Saturday 25 May 2019

Mixed craft Saturday including Michele's Mag Review




Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and are starting to relax and enjoy the weekend, we certainly have, it's so nice having 'no' plans!

The first cards that I am sharing with you today are absolutely amazing, such a lovely selection, they are from a lovely lady called Toni Watson from our Facebook group, this month's swap project was to make 4/5 Different cards for any occasion.
The first photo shows four cards, a really pretty Art Deco themed card, a card with 2 cats that have been Stitched in Gold Thread, they are so sparkly, a stacked decoupage that has some cute owls on an Easel card, a finally a stunning Mixed Media card featuring many different layers, a mini postcard, beautiful bird on a branch decoupage both layered upon a pretty vintage pink doily, it is so amazing, I love it.  Toni also made me that little keyring that features my initial on a Scrabble tile.

The second photo is of the 5th card which is the prettiest Easel card, I couldn't quite capture the pretty foiled acetate that made up the top part of the easel card, it has that pretty topper with frame layered on it, the bottom is made with a beautiful floral card, embellished with a little sentiment stopper and some matching pearls.
Toni I was absolutely over the moon with your lovely selection of cards, I don't think I will be parting with any of them to be honest. XXX
Danielle
Danielle created some amazing 'watercolour' effect backgrounds with a set of 99p highlighter pens from Home Bargains!! I think she was surprised as we are that she got such fantastic results, I am guessing that it's similar to the 'Sharpie' technique but you only need water to blend them.
Danielle did a video sharing this technique, I will leave the link below...……






These are some of the projects that Danielle has made with her Design Team Dies and Stamps from 
'Inlovearts'  I will add the link to her video where she shares these projects and the link to the shop where you can purchase a good choice of dies, I bought some the other day, when you have made your order type in code 'FSDANIELLE' to get 15% off.

Thanks so much Danielle for allowing me to share your craft projects XXX






Michele's Magazine Review

Hi Ladies, 


Magazine Review time & it’s Papercraft Inspirations this week which has a different type of free gift this month-Washi tapes & stamps.







Here’s a few ideas featuring the free gifts.





There’s an interesting feature on Sliding cards which don’t look to difficult to make.





This months free papers(which need printing out from the downloads section of the magazines website so you get good quality printing)are great for Fathers Day or Male Birthday Cards. 


That’s all for now so Happy Crafting.

Michele 


Michele, thanks once again for a fantastic review, I am very keen on reading the feature on 'Sliding' cards, what a great feature, looks like there is lots of inspiration for the free gifts too.
As always Michele I am so grateful for the time you put into this feature every week XXX


Michele shared her most recent Ebay purchases too, all three of these dies cost less that £5, which is amazing value.  Thanks for sharing your bargains Michele XXX


Well ladies, another lovely selection of cards and crafts for you to look at today, I hope that you get a little inspiration.  

Have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs,

Sandra
xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    An interesting set of cards and projects with loads of inspiration on show today.

    MICHELE-Thank you for your usual Mag Review.I'll be popping into WHS this morning to have a look.

    BRENDA-I hope your Sister is improving. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    MARGARET- I am so sorry to read that you have been having intimate meetings with your floors and as a result had to have a stay in hospital. I'm sure Pops would have got down if you wanted anything lol. Now seriously Margaret please take care we are not of an age to aggravate our joints. I hope that you're OK now and that your appointment comes soon. I think of you every day.

    Off on our usual Saturday shopping and meeting Jim's Niece and her children for coffee and a catch up as we haven't seen them since we got back.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting and as usual Afternoon Tea this afternoon with a Ice Cream Cake today.
    HUGS are on their way to you all Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Toni & Danielle-great projects, really lovely.

    Sandra-I’ll send you the rest of the Sliding cards feature by email then you can decide if you want to try it.

    Few bits of shopping to do first thing plus collect a parcel then I’m off to the hairdressers. I also need to take a few bags to the charity shop which have been increasing in size!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning.
    Off in a minute to Colchester for the weekend but just had to say how nice all the cards are and thank Michele for her mag review.
    Also Margaret, please do take care !!! Many gentle hugs winging it's way to you xx
    Have good few days everyone, See you Monday evening again.
    Love and hugs to all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and projects from TONI (and welcome to the blog) and DANNII - I can’t see the link SANDRA to DANNII’s tutorial or the website

    Thank you MICHELE for the review My friend NICKI has a set of dies for slider cards which she showed me how to create- I must finish it

    Oh MARGARET I hope you’re OK You must take more water with it next time

    How is your sister BRENDA I hope she’s doing alright

    Enjoy your weekend MARIA

    After a bit of housework I hope to do some crafting I have six cards I must make!
    We’re at a picnic tomorrow afternoon which should be a lot of fun Daughter is teaching a fun rueda class
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hit the red writing under my comment on the technique my lovely, I just tested it and it takes you straight to demo, hope that helps xxx

      Delete
  5. Great shares today ladies. Were just enjoying our last few days before we go in holiday on Tuesday got some ironing to do but that's it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dannii have a fantastic Holiday & Chill. I bet the girls are getting excited. HUG'S XX

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Wow some lovely mixed up Saturday
    & another great magazine review Michele.
    DANNII love your makes & looking forward to seeing your videos.
    Just a quick one today as got Harry coming unfortunately he didn't want to stay while mum & dad went shopping. Sam said he has been very clingy the last couple of weeks even when dropping him at school. She asked teacher if anything has happened in school but she said he's fine ones shes left.
    Just got hear so pop in later.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Palmer25 May 2019 at 18:43

    Hi Sandra & all ladies,
    Danni love all your cards etc. Have a lovely holiday.xxx
    Michele thank you magazine review and your dies look useful.xx Sandra hope you have lovely weekend. Xxx
    Thank you all for best wishes.
    Brenda hope sister is OK, miss you hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all wwho need them particularly Lilian & Val love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret hope your OK after kissing the floor please look after yourself because the floor is very hard so you don't want to break any more bones.
      Sending lots of love & Hug's xxx

      Delete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    THANK YOU ladies for asking about my sister, the good news is she is out of hospital. When the ambulance was called She had stopped breathing, fortunately they arrived very quickly and she was soon breathing again, she is really blessed as I she has remained in the convent infirmary since her surgery, but is as free as a bird to come and go, she walked into Loughborough shops and market several times a week. In the infirmary they have a qualified nurse who was close by when she had the episode ! I can only say she certainly has someone watching over her.
    Life at the moment is quite demanding, we have all been there - just so many places we feel we need to be. Tomorrow Ciara is being confirmed so a big family party after, my sister was so excited as she was going to be with us, she is not allowed to travel just now. Also my friend Brenda (the head teacher) died she would have been 90 next week a big party was planned, sadly it’s her funeral we will be going to.
    Sandra Sorry I was missing yesterday also I haven’t managed a CC this week, hopefully next week I will join in.
    Have a good bank holiday weekend ladies.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda pleased your sister is out of Hospital & on the mend. Shame she can't go to Ciara confirmation hope you have a lovely time.
      Sorry to hear your friend has passed away. Love & Hugs on the way to you xx

      Delete