Saturday 17 September 2022

Mixed Up Saturday





Good Saturday Morning My Lovelies, 

What are you all up to this weekend??  We have a variety of jobs that need doing from gettingthe last of the holiday washing boxed up to go away to preparing the garden for Autumn and Winter, shopping needs to be done too, where to start us the question!!  I think a nice leisurely breakfast is the way to go !  

The gorgeous card above is my Birthday card from Our Janet,  the photo doesn't do it justice, the foiling makes it sparkle in the sunshine,  the flowers are so pretty, Janet's attention to detail is incredible,  the tiny bows are such a lovely addition to that border.  Thank you so much for such a beautiful card Janet XXX 

Diecutting Essentials 

Issue 94



This months Issue ( 94 ) has some lovely Christmas cards featured using the Free die and stamps from Christina Griffiths.




Some lovely traditional style Christmas cards made with the free dies and paper download. The 'How To' Shows you how to create a 'Reverse Embossed Die cut'  to use on your cards.




The Skill Booster feature this month is : Exploding Boxes, there are some downloadable templates if any of you would like one I will add link below:


I love how these boxes have been decorated, they do give the wow factor!  



Back to Basics: Using adhesive sheets with intricate dies and glitter.



Expert Guide:  Sliding card holders,  this feature shares hints and tips for creating sliding card holders.  Some fun ideas for different style of cards.




Christina Griffiths shares her own inspiration using her collection 


Using your die stash to make some fun Christmas tags,  now I actually made tags for our family gifts last year and they were super easy but looked expensive,  so this is worth a try.  Great for using your scraps up too. 







Technique Showcase:

Floating Inlaid Diecutting Technique 

These cards are lovely and it looks to be a fairly simple process, I will definitely be having a go at this.




Some Contemporary Clean and simple designs using the magazine freebies, I really like these modern looking cards.

That's it for this Issue,  there are more features inside but I like to leave you some as a surprise if you buy the magazine.  Some great techniques in this issue, die is nice too. I love that they give you a sentiment die too. 

Karen's Shopping 

How cute are these Karen Burniston Tiny Gnomes that Karen has bought ?!  Gnomes have been a really popular addition to Christmas cards for the past 2 or 3 years and they are back this year too, you can do so much with these,  with colouring, swapping and changing features add Wobblers to them so they are animated on your cards, I can't wait to see what you create with them Karen,  thank you so much for sharing them with us XXX 

Sonia's Shopping 

Oh Sonia I love these Spellbinders Flower dies that you have bought,  lovely to have the different style flowers in one die set, leaves and foliage too.  I might add these to my list ! 😉
Thank you for sharing your shopping with us XXX 


That's all for today ladies, 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Well Autumn has really arrived here. Such a difference in temp although the sun is shining for our last day.
    It's goingto be a really busy one too. The car has to be packed and I need to clean before we leave tomorrow morning for Calais.
    We sail Monday morning and take events as they come.
    We should land Dover around 11.00 and then start our journey to Sheffield.

    Have a good week-end everyone.Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the magazine review I love Die Cutting Essentials and this magazine is no exception
    I have wanted something to do with gnomes for ages My thinking is the boys (when they’re a lot older!) might like to play with them too! I needed a bit of retail therapy to perk me up too Your shopping looks lovely too Sonia - a little bit of everything and one for all year around
    It’s Finals day at bowls today We are going to go and watch There’s a BBQ too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card from Janet 😊
    A great magazine review, love the free dies and stamps.
    Karen, your gnomes look so cute, and great that some of the dies stamp too.
    Sounds like you have a busy weekend, please don’t overdo it 😊
    Janet, hope all the packing and clearing up goes well, and safe journey home xx
    Brenda, Lilian and Sue, I hope you’re all ok, take it easy xx
    Maria, I can imagine your fright when the spider appeared. Hope you managed to get all your crystals back in order xx
    I was up until 1.00am this morning. I got a bit carried away with crafting. I didn’t start until quite late but wanted to get this weeks cards done as we have a busy weekend too.
    Have a good day everyone,
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, firstly I’m sorry I forgot to comment yesterday, just exhausted after visit to GP.
    Love your card from Janet, so much detail I wouldn’t know where to start.
    Enjoyed your mag review today, looks a good magazine.
    Very chilly here this morning, but lovely and sunny for the rest of the day. It really feels autumn is here, feels as if it’s been a very short summer.
    Hope you all have a an enjoyable weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete