Wednesday 8 May 2019

Another Sparkle & Shine Challenge card

Good Morning Ladies,

I returned to a favourite colour combination of mine for today's challenge card, Blackberry Bliss, Copper and Cream, it looks so rich, I love it.
I used another die that Lynda had sent me some time ago, a Tonic Verso die called Idylics Lattice Sie set. I cut the base layer of the die in Copper foiled card, then the detailed layer out of Blackberry Bliss card and glued the two together, I built the centre panel up with two more layers and raised the Blackberry Bliss layer on Foam pads.  
The base of the card is a piece of Blackberry Bliss card scored and folded in half, I then added a layer of copper and a layer of cream card the I embossed with Creative Expressions A4 Checkerboard Pin Point embossing folder. 
To embellish the card I used a selection of flowers in complimentary colours and added some pearls to the lattice work of the die cut.
It was hard to capture the shine of the foil card but it was there.

Well it was a very quiet day in our house yesterday, too quiet for me, I did eventually get into my craft room after sorting the lambs etc, luckily if was a nice day so they could be outside all day eating grass (and my flowers but thats to be expected I suppose) we will be ok as long as they don't touch Paul's strawberry plants, they have taken a liking to the Golden Rod that is shooting up in the border by the patio, I think that its used as a herb in the USA so I think it should be safe, I have seen Golden Rod Honey too, they like Chives, lavender and rosemary too, luckily they aren't going to be sent to the butcher, they would have had a lovely taste if they had!! 🤯!!  I am trying not to form any kind of attachment to them for their benefit, but if I sit outside with them to encourage them to stay out in the morning, a couple of them will come up and put their head on my knee, they love having under their chin scratched, it's so funny to watch, their little tail stumps wag like crazy and they close their eyes as though they are enjoying every moment.  They are all practising 'butting' each other with their newly formed mini horns, again it's fascinating to watch them play. They seem to have accepted the Tiny new one as one of their own, she now curls up to sleep amid the three of them.  

Sue, I hope you have arrived safely at your hotel and that the sun is shining for you, relax and enjoy every moment. xxx

I hope that you are all well, sending gentle hugs to those of you not feeling 100% xxx

Love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx



12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A very pretty card today and I love that gold colour SANDRA.

    It's going to be extra busy today as I have to book ferry and overnight hotel; send off my CC; order my next prescription for when I get back and hopefully finish off something for Mixed Up Saturday. Well that's the plan.

    It's raining this morning and quite cold so the log burner is already lit. The weather has really been up and down all the time but it has really been wonderful to be back with peace and quiet.

    HUGS are on their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends in need of them. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a gorgeous card, I love the colours.
    I’ll bet it’s fun watching the lambs playing & I guess you’ll miss them once they’re big enough to go into the fields.

    Busy day yesterday at work then I called in to see my Dad & collect the Power of Attorney paperwork as he didn’t seem to want to keep it. Quick meal then I went to see a friend-the one who has previously given me kits of surplus stash. She trying to gain more computer skills, wants to get back into crafting but is still trying to do everything for her husband-she looks worn out! Anyway we had a fun couple of hours last night but I was very glad to get back home as I was shattered.
    My Father in Law has his operation yesterday to remove the gallstones & is ok. We’re planning on visiting him tonight-he’s being barrier nursed as he’s got MRSA so I’m not too happy about going but hubby thinks we should go!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Perfect for all sorts of occasions
    Sorry to hear that your FIL has MRSA Michele
    This afternoon I hope to attempt a cc and as I am home alone tonight I’d like to finish crocheting a toucan for OH’s birthday next week
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    WOW! Sandra, the Bliss and Copper cardstock looks so good together. I have some X cut metallic sticky sheets that I use for my male cards, an SB lattice die and 3 Ultimate Craft background collections so I could make a similar effect. I will have to find my darkest colours to see what effects I could have. Thank you for the inspiration.

    After yesterday's very productive day in the garden, dinner at teatime and a hot shower I tumbled into bed for a half hour jigsaw relaxation on my kindle whilst my tablets took hold and was asleep in seconds. Probably why I was first awake at 4.45 this morning then turned over and re-awoke 7.15.
    We had such lovely weather over the weekend and although yesterday was a cloudy at times, it was still warm enough for me to tackle the mountain of rotted decking that BIL took up last year for me. Jamie has now bought a trailer and I cannot wait to fill it! He had a blonde moment when I suggested using a dump sack (left by the builder merchants) for the wood, until I explained that as the bag sides were higher than the trailer sides we could get more in the trailer without having to tie everything down as the sides of the bag could be folded over the contents creating a safer way to transport them to the tip.

    It's been raining for quite a while now so I am not feeling guilty having a craft day, who knows? I may even get the last 3 weeks challenge cards finished as well as this week's lol

    Gurt big squashy hugs for all that need one.
    Enjoy your holidays Sue and Janet.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Palmer8 May 2019 at 10:23

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Café open & sponge cake in cabinet so help yourself.xxx
    Sandra your card is lovely, love the colours.xxx
    Quick visit this morning have solicitor coming to see us, sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Had my hair cut also OH too so pl as mine had got so long.
    SANDRA your card is gorgeous lovely
    Colour's you have used it's really a rich colour. Love it.
    I love hearing about the lamb's I bet they are getting big now Aww the two that come over & put their heads in your lap how sweet.
    Doctors went OK my doctor increased my Duloxetine tablet's to 2 a day
    But wants to see me in a month before she increases the Amatrptaline to see how I am then decide. I also had a letter for pain management appointment think they are a waste of time.
    MICHELE sorry to hear about your FIL wish him well.
    Sending Hug's for everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I started to leave a comment this morning and got distracted when I returned the comment had vanished! We were up and about early today as we (the royal we) were having our hair cut. Anyway back home now having picked up some shopping on the way home. Sitting down now and enjoying a cup of tea....bliss

    Sandra today’s card is lovely, those colours work so well together.

    Michele Sorry to read your FIL has MRSA.. it’s probably for the best that you handle the power of attorney documents, if they sit in your dad‘s house he’s going to be on the phone to you asking what should you do with them ?

    Better say bye for now, I’m starting to nod of can feel 40 winks coming on!!

    Love Brenda. xxx


    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Just a quick visit before turning the phones off now we are settled into the apartment. The weather isn’t too warm at the moment and isn’t forecast to be much better for the next few days so that’s a shame but still lovely to be away.
    What a beautiful card Sandra. Those colours are wonderful together aren’t they.
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, sorry not bin in for a few days, had a fall in the garden, no bones broken, but a bruised bottom and very shook up.

    Sandra you cards have all been lovely, as were all of the Sunday cards.

    Have heard from cardiologist am on waiting list, will be 3-4months although my case is marked urgent !!!

    Hugs to you all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that should say been in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi all,
    gorgeous card Sandra. Lovely to hear about the lambs, glad they not for the table Lol
    So sorry Michele to hear about FIL, wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Oh Lilian, poor you. Glad you didn't break anything but you must be so sore bless you. Gentle hugs for you.
    Sue, have a wonderful holiday and hope the sun will shine on you all soon. Just enjoy yourself and have fun !
    Lynda, hope the meds will help you soon. It's awful to have this pain and pain management programmes are not much help but you get to meet others with same or similar probs and you can discuss how things are. Do give it a try. hugs
    Janet, it seem like you went yesterday and now you getting ready to go back home. Have a good journey back/
    Having my new sister here is brilliant and it's funny how many things we are alike eachother. We have been around MK for a few day , the Centre yesterday (long day) and today we went to Frost and took it easy by looking at photos etc while OH was watching the football,hos team won thank goodness Lol Just after 10am today we are going in to London by train for the day, Camden Gardens, I think. Never been before so that will be fun so best get to bed so one mange it all, didn't go to bed until 4am yesterday, no good.
    Have a nice day everyone and many hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete