Tuesday 21 May 2019

Pretty Floral Card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well ladies,  also want to sent special, gentle hugs to those of you that aren't feeling 100%.  I have missed seeing a few of you in the 'Cafe' my lovelies, please take care of yourselves and take it easy. xxx

After our visitors left late morning yesterday I was looking forward to getting in my craft room to have a play.  I had bought some flower dies from China many weeks ago and I wondered what they would look like die cut in Tissue Paper, so that was my first technique, I used white tissue paper and just die cut several layers at once and coloured individual layers with Calypso Coral ink. It was so much fun peeling apart the many layers of the tissue paper and adding the ink, I used a ball tool to add so shape to the flowers and I really scrunched them up, I popped some stamens through the centres of the flowers and set them to side.
For the main part of the card I took a white card base and added a piece of retired SU Designer Series Paper called Graceful Garden, this particular sheet has a subtle tone on tone pattern in Calypso Coral.
I used the leftover piece that Paper to make a narrow border down the left hand side of the card, I die cut a piece of white card with Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die, trimmed it to fit the border I had cut, I added foam pads to the lattice die cut to give so depth and interest to the border too.
I took the Sue Wilson Trailing Ivy die to add some foliage to the lattice work, which also created a place to add my Tissue Paper flowers.  I gave them a good scrunch before adding them to my card.
I wasn't sure what sentiment to go for, I then noticed Sue Wilson's 'Just ForYou' die,  it was on my magnetic board.  I die cut it in white and card and then created an Oval tag, using a Small Oval die and a matching Scalloped white layer at the back.  I trimmed the Oval Tag with a pretty Tulle Bow topped with a tiny die cut flower.
The flowers don't look as effective in the photo but they are really frilly and delicate in real life.
I hope you like my card Ladies xxx

A lovely relaxed day for me today, I hope that you have a lovely relaxed day too.

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a lovely card. I wouldn’t have thought of using white tissue paper & colouring it. You clearly had s good play in your craft room yesterday.

    My first day back at work wasn’t too bad or even too busy-I think they saved all the work for today!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA- what a pretty card and in a very eye catching colour too. I must have a go at using tissue paper.

    I made a start on my CC for this week yesterday but it will have to stay where it is today as it's K&N this afternoon so hoping to get back tomorrow.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting so pop in whenever you can.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends not 100%. Take care and have a good day.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies,

    Lovely way to use tissue for flowers Sandra. I have a bag of used tissue paper from presents so will certainly have a go in making some of these.

    Jamie came home yesterday from his holiday bring me 3 sticks of rock all which delicious sounding names. Ice cream, Mojito Cocktail & Mango Sour. A timetable has been set for next weekend to lick the garden into shape, mainly hedge trimming, grass cutting and general weeding plus measuring and planning the Zen elements for the small front garden. I've been padding pins to my Pinterest page for the gardens that I am interested in doing our version of.

    It's another bright day here and a bout of gentle weeding on the driveway and planting some containers will be enough for me to cope with today.

    Enjoy your day however you are spending it.
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    We have a lovely day today blue sky
    &lovely sunshine. Not up to much just. Have some ironing to do.
    Then have to go & pick a parcel it came yesterday while we out. So annoying


    .


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry pressed to soon
      SANDRA your card is gorgeous I love your flowers.
      Sending some Hug's for everyone & exta for those not 100% xx
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
  5. Hi All, another sunny day, if a little breezy.

    Sandra love your card, the flowers are fab, as will go through the post easily.

    Do any of you belong to creat &craft club, I paid up my £20 earlier this month, but when I went to use the £10 credit back you now have to spend £50 to use it, cancelled straight away, should get my money back as it’s with in 14 days, we will see. Sure this didn’t apply last year.

    Not doing much today, cleaners should be here any moment and then I have 7shirts to iron.

    Have a lovely day all, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your feeling better today Lilian.

      Delete
  6. Looking to see if I can get in today ladies. Love today’s card Sandra. Love all the cards shown at the weekend, and Karen’s card yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra I certainly love your card it really is so pretty and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous. It sounds as if you had great fun making them. XX
    We have a lovely bright day here The towels are on the line I should be dry soon so can bring them in and put them away. John has been busy cutting the lawn in the back garden and is now trimming the hedge at the front of the house, the downside is when he’s out the front people keep passing bye and stop for a chat, so the job takes twice as long.
    Hope everyone is feeling well but if you’re feeling under the weather I’m sending very caring hugs just for you
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone
    A very pretty card Sandra with sweet flowers and such a lovely colour used.
    Thank you ladies for thinking of us. Never know it was this much to do before a funeral/cremation, a lot of phone calls and e-mails in-between people. OH feeling the stress and there is also her flat to sell on. Unfortunately there is already two up for sell in the block so could take some time.
    Wish anyone poorly and achy a lot better with the weather getting warmer. Take care.
    Hugs to all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete