Wednesday 27 March 2024

An embossed Sketch Challenge card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

Why does the weather tease us with a bit of lovely sunshine and then take it away and leave us with wind & rain, we are blessed with a beautiful white cherry blossom (i think) outside my craft room window, it smells beautiful but rather than being able to be our there enjoying it or even having my craftroom window open to enjoy the fragrance as the wind is too strong and its raining too, the poor tree is getting battered, the other sad thing is that on Sunday it was a haven for bees, they were loving it, but the weather has stopped their fun too.

Enough of the weather, let's talk about today's card, I got the inspiration for this card from Pinterest,  I saw a few versions of the same card. A lady called Mary, another called Julie,  I have no idea who was the original designer though.  

I used my Altenew Daisy 3D embossing folder to emboss a piece of white card, I cut this down down to about 2 1/2 inch, I then die cut a gold mat to put behind the embossing piece, I tried to pick a gold that was similar to my gilding wax, so that everything worked well together,  I laid the embossed piece onto my card base so that I could position sentiment, getting it centred before sticking anything down.  I stamped and embossed the 'thank you' with Gold Embossing powder, then adhered the embossed piece above it, I added some white thread and a gold long stem heart and a branch die cut to embellish the piece and finished it with a bow. I matted the whole piece onto a white card base.  I really like how the whole piece turned out. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

 Sandra                                                                     xxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I absolutely love your card today, the embossing folder is beautiful ๐Ÿ˜
    My car has just been collected for its service and MOT, fingers crossed nothing major needs doing!
    Back to work tomorrow, so I’m having an easy day today
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card
    It is lovely and sunny here but very windy and rain is forecast later
    We’re going out for lunch with my sister in law and husband We’re trying to make it a monthly thing - although we do meet up in between
    At the moment I am at the hospital and hoping to get my new insulin pump ๐Ÿคž
    I hope Becca’s bite is improving and not giving her too much problems
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card Sandra. I love the simplicity of it and it's not always an easy thing to do.
    I hope you all have had a good day as possible with the blue sky and sunshine. The wind is cold but hopefully we are going towards nicer and warmer days .
    We went to IKEA this morning and had a coffee and a bacon butty. Had to go back home after for we had a delivery of a new hoover, the other one was no good anymore. Only about seven years old, they don't make things to last forever do they.... Made a card and a bit of crystal work this afternoon and now it's time to cook the dinner so best get a wiggle on ๐Ÿค—
    Sending many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening everyone, what weather really heavy hail and sleet. Very cold 3 deg this morning.

    Sandra your card is fabulous, I love the white and the gold, the simplicity is a winning look.

    Not done a single thing today, the dentist completely wiped me out.
    Hoping tomorrow will be better, and I can get some crafting done.

    Sandra hope tomorrow goes well at the hospital. Will be thinking of you.. hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I love today’s card. It is simply gorgeous. I thought the ef was actually a die cut to start with as it is so crisp and deep. You always manage to find just the right piece of ribbon/twine to finish your cards off perfectly. It is a shame that the blossom is getting blown off of the trees so early because the wind bursts are so strong sometimes. Hope all goes well tomorrow my lovely xx
    Maria what hoover did you buy? I hope it works well. They don’t last very long now do they๐Ÿ˜Ÿxx
    Another day of not doing much except sleep. I hope that it is third time lucky tomorrow to actually speak to my GP ๐Ÿคž
    Sleep well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Today’s card is fabulous, I just love everything about it. Just proves the saying more is less.
    Haven’t done much today, did a few jobs around the house this morning then we had lunch after that I rested and went to sleep, my mojo seems to have gone on holiday, I walk into my craft room move a few bits around but the inspiration doesn’t come, just hoping it will return soon.
    Hope you have all had a good day.
    Take care and stay safe, Hugs Brenda xxx


    ReplyDelete