Monday 5 September 2022

Stencil through a Mask technique

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had an enjoyable weekend,  Karen I hope your Harefield Hospital Fun Run was a success, hopefully all of your crocheted cuties found new homes too.  
Paul was feeling much better thankfully, so we were up and out quite early on, by the time we had set up on the beach it was only 09 40am !!  We had a good hour or more in the sea, which was a huge bonus, we stayed on the beach dor the rest of the day as it was such a lovely day.  At the point of writing this we still hadn't decided where to go for dinner, we have used all the food in the fridge apart from butter and fruit, there is bo point shopping for a couple of days !! ( thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)!!

Today's card was kind of a new technique,  the butterfly outline is a mask that comes with a detailed inner piece, it is basically a symmetrical pattern of butterfly wings, I decided to use a completely different stencil do give a different effect.  I just used tone on tone colours so that the detail of the stencil was the main focus.  It's quite a simple card but I like how it turned out. 

I hope that you all have a great start to the week,

Love and hugs to all,  

Sandra
xxxxxx 


4 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Beautiful cards yesterday with so much inspiration.

    We had another glorious day so much so that a line of washing was dry and aired in less than a couple of hours.
    I have another load (towels) to be hung this morningbefore we go to Corbigny to the supermarket.
    After that it will be 'feet up time'.

    HUGS ontheir way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s another lovely technique and a very pretty card
    Yesterday went well It was a completely different route for the “runners” which apparently was a lot better than previous ones I did the “short” route with daughter and grandkids
    A couple of disappointments - numbers were down but I think most organisations feel that and The Pavillion which was a tea room that was our sanctuary never reopened after covid So I couldn’t give the animals to them but gave them to the rbh charity instead
    The atmosphere was exactly the same as before and it was lovely to see some old friends
    Glad to hear Paul is much better and to me eating out is part of the holiday!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, a great technique and colour combo 🙂
    Glad to hear Paul is better and you spent a lovely day on the beach.
    Sounds like a good day Karen, despite numbers being down.
    Enjoy your day Janet, happy to hear the weather is being kind.
    We had a few rumbles of thunder and lightning early hours, but nothing much. It’s dry here at the moment but cloudy, so not sure if I’ll get any washing out on the line.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening all
    Lovely card Sandra. Glad you both had a nice day on the beach.
    I will be short today because I am soooo tired. To have visitors is fun but boy you have to be on your feet making the tea and the dinner and going out to different places so not just sitting at home.
    I wish you all a good natt. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete