I hope you sort your appointment out MICHELE
    OH is off today and we’re having our hair done and out dancing tonight
    I’m off to London tomorrow with a couple of friends and on Sunday OH and I are in London for his Legends Tour at Chelsea with Ron (Chopper) Harris So a busy one for a change
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Palmer28 June 2019 at 12:03

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra what a pretty card & great challenge for next week. I hope you have a lovely time tomorrow & safe journey.xxx
    Janet safe journey to you on Saturday & Sunday.xxx
    Lynda I know how you feel, sorry you have had another fall, it makes you so wary. Good job we have good husbands, hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Love your card today,as you said it different from your usual style but nonetheless it’s really lovely. I believe it does us all good form time to time to try something different. I haven’t got any Oxide Sprays .... yet! They would have been on my Ally Pally shopping list, but hay hoe that’s not to be. Might just have a peep at Bens website.
    Have a safe journey tomorrow, hope Mum is in good form. It will be lovely for you to see your sisters new home. Have a great day. xx
    Tea break over Garden calling love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    A lovely card today Sandra in shades of green. I have distress inks but not any sprays. Mind you I haven’t done any backgrounds for awhile.
    I hope you have a uneventful journey up to your Mums. It’ll be nice to see your sisters new house though, even if it adds to your journey.
    Janet I hope you have a good journey as well.
    Lynda I hope your feeling better today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies
    I thought I commented this morning but it's not there so probably didn't my head banging on the floor has a lot to answer for lol I have some pretty colourful bruises coming out now & I'm still very saw
    I'm managing to have strip washes
    Lisa's really good to me she text me on he tea back this morning saying she has ordered me a bath mat & a seat that fits over the bath. So I don't have to stand so I will call Terry to help me out. Silly I know but when I look at the bath I feel sick thinking what could have happened to me.
    So hopefully the seat will be OK.
    Sorry again for the waffle 😥
    SANDRA hope your journey is OK for you it will be nice to see your sisters new home & hope you find your mum has a nice birthday.
    JANET have a safe journey to & everything goes to plan.Both of you Enjoy your holiday xx
    Hug's for everyone extra for anyone who needs them
    Love Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete