Sunday 5 May 2019

Your Fancy Fold Challenge cards






Good Morning Ladies, 

Ooh it's chilly up North, having a lovely time at Danielle's,  she is now in love with Distress Oxide Inks! 

Some absolutely amazing cards from you ladies this week  it's amazing how much difference a few extra score lines in a piece of card can make.

Here we go......



Danielle

Danielle made a stunning Easel card using the Unicorn die from StampAddictuk.com, I love the colours you have used and that lovely paper.
Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge Danielle. XXX



Brenda

Brenda has made the most beautiful Gatefold card for this weeks Fancy Fold Challenge, I absolutely love the die that you have used Brenda, is it one of the new ones that you bought from Christine Emberson's Hope&Chances shop?
I will add Brenda's description below.....

" I am using the card I made for Sue’s birthday as my CC it’s a gate fold card, the colour of the card is Soft Salmon (Creative Expressions Feltmark Texture Card) it looks a bit wishey washie in the photo in real life it’s quite a lovely colour. The die I used is Spellbinders Infinity Link Border"

Thank you so much Brenda for such an inspirational card XXX


Michele 

Michele has made a 'Wardrobe' Fold card for the Fancy Fold Challenge , I love that die Michele and the colours you have used.
Michele has left the card blank at the moment as she wasn't sure what occasion to use for.

Here is Michele's Description....

 I used an Apple Blossom Die that was free with Diecutting Essentials about 2 years ago.

I love this card Michele, everything works so beautifully together XXX


 Karen




Karen has made 2 cards for this weeks Fancy Fold Challenge, a lovely Gatefold card and a Pop up Box.
I will add Karen's description below...

Card 1:  Here’s a cc It’s a very simple gatefold card for OH’s Birthday on 16th He is a huge Chelsea fan and the image is a Wrinklies decoupage sheet from La Pashe The football was cut on ScanNCut
On the inside is an image of Chelsea’s ground and a pocket holding his gift As it’s a semi milestone birthday (65) I have bought him a Legends tour with Ron Harris (one of his heroes back in the day)
He always makes a huge fuss of me So he’ll be surprised and hopefully pleased.

Card 2: Another cc for Alan’s sister whose birthday is 17th
It’s a copy of one on front cover of DCE which Michele reviewed today
I enjoyed making it but it was a bit wasteful printing off the sheets because I couldn’t manipulate it Just a straightforward print So I have a lot of bits left over
I found trying to line up the dies to cut very fiddly- probably because I haven’t split the dies up yet So I cut a few bits on ScanNCut with a 1mm border
Thank you so much Karen for two amazing Challenge cards XXX



 Janet




Three stunning cards from Janet for this week's Challenge, 3 very different Fancy Folds.

Card 1: The basic Handbag shape was cut freehand from my Scraps. The flap is a pre-patterned/shape also from my scrap drawer. The sentiment is a Joanna Sheen die.

Card 2: This card shaped as an 'Apron' was cut free hand from a scrap piece of card. The embellishments on the apron are also from my scraps.

Card 3: This card is cut from Sue Wilson (Astoria Decorative Accent) using mirror card. The middle embellishment sits on a piece of Tonic card.

Three stunning Challenge cards Janet, thank you so much for taking part in the challenge this week XXX
 Maria


Maria made an amazing and technical Star Fold card for the Fancy Fold Challenge, I love it Maria, I love the paper you have used too, it works really well with the card style.
That intricate topper works really well with the card too.
Thank you so much Maria for taking part, I hope you have a lovely time with your New Sister. XXX

Lynda




Lynda has been busy this week, she has made two stunning and very inspirational cards for the weeks challenge. 
The first is an absolutely stunning Z fold card, that has a pocket full of die cut flowers, those flowers look stunning Lynda, this would be a perfect card for someone in hospital as the flowers are so beautiful and would really be a perfect replacement for real ones.

Lynda's second card is a pop up box card, which is from a magazine freebie believe it or not, It maybe the one that Michele featured yesterday with the tools and box

Thank you so much Lynda for making two fantastic challenge cards despite feeling really unwell XXX



 Margaret 


Margaret has made two lovely challenge cards, the first one is an Easel style card with a beautiful die cut top.  The die is a Crafters Companion Edge die and looks beautiful cut in the colour card, it matches perfectly with the free SU paper that you have used.

Margaret's second card is a lovely tent fold card, using the most beautiful paper, the card is finished with a Label cut in a matching colour using the 'Lovely Label' punch. 
Thank you so much Margaret for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX


Val

is 
Val had made a beautiful double front opening card for our challenge this week.
That cute die cut topper is just lovely and this style of card really shows off the centre of the card.
Val I am sure that this .card will fly off the shelf at the shop.  
Thank you so much for taking part. XXX


I hope you like all the cards that are on display today and hopefully they will give you all a little
 inspiration.  You have all done an amazing job this week, so I would like to thank all of you.

I hope that you all have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. You are all so talented. So many great card folds, thank you all for the inspiration and thank you Sandra for sharing them. I haven’t touched any of my craft things all week, the nearest I got to crafting was looking at all of the goodies in Hobbycraft on Tuesday with you Sandra.
    I knew Danni would fall in love with the Distress Oxides as I haven’t meet or heard of anyone who doesn’t love them within minutes of using them. Danni, I bet you are now trying to decide which colours to buy first aren’t you ; )
    Sandra, you definitely deserve the weekend away and I hope you and Danni manage to get lots of crafting done together xx
    Maria, I hope you gave a lovely time with your “new” sister x
    We have another busy day today. It is Chris’s sister Sue’s 60th birthday, she doesn’t want a big fuss but her son and daughter have arranged for all of us siblings and partners to get together for lunch with her, which we all know she will enjoy then we are all out for dinner tonight so it’s going to be a long but very enjoyable day. It is so funny hearing of the antics they all got up to as children especially two of Chris’s brothers. As they were born only 11 months apart they did everything together!!!
    Fingers are crossed that the weather forecast is wrong but whatever you do I hope you all enjoy the day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    WOW-lots of beautiful cards on display today. I had great plans for this weeks challenge but I completely ran out of time (& Inspiration in the end)!

    Leisurely start to my Sunday-glorious sunshine but it’s chilly. Housework this morning then the dreaded gardening I think!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone,
    Great challenge cards this week ladies. Lovely, different shapes but all pretty.x

    Another lovely sunny day. So nice to walk Gracie Inthe sunshine. Off out for lunch later but a lazy day planned.

    Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.

    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and ideas ladies I am not surprised DANIELLE loves DO’s O found anpiece of card I’d die cut in a folder and thought to myself that’s pretty pink card Turned it over and I’d written “coloured with worn lipstick DO” I would never have achieved the even colour without DO
    At the moment we have glorious sunshine- I expect it will change Oscayis coming over today and stay overnight- can’t wait!
    Take care all
    PS Thank you for your lovely comments on Laurence yesterday I finished another one last night - Bradlee the grey squirrel Can you tell I’m a little bit addicted...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Palmer5 May 2019 at 11:59

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sorry café is late opening this morning, I overslept, it is now & roast chicken is slowly cooking in the oven so orders please, there is a fruit cake & chocolate sponge for afternoon tea.
    Sandra sounds as if you are having a lovely crafty time with Danni, enjoy it while you can.xxx
    A lovely lot of cards are on the boards, so many different designs well done ladies.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Count me in for chicken and cake Margaret.x

      Delete
  6. Hello Sandra & ladies
    I've just lost a comment it just disappeared as I was typing not sure how. So frustrating
    We haven't done much today but I have to cook my bulk spaghetti sauce in a mo. & put half leg of lamb in the oven for dinner.
    Wow a great display of gorgeous challenge cards this morning well done everyone.
    SANDRA GLAD You have had a lovely time at Dannii's are you home today or tomorrow. I've seen the pictures on FB Riley & Rose the distress oxide ones are very pritty. So are you going to buy some now Dannii.lol.
    Hope you All had a good day
    . Love & Hugs Lynda xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Pleased you are enjoying your time with Danni, what has she done with her girls and both your OH’s ? they are all very quiet. It was a forgone conclusion Danni would love your Oxides, I put of getting any when they first came out because I had so many ink pads, but wow what a discovery, they are the best thing since sliced bread!

    Margaret, yes please I would love a chicken dinner and a slice of your lovely fruit cake. Can’t see any dinner being requested here John is not feeling to good he is resting, as he has another attack of Ménière’s disease. At least this time he made it to the sofa. The last time he was like this he lay on the hall floor, I gave him a pillow and covered him over, he just couldn’t move. Usually after a few hours resting he will be able to get upstairs to bed and tomorrow he will be fine.

    Karen enjoy your time with Oscar when he comes for his sleepover, it’s one of the best things about being a grandma - having him all to yourself (Oh not forgetting grandpa of course )xx

    SORRY Ladies I’m waffling on and didn’t say your CC’s are gorgeous, so much inspiration on this blog every Sunday we are really spoilt, I always enjoy seeing what each and everyone of you has made. Think a BIG THANK YOU to Sandra is long overdue, she keeps coming up with new ideas each week and encourages us and keeps our MoJo active, thank you my lovely. xx

    Enjoy the long weekend everyone, love Brenda XXX


    ReplyDelete