Sunday 24 March 2024

Your Challenge cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well what an exciting weekend this had turned out to be !!! 

We were woken at 5am yesterday morning to a call from a very excited Becca .....


Adam got down on one knee and proposed!!  Becca was totally in shock when she called and very teary too!  She absolutely adores the ring that Adam had made for her, its a beautiful pale green Emerald set in platinum.  We couldn’t be happier for them both. 

Let's have a look at your 'Sketch Challenge' cards: 


Your Sketch Challenge cards

Janet

Janet's Description:

Here is  my card for this week. Once again I have used STAMPERIA papers and die cuts with additional additions.

The set for this card is named 'Coffee and Chocolate'

I have used this set to make a Retirement card for one of my work colleagues/Friends.

Oh Janet what a lovely card, I am so pleased that you made it to Knit & Natter, it will do you the world of good getting out and seeing your friends. 

Those Stamperia papers are gorgeous,  so many layers of detail, giving you so much to look at. Your lovely design allows the papers to be fully appreciated.  Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge my lovely XXX 


Karen 



Karen's Description:

Card 1:  I Challenged Karen to make a 'Tracy Evans ' style card, this is what she came up with, using the Aall&Create In the Meadows stamp set, I was expected it to take a few days but no Karen came back with her card within a couple of hours!!  
My card is the first card with Clematis on. 



Card 2:  

The square is too big but I think it works
SW - NOEL cut in brown and scratched gold mirri (I’d marked it with glue and the scratching has disguised it!
Patterned paper from The Range or The Works

Your cards are both lovely Karen,  I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Fractured card Challenge,  luckily it worked perfectly for this weeks challenge.  Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge Karen XXX 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hi, here is my card this week, not as good as yours, should have put the square in the middle. Have daughter coming for the weekend, so that should be lovely. Hope you have a good weekend .

I love these papers Lilian,  they remind me of Harry Potter!   You have created a percect Fractured card my lovely.   Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX

Maria






Maria's Description:


I wanted to make a cracked card, ended up with doing two 😊 they were fun to do. Thanks for sharing how to make them.
The third card I followed the challenge/ template. Used some old dies, not sure where they came from, flowers are by Spellbinders 
Hope your day is good. 

Oh Maria your Fractured cards are both perfect, I love the papers you used especially the bird one, its beautiful.  I love the vintage look of the floral one too. 
You have made the actual sketch card perfectly Maria, using pretty die cut flowers too, that border you have used is so delicate and lacy, creating a beautiful background for those flowers. 
I am so grateful that you took part in the Challenge my lovely,  thank you XXX 


Sonia 



Sonia's Description:

Card 1 :  This is the one I started at yours on Tuesday ☺️ Sorry, I don’t know the brand of papers I’ve had them so long! The die cut flower is Gummiapan and sentiment from The Stamp Market

Card 2:  Using same set of papers, larger flower and sentiment. I literally copied the sketch exactly ☺️

I love how your Fractured card turned out, those papers are lovely, the glitter doesn't really show im photographs but it really lifts the design.  

Your send card is equally as lovely,  its so nice to see you using papers from your stash too, we often forget how lovely some of these older paper pads are, I have had some for 10 years, like yours they haven't dated at all.   The trouble with that is that it works with Paul's hoarder theory, if you keep something long enough it comes back into fashion!!! 🤣😂

Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 


********************

Ooh I hope that today is a quieter one,  after announcing Becca & Adams engagement I was pretty much answering messages all day, not that I'm complaining of course, my typing finger was exhausted though 🤣😂

I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    What wonderful news to hear. Please give Becca and Adam my congratulations. This is the icing on the cake on this fabulous holiday 🥰
    I fell asleep while typing yesterday’s comment but I’ve never seen the technique before so thank you for the tutorial. Will try it out as I love the look. I can imagine your frustration when you realised that you didn’t take photos of each stage though 😏 we all appreciate you making a second card though xx
    It’s great to see so many different fractures card among the challenge cards today. Sunday here have so much inspiration to finish off the week 😊 xx
    Have a good day everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an exciting day! So so pleased for them
    Everyone’s cards are amazing I love the fractured cards too I will definitely use that layout again (and again!)
    We do not have any plans for today I hope to craft at some point
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Congratulations to Becca and Adam, such wonderful news 😊
    I love everyone’s cards today - and it’s great to see the fractured technique being used on so many ☺️
    We had a quiet day yesterday and another one today…..although I feel guilty that I should be doing something, it’s actually nice to just be able to sit and relax!
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Congratulations again to Rebecca and Adam. Lovely news for you all and a wonderful holiday for them all.
    Love all the cards. The fracture cards were fun to do so definitively will use it again. Love the papers that our Janet , hope you are alright, and Lilian have used. Lilian , hope you have a nice weekend.
    Sue, hope you feeling better and Karen, hopefully your cough is getting better .
    We are having a gardener coming in April but as the sun was out again today I went out and tidied up around the patio and some pots that needed to be emptied. Now going to sit the rest of the afternoon and do absolutely nothing 😉😊
    Hugs are being sent to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, gosh it’s gone really cold again , the wind is really biting.
    R managed to cut the grass this afternoon, as it’s rain forecast for the rest of the week.

    Congratulations to the lucky couple, hope Becca and Adam will have many happy years together.

    All of today’s cards are great, and all so different. Thanks for yesterday card and the instructions, think it may be a bit challenging for me.

    Family have gone home now, really miss them, takes a day or two to get used to the quiet.
    I’ll say goodnight now, sleep well, Lilian

    ReplyDelete