Thursday 21 March 2024

A special Birthday card

 





Good Morning Ladies, 

How is it Thursday already?? This week has flown, probably because we have had something on every day, yesterday we went to collect my new wheelchair, it's very smart, it's a lighter version of my current wheelchair, its very comfortable too, with it being lighter it will be easier for the girls to lift in and out of their cars.  Cheltenham was so busy though, it took us ages to drive through, we cancelled last weeks appointment because the Horse Racing (Cheltenham Gold Cup) was on. 
However we don't have to go there again, unless there is a problem. 

I made today's card yesterday, It's Paul's Mum's Birthday on Monday so with the post being so slow we wanted to get it in the post.                                     
I used my Dainty Flowers papers as I thought they were really pretty, I die cut the 'MUM' letters from the paper and twice from the Rich Razzleberry card that coordinates with the papers perfectly, I layered them together for some dimension, I layered the Rich Razzleberry card on the white card base and topped that with the Dainty Flowers paper, I added foam pads to the back of my die cut letters and placed them back in the apertures from which I die cut them. I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink and die cut it, added a layer of the darker card behind the sentiment to lift it off of the background.  I added a lightly patterned card insert to finish the card. 

I hope that you all have a good day,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card, the papers are so pretty 😍 Pauls Mum will love it too ☺️
    Glad you got your new wheelchair and happy it’s ok.
    This week is going very quickly - mind you, it always does when I’m off work!
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love your card It is beautiful and the eclipse style personalises it too
    I am so pleased and relieved that your new wheelchair fits the bill What a relief for you I bet the girls can’t wait to take you out!
    You are right This week is flying by I cannot believe that next week is practically the end of March At least it’s now SPRING officially Today looks very sunny and hopefully it’ll be a bit warmer too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    A gorgeous card for Paul's mum, she will love it.
    Nice that Sonia could come over to yours for some crafting the other day. Yes this week is really flying, the outside of our house is now done and today and tomorrow we are having new windows in so more banging going on. It's a bit nippy to have the door open and no windows but the sun trying to come out.
    Glad you got the new wheelchair Sandra and that you are happy with it. Will be easier to get around and if the girls can lift in into their cars, they will take you out shopping soon enough.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening All, another dry day, two in a row. Lets up spring is on the way.

    Sandra love your card for your mother in law. You really are so great at doing difficult cards.

    Finished my card for this week, not as good as Sandra’s but best I could do.
    We have our daughter and son in law coming for the weekend. Fridge full of food, R says it’s twice as much as we need, I can always freeze what’s left.
    Had more blood tests again today, hope they can sort out why my back is so bad.

    I not sure what happened to my comment yesterday, feel sure I pressed publish, but I’m so careless these days, sorry .

    Hope you all have a great weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete