Friday 7 June 2019

Danielle's Distress Oxide Background Challenge Cards













Next Week's Challenge



Good Friday Morning ladies,

Danielle is closing our week of Background inspiration with her Distress Oxide background cards,
when I went to stay with Danielle a few weeks ago I took my Distress Oxide inks with me, as Danielle had never played with them, as you might expect she loved them straight away, so I left her 3 to play with (it was a last minute rush to hide them from her so the colours weren't the broadest range, I wanted her to find them and be surprised, which she was).  
Anyway these cards are her first projects playing with the 'DO' inks, which is an amazing achievement, the first card is a blend of Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon, and Danielle has just popped two flower die cuts from 'Sunshine Wishes' (SU) die set, the 'Love' comes from that set too.
However simple it sounds, the design really works.  
Danielle's second card is made from a Blend of 'Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon & Dried Marigold''  with that pretty heart die cut popped in the centre, again a simple design that really works.
These backgrounds are quick and easy and really effective.
Danielle did do a YouTube Tutorial, showing how she achieved the blended effect, I will leave the link for that below...…

Next Weeks Challenge

I thought that we would go for a TicTacToe for next weeks Challenge as we haven't had one for a couple of weeks, this is a new one for us, (I think it is anyway), there is quite a good selection on this one, I think that the only square that needs explaining is:
Designer Series Paper - which is basically any Decorative/Patterned paper 

I look forward to seeing your cards my lovelies xxxx

HAPPY NEWS

Our Sophie passed her Driving Test yesterday !!!! Such a surprise, she told nobody that she had her test, she came back from her 'Lesson' and asked if I would like something nice for lunch, I said that I had already had some Ryvita and Cheese, she smiled and said ''thats doesn't sound very celebratory'' to which I replied, why would I be celebrating, she then produced her Pass Certificate, I  couldn't have been happier, as it turned out both her and Lucy had had the same Examiner. 
That's all our children driving now, there will be no space at all on the driveway now.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


7 comments:

  1. Morning ladies,
    Beautiful cards Danielle. My favourite colour.x

    Well done Sophie. Hope your drive is long enough for all the cars Sandra.x

    Off to GP for blood test shortly the Craft Group later on.

    Hugs to all and especially for those not feeling too good today.

    Great challenge for next week Sandra. Lots of selection.

    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Danielle-love all your backgrounds, they’re brilliant & my favourite colour too.

    Sandra-congratulations to Sophie on passing her driving test. Next weeks challenge looks good-lots to choose from.

    Yesterday was tiring-we finished about 4:30 so I got back to Southport around 5pm in time to start my Tesco shopping. I was shattered last night so all I did was sit & watch TV! We had torrential rain and thunder during the afternoon but then it brightened up-luckily the interviews had all finished.More rain forecast this afternoon and most of tomorrow.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    A lovely selection of backgrounds. That colour is beautiful.

    Congratulations to SOPHIE on passing her driving test.
    You now have a really good choice of chauffeurs lol.

    Well it's come round to that 'swear' word day again. The washer is already churning away so I'm hoping I can get them out on the line to dry. We managed to evade the rain yesterday.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual and waiting for you all.
    HUGS are on their way to you so have a good day take care and stay safe. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a lovely selection of backgrounds Danielle has created, proving you don’t have to use lots of colours to achieve something really beautiful and inspiring. DANIELLE Thank you for sharing. xx

    CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE Sophie on passing your driving test. When you get your own car Dad will have the mark parking bays on the drive.
    SANDRA on the plus side - when Sophie does get a car that’s another driver to take you out and Paul will be able to put his feet up 🤨 !!!

    I did get to play with my Crystal Tints yesterday and made 3 backgrounds, not sure which I will use for my CC also have to decide what to use as the focus. I think my brain cells are shrinking, ideas seem to have flown out of the window.

    The weather here is wet and miserable, it did brighten up for a short time but soon returned to rain again, I had hoped to get out into the garden, I have lots of bedding plants and tomatoes (Sorry Paul No cucumbers) to plant on. The tomatoes in the greenhouse are all coming on quite well, they are mostly Plum and Large verities.

    Coffee break over, have a lovely day everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Lovely backgrounds Danielle. Love what you’ve done with them as well.
    Congratulations Sophie on passing your driving test. All you need now is the car. What with the cars and Matt’s truck you’ll all be moving card around to get out,
    I managed to get a tomato plant yesterday. No Cucumber plants at Yarnton Paul. Pete’s friend Pat usually gives us tomato plants and cucumber plants but didn’t this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS SOPHIE There’ll Be no stoping you now
    Pretty cards DANNI CAS cards are my favourite style of card I made similar versions last week
    I am late today because OH came home from work yesterday and realised he’d left his mobile behind He needed to borrow my phone so that garage could contact him after car’s MOT - which passed thankfully
    Work was a little better today after I had a mini meltdown yesterday and the person that’s causing all of the friction was away today
    Take care all I hope those that are in pain get some relief- this awful wet weather doesn’t help I expect
    I was pleased to read that your sister is getting better and “enjoyed” her physio
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All, very wet here, was I wishing for rain last? We’ve had enough now, and so cold ,had to have the fire on.

    How lovely that Sophie has passed her test, without telling you, saved all that worry.

    Great cards Danni, I’m planning something similar, although I have not bought any oxides, so will use pens on acetate.

    Terrible pins and needles in my hands today, so no crafting, hopefully better tomorrow.


    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete