Saturday 18 May 2019

Mixed Craft Saturday Featuring Michele's Magazine Review



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and enjoying the weekend, such a shame that the weather has changed for the worst, it was so chilly last night we had the fire in the lounge lit. Paul's parents are used to the slightly warmer climate of Devon, so really felt the cold.  You don't often see Paul's dad out of shorts but he was yesterday, we can't put the heating on either which made it seem even colder.

Anyway we start today with the fantastic Box above that Danielle has designed, I love the card she has used to make it, luckily for us Danielle has made a tutorial, I will leave the link below...….




Janet


Our Janet made some amazing cards while she was in Marigny, I imagine that being in that relaxed environment really helps your creativity, well just look at the cards that Janet made, that proves my point. 
Janet made these lovely cards using the same 'La Blanche' Decoupage kit that she used to make her challenge card last week.  I love how the vintage theme of the kit Janet,  you could add lace and pearls or leave them just as they are they still look amazing.
Thank you so much Janet for allowing me to share your cards with our friends. XXX


Michele's Magazine Review




Hi Sandra 



This weeks Review features Papercraft Essentials which has a “Cracking “ free gift-Wallace & Grommit Stamps & Foiled Collection.





Here’s some ideas you can use the fee gift to make.





Here’s s more in depth feature. There’s 2 more features using the feee gifts including cards for Ladies.





A great beginners guide to inked Die impressions and another way to use your Dies (always a bonus!





Great article on Faux layered Diecutting with some lovely cards as examples.





There another feature on Cards for men using Dies-they’ve used Hexagon Dies plus patterned papers.




These cards could be used for many occasions & any age group.



That’s it for this week, Happy Crafting.

Michele 

Michele thank you so much for yet another fantastic magazine review, we all need some inspiration when it comes those cards for Men!!  There is so much more in it too, thanks again Michele XXX




 Michele's Crafty Buys


Michele received a £5 voucher from Hobbycraft for her Birthday (you just need to sign up to their loyalty card/Blog). Both items were half price, so with the £5 voucher Michele only paid....£1.25, now that's what you call savvy shopping!
Thanks for sharing Michele xxx


 Karen

Karen saw this die being demonstrated on Hochanda by Pete Hughes and loved it, so she looked online and ordered herself one, I think I might need to buy one too Karen, there are some exquisite lace designs there. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring me to spend more money, I hope you don't mind if I tell Paul it was your fault!!! 😜😜 XXX

That's all for today Ladies, we have a busy family day ahead, Paul's brother is coming over with his family for the day to spend time with us and Paul's parents.  Paul is looking forward to it, he doesn't often spend time with his family so I want him to enjoy every moment. 

Have a lovely day however you are spending it my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Danielle-love the gift box, it’s so pretty.

    Janet-what beautiful cards, they’re lovely.

    Karen-love your Border Dies. They look great.

    I have yet another trip in to Southport this morning as my M&S order (trousers ) hadn’t arrived when I called in yesterday which is frustrating. Just need a few bits of food shopping then I’m done. We’re off out this afternoon to collect my new car which means we’ll be late home by the time we’ sorted out all the paperwork & driven home.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    We have another very dull cold start to the day here but at least it's fine.

    DANIELLE- what a pretty gift box. Love those colours and the card you have used.

    Off shopping this morning so fingers crossed that Meadowhall won't be too busy though perhaps that's a big hope as it's Cup Final this afternoon so all football fans will be shopping this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN waiting for you all to pop in. There's Afternoon Tea on the menu this afternoon so anyone not liking football can escape lol.
    Have a good day.Take care and stay safe. HUGS are winging their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello it's me again.
    Sorry MICHELE- Thank you for the Mag review. I have to pop into WH Smith this morning so will be having a look.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful box DANIELLE and thank you for the tutorial but I will have to watch it later
    JANET Your work is exquisite
    Thank you for the magazine review MICHELE I think I’ll be passing on this one as I won’t use Wallace and Grommet for my friends and I don’t really sell cards Some nice bargains there too
    The die set I bought is lovely and cuts beautifully There are 2 designs in large and small
    I am going to meet an old work colleague later We worked together in the 70’’s until she moved to Cumbria We’ve kept in touch by exchanging Christmas cards She too is an avid knitter and crocheter I’m really looking forward to seeing her after all of this time
    I know Paul will enjoy having his family around - don’t work too hard SANDRA
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again! I meant to say that with your style of crafting SANDRA I don’t think you’d be disappointed in buying the dies
    Hands up PAUL I’ll take the hit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    It’s Super Saturday again - lots of lovely goodies to look at.
    DANIELLE Love the box, thank you for the tutorial.
    JANET Lovely cards, you certainly kept yourself busy when you were in Marigny. When you talk about Meadowhall I think about a young man (school Year 6) who said he lived to there. I sat next to him in one of my return trips from Loughborough, his parents were sitting on the opposite side of the train. I had barely settled into my seat when he introduced himself and ask my name, he was so entering and didn’t stop talking until we got to London.
    KAREN Beautiful dies, enjoy using them. Enjoy meeting your friend,
    MICHELE Very useful additions to your craft stash. Thank you for the magazine review.
    Sandra hope your weekend is going well and the whole family are enjoying all the visitors. Personally I just love all family get togethers. Have a great weekend. XX

    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Janet OOPS he said he live CLOSE to there. xx

      Delete