Tuesday 12 March 2024

A beautiful Mother's Day card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a much brighter day yesterday, not as sunny as it has been or as warm either but it was nice to have a glimpse of the sun.  I was waiting on a delivery of some 7 5cm pots for seeds as we have used all of ours,  we are going to have another attempt at growing sweetcorn,  we didn't have much success growing it at manor lodge, the soil wasn't great though,  so fingers crossed with our raised beds we will have more success!!  I can't wait to share our growing journey with you! 

Today I am sharing the lovely Mother's day card that Lucy made for me.  It's her first Cricut card (we bought her her own Cricut for Christmas and she has loved creating with it, she has customised Mugs, T shirts, Trainers & wall art as well as today's card.  

I love how she has used the negative die cut pieces as well as the positive to create the design.  How neat are those letters too, lining those up must have taken ages.  




Not only did she design the card, she made a fun envelope,  gift wrap too, she chose a lovely decorative paper and found card that matched perfectly,  she did a fancy fold that used velcro as a closure.  

Being a crafter it feels extra special as you know how much work goes into creating every element,  she learnt how valuable a teflon/bone folder can be to reinforce and sharpen folds and creases and what a bonus a fine tip glue bottle can be.  It feels so lovely being able to pass those tips on. 

Thank you so much Lucy, I absolutely love my card and envelope 😍🤩

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love & hugs,

Sandra xxx




6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card and envelope from Lucy, they’re beautiful 😍 I know you will treasure them ☺️
    Woken up to more rain! I hope it doesn’t last all day.
    I'm off to see Mollie and Teddy this morning 😊
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lucy! What a beautiful card I know you will treasure it Sandra
    The weather is really miserable isn’t it
    It’s so dull I feel I cannot craft because the light is so dismal
    Anyway Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lucy, a lovely mother's day card. Well done. Enjoy making a lot of crafting on your cricut 😊
    Sonia, hope you had a good day. I felt the same when Son moved in the end. Even had a little cry. Now I know how my parents felt when I moved.
    Brenda, please take care. Really hope they can help you with this awful cough asap bless you.
    Sue, hope you are feeling better.
    Lilian, hopefully by stopping the meds you will soon feel better. Do keep us updated.
    Time has flown by and I'm on my way back home tomorrow. Can't wait to see OH 😉🤗
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, another day of rain, poor tumble dryer is working his socks off.
    Sorry I missed yesterday, wasn’t feeling too good.
    Loved yesterdays card and todays, clever girls.
    I seem to have lost my mojo, can’t seem to concentrate on anything, so not much getting done.
    Hope you all had a good day, can’t wait for some bright summer weather. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    WOW Lucy you have really mastered your Cricut machine. Love the Mothers Day card you made for Sandra, it goes without saying she is bowled over with it and what mum wouldn’t be. 👏❤️ xxx
    Another very wet day today, it did stop raining late afternoon, I think we will have webbed feet if we get much more rain. At this rate we will need boats not cars!
    Hope you are all well, take care, Big Hugs Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a gorgeous card Lucy made you. And with a fabulous envelope. I’ve never seen this style before but will definitely have a go at it. As you said you know how much work has gone into them both so you appreciate them even more. Let’s hope the weather improves so you can get outside to pot up more plants my lovely xx
    Sonia, I bet you enjoyed seeing Teddy and Mollie xx
    Maria, I hope you have a good journey home xx
    Karen, how is Oscar getting on at his school? I bet he is loving it xx
    Brenda, sending gentle hugs and wishing your cough better xx
    Lilian, hopefully you will feel up to crafting more once the statins are out of your system xx
    Janet, let’s hope you can get to knit and natter soon xx
    I wish I could get some energy to craft, or to do anything much. Some lovely sunshine would definitely help too I’m sure! Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete