Monday 27 May 2019

Two of My Swap Cards from Lynda



Happy Birthday Maria


Good Morning Ladies,

Please join me in wishing Our Sweet Maria a Very Happy Birthday, I hope that you have a lovely day with your family, with lots of cake, chocolate and everything that you enjoy. XXXX

I hope that you are all enjoying your long weekend, ours seems to be whizzing by, it's been very relaxed though.  Although we had a frustrating afternoon out yesterday.  We decided to go for a ride out to a place called Studley Grange Craft Centre & Garden Centre, Paul wanted a Cucumber plant and I am never going to turn down a trip to a Craft Centre, well let's just say disappointed doesn't come close, I'm glad it was only 18 miles.  We arrived and went straight to the 'Craft Village' , I was a little bit excited, well who wouldn't on their way into a whole 'village' of crafts??!!
We walked into a very 'tired' looking ramshackled building, there was a manky looking CafΓ© as you walked in (you know the type)!  There was a large childrens soft play centre in the middle of the 'village' to keep the little ones entertained while you shopped and crafted I guess.
The first shop was closed down, the second was 'closing' down! There was a sweet shop, selling childrens pocket money sweet pick n mix bags, a place that made hand/feet sculptures, a place that was closed that had some baby clothes hanging in it, a Lego shop and childrens toy shop, a chocolate shop, the nearest thing to craft was a quilting shop that had a class going on.  There was a Paper craft shop on the website and on the map, but it wasn't there, apparently it hadn't been there for months. we left, feeling cheated and very frustrated and went to the Garden centre to find Paul's cucumber plant, they had a nice selection but wanted £6.50 for one cucumber plant, Paul's eyes just about popped out of his head! Needless to say we left it where it was and went back to the car!  Bit of a waste of time but as always we did manage to laugh about the whole experience.

Today's cards are two of the cards that Lynda sent me as we are Swap Partners for this month's 'Card Swap' over on our FB group, they are absolutely fantastic, the first card is a Heartfelt Creations card, made with a Heartfelt Creations Paper pad and matching die set, I have always fancied buying one of the collections but they are quite expensive, I can see why though as the papers feel really good quality.
Lynda's second card is so super sparkly, I think that Lynda has covered a Clarity background paper with glitter which softens the colours and adds an amazing sparkle, then Lynda has die cut one of China dies in white card and laid it over the glitter card, finishing with a frame made from the same Clarity Paper as the background and 2 John Lockwood Dragonflies.
Thank you so much Lynda for an amazing swap, your cards are fantastic my lovely XXX

Thats all for today ladies, I hope that you all enjoy your day,

Brenda I hope that Kiara had a lovely day yesterday, I am sure you are up for some relaxation today, I do hope that Anne is on the mend, she will be sad that she missed Kiara's special day but it couldn't be helped, she was in the best place, sending hugs xxx

Val, I hope that you are ok, we have really missed you my lovely, sending hugs xxx

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx



12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    We have another very dull and cold start here but at least it's fine. Usual Bank Holiday monday I suppose.

    MARIA- a VERY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Have a lovely day and I hope you will be spoilt just as you deserve.

    We had a lovely afternoon for Isobel's party. It's always lovely to see all Children/Grandchildren/great grandchildren together. Time is flying far too quickly though.

    The CAFE is OPEN even though it is a Bank Holiday.There's a coffee cake and muffins waiting to be eaten so pop in when you can.
    Have a good day whatever you all have planned. Mine will be spent recovering from yesterday. HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Happy birthday Maria.

    Sandra-your Cards from lynda are beautiful, both really lovely. Shame your trip out was such a disappointment.
    A local garden centre has just been taken over by the lady that owns Card-io stamps and she’s running classes/workshops so I’m keen to go and see the place.

    We have gusting winds here today but it’s not raining(at the moment). Hubby wants us to do some work in the garden-I don’t think we’ll be our for long.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards from LYNDA and I hope you had a better night and are in less pain now LYNDA Will you be going out for your lunch today?
    Yesterday was such good fun When we first arrived we thought it was going to be a disaster as there was hardly anyone there But it soon filled up
    As OH is working I am going to treat myself and relax with some crafting
    A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ’πŸ’HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA πŸ’πŸ’ Wishing you a great day with lots of πŸŽ‚ and other treats all guilt free as it’s your special day. Sending big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    Lynda your cards are beautiful, no surprise that Sandra is delighted with them. I hope you managed to get some decent sleep last night. Sending hugs to you and CU xx
    Sandra, what a shame your trip out yesterday was such a waste of time. I think Mum and I visited it when I started crafting and the only craft shop was rather tired and mostly old stock so we haven’t even bothered to visit again. Our area is crying out for a good papercraft shop isn’t it. I wish someone could open one as it would be a roaring success wouldn’t it! Xx
    Mum, hope you’re ok. Love you xx
    Karen I’m glad you all enjoyed the dancing yesterday in the end x
    We have got all of the grands today so not much peace πŸ˜‰ Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of hugs Maria on you birthday.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Maria, I wish for you to have a special day filled with love laughter and pressies.

    I have family coming to stay this week so today am clearing out loads of clutter for CLIC. I had an end of year statement from then to say they collected £294.09 and reclaimed an additional £73.53 in Gift Aid from selling my goods that I donated. WOW! fantastic amount for one year.
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    I

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret Palmer27 May 2019 at 10:57

    Hi Sandra & all the in cafe,
    Maria wishing a very happy birthday love & hugs from Margaret & Pop xxx
    Sandra sorry you were disappointed yesterday I agree with you waste of time. The cc were all lovely yesterday.xxx
    Lynda's your cards today are stunning, well done, hope you are feeling easier.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Maria wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I hope you get throughly spoilt.
    Lovely lovely cards from Lynda today.
    I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have a very good outing yesterday Sandra. A huge price for a cucumber plant in the plant shop. I thought Pete’s mate Pat might have bought me one and a tomato plant as he usually gave Pete one or two. A bit late now but I expect I need to go and buy one as well.
    Hugs for everyone whose not feeling very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra & ladies
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA hope you have a super birthday & spoilt all day. XxπŸŽ‚πŸ§πŸ¬πŸ­πŸΎπŸΈπŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ¨Xxxxx
    Thank you for all your nice comment on my two cards xx
    Glad you liked them Sandra sorry they were ones I had already made befor.
    Sorry your trip to the garden centre was a bad disappointment. It's such a shame. Our garden centre used to have a brilliant craft shop but they closed it down.
    We are just going out down Broadstairs to see if anything is going on
    Hope you all have a good day
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve had quite a good day craft wise I have managed to make 3 cards and as it’s daylight I have started 4 crochet paws in black - can’t see black in the evening

    I was sorry to read that your trip was disappointing SANDRA I wish we had a craft shop in our town Although The Works has just opened but the craft section is tiny I think most of us buy online these days but it’s nice to have a browse and stroke a few paper pads
    Enjoy your evening ladies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone and a huge thank you for my birthday wishes and cards that have come in. They are all wonderful and will be sitting up for at least a week. Lol
    Had a great weekend in Colchester and yes the healthy eating went a bit wrong and tonight Son is giving me a Indien, will be interesting on the scales tomorrow. Did have a walk to Dobbies tho this afternoon so....
    Lynda- your cards for Sandra are gorgeous, very nice.
    Love all the challenge cards ! Glad to see so many even if the mojo seem to be gone for some of us.
    Good to see you back Sue, hope mamma is alright after her fall.
    Brenda- hope your sister be ok and Michele, FIL gets better soon. We got the funeral on Thursday.
    Dinner is here so best go for today. Sending love and many hugs to you all. Have a lovely evening, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete