Tuesday 19 March 2024

Fractured Card Landscape

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

Well we are one busy day down, we dropped Becca & Adam off at Heathrow, they were flying to Muscat and then from Muscat to Sri Lanka, I think it was 11 hours in total, I am crossing everything that Becca's knees and elbow don't swell like they did last time 🤞 this is another busy holiday like it was when they  went ti Bali last year,  this time they aren't taking taxis,  they have hired TukTuk's for the whole holiday,  they are travelling 4 hours some days!!! I am worried sick. 😔

I made another 'Fractured' card, this time I changed the layout to landscape rather than portrait.


I got my bits together, card base  a piece of patterned paper matted onto a black mat, 4 x 1/4 strips that I added a tiny edge of black to, so that it ties on with black mat. My focal piece and a white square 2 x 2 inch 


I added my patterned paper & black mat to my card base.


Then I decided where my focal point was going to be and adhered my white square.

I added my first strip, making sure it lined up with the corner of the white square 


I took the next strip and did the same, butting right up to corner and the last strip.


Here are all of them adhered into place.

Turn card over and trim from the back.  You are now ready to add your focal piece, this time I popped the butterfly onto foam squares.


Here is the finished card with focal point piece and sentiment.  

I can't wait to see if you all have a go?!

I am hoping to see a lovely friend today, nothing better than crafting with a friend  

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card and the tutorial is fabulous, thank you for sharing 😍 I will definitely be having a go 🙂
    Glad you got Becca and Adam to the airport ok. Try not to worry 🥰
    Karen, I hope you had a great evening in London.
    Thank you Maria, the move went well. I’m off down there tomorrow for a visit and to take a few more of James’s things ☺️
    I’m looking forward to seeing you today Sandra, for a good catch up and some crafting ☺️ See you later xxx
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A fabulous card Sandra. Love the paper you have used.
    Try not to worry about Rebecca and Adam. Sure they will have a wonderful time and they will have a lot to tell you about when back home.
    Have fun crafting together today with our Sonia 😀
    We are having work done on the outside of the house for the next two days, it's banging away right now like nothing else . I will do some crafting later.
    Have a nice day everyone, take care. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and again thank you for the tutorial
    Please try not to worry Both Becca and Adam are sensible She’s not on her own
    Have a lovely time catching up with Sonia and maybe sort out a Watford date The Who were brilliant Considering Roger Daltry is 80 he hasn’t lost it - not like some of the stars his age! His dodgy plastic surgery is beginning to show though 🤣
    After all of the walking yesterday I am definitely having a Nanna nap this afternoon Out dancing tonight
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I’m sure you have had a great day crafting and chatting with Sonia, you are both going to sleep well tonight. I have been thinking of you and remembering the lovely times we have had when we met up at Watford. Sonia enjoy your day tomorrow with Teddy Blue not forgetting James and Mollie, drive carefully xx
    Sandra I love today’s card, at first glance it looks very complicated, your description is so helpful and makes it seem achievable…… fingers crossed 🤔
    Don’t worry about Becca and Adam they will be on their guard and looking out for each other. I hope her knees and elbows don’t swell up this time. If she sits well back on her seat in the plane so the back of her knees are supported she should be fine, Not sure about the TukTuk though, think they are designed to get you from A to B not comfort!! Suggest, when she can she puts her feet up. They are going to have some lovely stories to tell you on their return.
    TRY not to worry about them xxx
    Take care everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, sorry I missed yesterday, my memory is dreadful these days.
    Sonia loved your tic tac toe card.
    Sandra love today’s card, you make it look simple, hoping to have a go tomorrow. Very pretty paper you have used today.
    I’m sure Becca and Adam will have a lovely time, but I understand your anxiety.
    Have a good evening all, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete