Sunday 25 September 2022

Your Cards for Sonia's Christmas Challenge

 







Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I am really looking forward to today, it feels like I haven't been to a Craft Show in ages, it also feels like we haven't had a meet up in ages too, we must discuss a Watford meet up while we sit and eat lunch too.  

We had a busy day in the garden yesterday, we got a lot of pruning back done,  weeding etc, so much to do in Autumn. 

Let's have a look at your Christmas Challenge cards,  suggested by Sonia. ..

Sonia's Christmas Card Challenge 

Sonia



Sonia's Description:

I’ve used Chloe’s star background die on both, cut in half, and backed with glitter card. The silver card uses one of the Christmas Roses from Chloe’s, and the gold card uses Spellbinders reindeer. The rectangle frame is from a Sue Wilson set. The sentiment and die are also Chloe’s.

Two amazing Christmas cards Sonia, I really love that Star background die,  it's so effective and works perfectly with the Christmas Rose and our favourite Reindeer die! 
Thank you so much for 2 amazing cards and for suggesting this weeks challenge XXX

Karen





Karen's Description:

I’ve been playing with the gnome dies from Karen Burniston.

Card 1: I used a Serif background and some glitter 

Card 2:  I used Serif background and some artificial snow

Card 3:  I used Serif background and a wobbler

Card 4:  Serif background I printed off a street lamp and scanned it into ScanNCut  
The noses are their mouths The moustache their hymn book and the beard and plaits are their hair.

Absolutely amazing cards Karen, I love these gnome dies, they are so just adorable, I am blown away by the last card, you would never believe that those Carol Singers are made using the Gnome dies, so clever and means you get more use out of your dies!  
Thank you so much for taking part in Sonia's Challenge XXX 

Maria



Maria's Description:

Hi
Here is a couple of Diorama 
X -mas cards I made from a kit I found in one of my boxes. Probably a freebie with a magazine ones. 
I also sending a card I made for my Mum who be eighty in beginning of October. 

Maria your Diorama cards are brilliant,  there is so much detail included,  I love the stars held in place with the little pegs on the first card, I love the effect of looking in through a window,  the layers of detail included is amazing too.  Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely XXX


Janet





Janet's Description:

All the cards have been made using Seasonal Kits (over two years past) by LABLANCHE.
The mirror/glitter card is TONIC card and the sentiments etc are from my stash.
I just have to do the finishing touches like sentiments where needed and stamp the inside of the children's card.

Wow Janet, what an amazing collection of cards, I'm so pleased the weather cooled down enough foe you to craft, it sounds like you made a great start to your Christmas cards for this year.  As always with LABLANCHE kits the attention to detail is incredible, those last two cards are just so beautiful,  definitely in the extra special category!! 

Thank you so very much for supporting this weeks challenge XXX 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:
 

Here is my card for this weeks challenge. I used Stamperia papers, ( a winter’s tale ) ink back ground with faded jeans oxide ink, stamped the holly over with a small holly from Lavinia stamps , embossed in white.

Such a beautiful card Lilian,  your handmade background works so beautifully with that gorgeous Stamperia paper you have used, it's such a triumph when you find colours that match your papers so nicely,  this is a great way to make your papers go further too! 
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 

Sue

Sue's Description:

Hi my lovely. Three simply challenge cards using freebie embossing folders, Stampin’ up snowflake die and SW(?) sentiment.

Three amazing Christmas cards Sue,  simple is perfect for batch card making, I love the Embossing on all of your cards.  Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Wow Ladies, just look at the incredible display of cards that you have created!! Thank you all so much for taking part in the Challenge,  Sonia you must be thrilled with the response to your suggested challenge XXX 

I hope that you a have a wonderful Sunday, I am certainly looking forward to mine! 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra 
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Just finishing getting ready to go to craft show!
    The cards are gorgeous Lots of wonderful inspiration
    St Paul’s was magnificent We had a guided tour and so pleased we did because we would have wandered around aimlessly and not knowing what we were looking at
    I’ll send a couple of pictures
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What a wonderful selection of Seasonal cards.
    Thank you SONIA for suggesting the theme.

    M&S was busy and already displaying Halloween and Seasonal goods. I had a quiet afternoon -feet up with my ereader which comes really high on my favourite list of things to do.
    I need to make a start on tidying my craft room as I just sat everything on the floor when we arrived back.!!!

    Have a good time at the craft show today.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I’m loving all of your Christmas cards such a lovely varied selection, thank you everyone for all for your inspiration.
    I’m guessing just now the ladies who went to Bedford you will be having your lunch, I always found it such a lovely part of the day just to sit and chat compare notes with such lovely friends. Right now I’m so wishing I could be with you, never mind maybe next time. I hope you all having a great day. I’m having a quiet day have looked at some of the cards on Pinterest for inspiration, I hope I’ll be able to produce something this week as I have three grandchildren Birthdays is coming up in November so I really must think about those, don’t want to be leaving it to the last minute.
    Take care everyone I hope those who were not able to go to Bedford are having a relaxing day, sending caring hugs for everyone, love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Wow, a fantastic selection of beautiful cards 😍 Thank you all for sharing 😊
    Hope you’re having a lovely time at the craft show and have bought lots of goodies. Will look forward to hearing all about it.
    We had a wonderful day yesterday, and everything was perfect. The weather stayed fine although it was a bit breezy.
    Now back to reality, the washing machine is already on!
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, windy but dry here, chilly, too warm with my cardigan on, but chilly without it.

    Lovely cards this week as always, you are all so productive, it takes me ages to do one, still not found my Christmas stamps, which is very annoying.

    Not much else going on, struggling to do much today.
    Hope you all had a good time at the craft show, would love to have been there with you. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Fabulous winter cards ladies. The papers used are wonderful and I must say that l love Karen's gnomes, very cute 🙂
    Very tired and achy but so worth it to meet some of you today. It was a good craft hall for stamps especially so got a few things home, photos to come. We know it was a Toby's carvery just a mile away so had a lovely meal out to finish the outing off on a high key 🤗💷 best start saving for the next craft fair at NEC, it's a more busy one but it's also includes the cake decorating hall and the x - mas one ☺️
    I hope you all had nice day and got some TLC,. Sending many hugs to you all, have a nice evening. Xxx

    ReplyDelete