Friday 31 May 2019

Your New Challenge




Good Friday Morning Ladies,

The next challenge I have chosen is one that we have done a couple of times before but you always make amazing cards for it, so I am hoping that you like it.....

You may have guessed from today's card but if not your next Challenge is to make cards using your own backgrounds, it can be as simple or as technical as you like, I will add some examples below...…

Use an embossing folder, maybe try embossing patterned paper for a different look, or add gilding wax to highlight the embossed areas.

You could stamp a background

Emboss resist then add ink

Watercolour wash

Sharpie Technique that Karen uses, or use cheap pens like Danielle did last week

Use an adhesive sheet and add glitter, micro beads over plain or patterned paper

Bargello technique (weaving paper)

Mica powders, perfect pearls, pixie powders

Caught in Crystal technique

Herringbone pattern technique

Thats all my tired brain can think of right now, I am sure there are lots more, basically it's an excuse to get messy and have fun!!

I did just that yesterday afternoon, (after I had settled Harley, yes he's still frisky)!!
I ordered some of the Cosmic Shimmer Crystal Tints from Ben at 'In2Craft' after seeing them on Julia's show last Friday, I wanted to have a go at the 'Caught in Crystal' technique and when I saw Julia use them instead of glue or glossy accents for the caught in crystal I was surprised at how vibrant the colours were, they arrived yesterday morning and I was itching to have a go.
I took a piece of acetate and squeezed on a combination of Teal Tourmaline, Lime Peridot & yellow Citrine Crystal tints, I then added some White Pearl Pixie Powders and a sprinkle of 'Glitterbitz' chunky glitter, I scrunched up a piece of tissue paper and pushed it into the mixture, now I needed something to 'smoosh' it down with, so I thought for a moment and instead of using a baby wipe of kitchen roll I decided to use a piece of white watercolour card, that way if it looked ok I could use the it as another background, if not it didn't really matter.  So I took my watercolour card and smooshed it into the green gooey mess and carefully peeled it off and left it to dry.  I made another Caught in Crystal in a different colour and did the same.
By the time I had finished and tidied away my watercolour piece was dry and had a shimmer to it and was actually a really nice colour so I decided to use it with the 'With Love' Papercuts die that I used the other day, I was happier with this one because I have framed it and I think it looks neater.
I embossed the background to add more interest and placed it on my card base, adhered the 'With Love' die cut, added a piece of ribbon that coordinated and tied a triple bow that I trimmed with a crystal faceted heart gem. I cut a frame to fit the piece, which finished it off nicely, I added a few green hearts here and there for embellishment.
I hope you like it, I really do like the colour of that background (but then I love green), the photo below my card is of the 'Caught In Crystal' that that background came from, which I am was still wet, I can't wait to see it when its all dry.

Val I hope all is well, sending hugs xxx

Not much planned for us this weekend, I hope to do some crafting.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra—love today’s card, it’s brilliant. Next weeks challenge I’d s good one although I doubt I’ll be getting messy-just not my style. I’ll try to produce something that’s a bit different though.

    After another extremely busy day at work I was glad to go just sit and read after dinner yesterday. Today will be another busy one but at least it’ll be the weekend soon -yeah!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous SANDRA just gorgeous I love doing caught in crystal backgrounds They’re easy to do and the results always look impressive
    I have “played” making backgrounds now I need to actually use them!
    I’m glad the service went as well as they can MARIA I was thinking of you and RIC xxx
    Your daughter’s journey sounded horrible BRENDA But at least she’s home safe and sound
    I’m out dancing tonight and will be seeing the gorgeous OSCAR tomorrow (can’t wait) He makes my heart melt
    Have a good weekend whatever you’re up to xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & ladies
    SANDRA I love your card & the cought in crystal the colours are as you say so vibrant its beautiful.
    MARIA hope service went as well as it could was thinking of you both.
    Wow BRENDA your poor daughter having that horrendous journey home.
    MICHELE sorry your having many hectic work days this week. Enjoy your weekend.
    SANDRA sorry look forward to next week's challenge feeling a messy make coming on. 😁
    Hug's for everyone love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, lovely day here, have been out in the garden this afternoon, sitting on a chair with long handed tools, so aching now.

    Love cards yesterday and today, although green is my least favourite colour ( Cornish superstition)

    Not much other news, so hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies
    Stunning card Sandra and I like the cc for next week.
    I'm sorry but today went without me other then being very, very tired so slept the day away and of course I'm now sitting here watching tv etc. Going to bed soon tho because I promised myself to make a cc for Sunday and now running out of time but will try my best after walk and shopping in the morning. Good night my friends. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete