Wednesday 6 March 2024

Spring theme Double Journal Page

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

Another beautiful sunny day yesterday,  Lucy and I popped into Swindon,  she was going to get Brake fluid for Sophie's car as Soph's brake warning light was worrying her, luckily Halfords is next to The Range, so we got to do some fun shopping too, not that I bought much, I got some pansies and primulas to go in some wall mounted troughes at the front of the house, the really brighten the front up, so was worth the effort, didn't get much else, I don't even bother with their craft department these days, since they moved it to the 2nd floor after Iceland became part of the store the craft department went really downhill.  The sun was still so warm when we got back that I planted the flowers out straight away.   Then I sat down and was in no hurry to get up again.  Thankfully the planters are all waist high or slightly above so no bending. 

I really enjoyed making the double page journal spread that I am sharing with you today.  

The background started with an Alcohol ink on Gelli plate background....


This is exactly the same background,  alcohol inks through a heart stencil, the heart detail was created with the Tracy Evans Falling Blossom stamp.  I am absolutely obsessed with how lovely and vibrant the background turned out, I can't wait to experiment with different colours.   The theme of the background is Spring, hence the daffodils and tulips, it works perfectly for this weeks TICTACTOE too, using Categories:  stencil / Stamping/  Birds or flowers!  (That's a straight line too).

I hope that you all have a great Wednesday, 

Love and hugs,

Sandra xxx



6 comments:

  1. I love your backgrounds It’s lovely to “fall in love” with a technique I hope to “play” this morning as we’re on standby to pick Charlie up from pre-school
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your journal pages. The background is gorgeous 😍
    Nice that you were able to get some plants from The Range. I agree with you about their craft department. I had a look before Christmas and was very disappointed!
    Another lovely sunny day here, although very foggy this morning.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous journal pages. Absolutely love the lovely colours you have got together.
    We have a big Range here in MK but like yours the crafting department has shrunk so yes, disappointing all around.
    Went with OH to hospital this morning and thought of doing some crafting this afternoon but after a bad night I had a nap and the day went away for me so maybe tomorrow.
    Hope you had a good day everyone. Big hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Bright and cheerful pages to enjoy today. I’ve never used a gel plate but love what you have done with yours. Glad you got some plants at the range and got them planted too. I hope to see them tomorrow 🤞xx
    Sending hugs to all in need of some extra. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening all, sorry I missed yesterday. Been feeling a bit rough.

    Love today’s card, have not done any crafting for a few days.
    I have been given a whole new tablets, and they seem to make every bone in my body ache.
    Hope you all manage a good night, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love your journal pages, I haven’t really used gel plates although I have some somewhere, bought some at a craft fair….. can’t remember when. Something else on the to do list!
    I thought our local Range was the only store not very well stocked with craft goods but it sounds as though it’s the same everywhere, that’s so disappointing.
    Take care everyone, sleep well, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete