Saturday 2 March 2024

Mixed up Saturday



 Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

From a wet and cold Gloucestershire 🙄, doesn't the weather realise that March is a busy month for gardeners??? We have a totally free weekend,  a list of garden jobs from cutting back Buddleia bushes x 3 to sowing more seeds, we also took delivery of 30 pallet collars, which we are using to make raised beds for growing vegetables, they need treating with wood preserver before we use them but we need a dry day to treat them!!  Thats just the tip of the iceberg!!  

Speaking of the garden,  Mother nature clearly knew it was March 1st yesterday as I have been going out into the garden every day to check to see if my Daffodils have opened........






On Thursday they were just about to burst open, I was delighted when I went out yesterday morning after a night of wild stormy winds and heavy rain so many of them had opened.  Ours are a good week or so behind others Ive seen around us, not sure whether its because our garden is a lot lower down than most around us.  I am so excited to see the garden starting to wake up 😁

Water Based Glue Review

Part One

I have quite the collection of Water Based Glues, so I thought I would try them out in different ways to compare them.  I think we all have our favourite glue that we reach for daily,  I have tried different ones over the years and find myself returning to the same one. 

I tend to use Aleene's Tacky Glue as my go to, I did recently buy the popular 'Bearly Arts Glue that has a really fine tip for adhering sentiments together and anything that requires a fine line of glue. 

These are the 6 I tested:

Bearly Art Glue


IndigoBlu Grab & Go


Aleene's Tacky Glue


Pink Frog Glue

Cosmic Shimmer 


Art Glitter Glue

These are all Water based glues. 

I first tested how fine a line I could get:


Bearly Art



IndigoBlu Grab & Go


Aleene's Tacky 



Pink Frog


Cosmic Shimmer 


Art Glitter

They were all similar, with the exception of IndigoBlu, it doesn't have a fine tip and it is a much wetter glue. The Pink Frog seems wetter too.
I will say that the Art Glitter glue is a nightmare for keeping the nozzle flowing freely. 

Next I wanted to adhere two pieces of card together to see if the card buckles or you could see where the glue was under the card. It was hard to capture the difference:


I can see where I put the glue under the white layer with the Bearly Art glue, so this wouldn't work for Clean & Simple type cards in my opinion.  

IndigoBlu 

Now you can see clearly that the card buckled slightly with the IndigoBlu glue, I could see it on the black card at the back too.  


Aleene's Tacky 

Aleene's was much better but I could see a slight line in a couple of places.  


Pink Frog did really well, which surprised me as it was a wetter glue. I can't really see any lines.


Cosmic Shimmer,  Now I stopped using CS glue asxI found that it seemed to have a higher water content at some point, but as you can see here you can't see it between two pieces of card. 


Art Glitter Glue,  a wetter consistency glue, you can see where I put it on the white card.  

I did my best to use the same amount of glue on each example for fairness. 

The last category of Part 1 of the Glue review is the 'Dries Clear' quality 






They all faired quite well with the 'Dries Clear' test, however the IndigoBlu and the Aleene's had a white tinge to it, I ran my fingers over to check that they were all totally dry, which the were. 

Results are mixed, I think that we will all still use our favourite glues, I may use different glues for different things more.  
I will try these glues in a few more ways and continue with a part 2 

Let me know if there is any other ways you would like me to test them. 

*******************
I hope that you all have a Super Saturday, 

I hope you all stay warm & dry,

Love & hugs to you all,

Sandra
xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. Today’s saying is so true of me I don’t think I shed many tears but there’s usually a lot of frustration
    Thank you so much for the in-depth review It is interesting to see the results you got too Like you say we all have our go to ones - mine being CS
    We are looking after the boys tonight Not sure if at theirs or ours yet
    I hope this miserable weather improves soon At least we don’t have much to do on the garden But the shed and summer house need painting with preservative
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say - test for “grab” and wiggle room please

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    Yep, I can relate to the quote! 🤣
    Your daffodils look lovely, adds some colour to this miserable weather ☺️
    Thank you for the glue comparison. I always used Cosmic Shimmer but have switched to Hobbycraft own brand. It’s pretty good although not a very fine nozzle, but I like the fact it doesn’t clog up unlike Cosmic Shimmer.
    Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Karen, enjoy looking after the boys ☺️
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Great quote isn't 😂 maybe not many tears but close to it.
    Interesting comparison with the glues. I still using cosmic shimmer mostly but also the dubble sided tapes. Have found tho that they dry up after time so cards falling apart 😔
    OH is at football so my plans was to make a anniversary card but didn't have a very good night so fell a sleep on the sofa.🤭 Will try to make some crafting now while he's still out.
    Karen, have fun looking after the boys .
    Sonia, hope work is alright.
    Lilian, take it easy. Hopefully your new meds. can help a bit.
    Brenda, good to see you. Hope you are alright ?
    Hoping you all have a good day, many hugs to you all from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Great quote- definitely all true for me! How lovely to see your daffy bursting out now, it’s such a boost to see them 🥰
    Thanks for a great glue comparison. I used to be a cs fan but it definitely got too watery at one point so I switched over to Aleene tacky glue which I put into a fine tip bottle for using on the finer details. How well it can be removed with the glue eraser would be good to know if possible also wiggle time. I really appreciate you doing these tests for us all my lovely xx
    I hope everyone is keeping as well as possible. I’m feeling a bit better now after a rubbish week.
    Sending hugs to you all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Great quote, I think we all can relate to it. Ha Ha.
    What a lovely tour around your garden, it must be lovely walking around not knowing what you will discover, thank you for sharing.
    Had a day doing ‘stuff’ on the internet for OH …. He doesn’t do computers but knows what he wants …..Grrrr. I think it’s a cop out, but hay ho he does so much for me….. for better or worse xxx
    Hope you have enjoyed your Saturday and looking forward to a restful Sunday. X
    Take care, Big Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, another day of sunshine and showers.
    Not had my new meds delivered yet the Dr sent them through on the 19th, can’t get through on the phone, they are too busy.
    So another bad day again today.sandra I bet your garden will look lovely when all your bulbs open.
    Good night all. Lilian

    ReplyDelete