Tuesday 4 June 2019

'Caught In Crystal' Background Challenge card






Good Morning Ladies,

As you can see I am a little bit obsessed with these new Papercuts Flower Edger dies, they are Designed by Cathie Shuttleworth (For Creative Expressions )

Ben at In2Craft has everything you need to make this card, that's where all my new craft goodies came from, he actually has a great feature on his website where you can shop for everything you see on a Craft show on TV all in one place, just click the ''As Seen On TV'' button and choose your show.

Click the link below to go to In2Craft:

In2Craft 


Today's die is the 'Clematis' Edger, which I cut in white card,  I used the Noble Double Stitched Rectangle set B to die cut the frame.
My background is made by taking a sheet of Acetate and adding a liberal swirls of Pure Amethyst and Pink Topaz Crystal Tint Lacquers, I added some Mermaid Purple Glitterbitz, as if that wasn't enough sparkle I added some Frosty Dawn Glitter too,  I took a piece of tissue paper and screwed it up, I then teased it out a little and squidged it into the sparkly, purple pink mess on the acetate, now a bit of a tip here.... to make sure you get the tissue paper pressed right into the crystal tints etc, so instead of using a bit of kitchen roll that you would throw away, use a piece of card , that way you get an extra background as a bonus. You need to put your acetate to one side to dry,  probably over night but you can check it after a couple of hours if you are as impatient as I am!!  Once dry you can use for whatever you please.
I placed mine behind my Clematis Edger die, added a white frame,  some metallic edged Berry Burst ribbon and a tag with 'Just For You ' stamped on it. I mounted the card onto a piece of Berry Burst card and then onto a white card base.
The final finishing touch is those faceted gems which I coloured with Alcohol Inks.

I hope you all have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a stunning background & a really lovely card. I had s play with distress inks last night but all I made was 3 horrible messy backgrounds. I might try using the inks with Acetate tonight.

    The Auditors arrived at 9am, left at 5:30 and we had approximately 20 minutes for lunch. They were extremely critical this year so I’m not expecting a great report. It will be nice to have s normal working day today as I’ve got meetings tomorrow morning then training a student in the afternoon then interviews all day Thursday.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card SANDRA I love doing caught in crystal backgrounds Great tip about taking a “print”

    I ordered a couple of the edger dies from BEN last night

    I was saddened to read your news BRENDA Take care xx

    I hope your mum and dad are OK MARIA Fingers crossed that your dad’s tests go well

    I wish I could wave a magic wand and get rid of everyone’s pain Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    We have a very dull start to the day here and it's much cooler.

    A beautiful card SANDRA.

    It's K&N this afternoon so I've got to sort out crafty things for that.

    The CAFE is OPEN and waiting for you all. Coffee and Walnut cake is waiting to be eaten so help yourselves.
    HUGS on their way to you all with many extras for Dear Friends not feeling too good. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies.
    What a gorgeous card Sandra, super background. These flower edge dies are coming out everywhere at the moment. Have not bought one yet, saving for Ally Lol
    Janet- you testing my will powers today, coffee and walnut cake mmmmm If any left I love a piece and as it ww day and I only put on half a lbs. Promise to do my best rest of the week but boy it is hard some days.
    Sending love and hugs to you all and some extra's for you who need some. Take care, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I wrote a long comment awhile ago but forgot to use Google, needless to say it would not publish, daft thing is I can retrieve it using the back arrow ............... Grrrrrr technology !
    Back to the now - Sandra your card is gorgeous, the background really adds a beautiful depth to the design. I also have Crystal Tints lacquers, Worst still have never used them, (Think I bought them last year) you have certainly inspired me to have a play.
    Take care,love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    We have had a cold & has been raining all day. I've just lost a comment what happened I have no idea.
    SANDRA your card is gorgeous lovely background I love doing caught in crystal. I made a Challenge card today with the alcohol inks on acetate I came out OK but I didn't have any blending solutions. I bought a edger die from in2craft yesterday & it came today such good service.
    Well I'm going to say goodnight as don't want this one to disappear
    Love & Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Thank you for explaining how you made that background.

    ReplyDelete