Monday 19 September 2022

A Christmas Challenge card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Such a sad start to the week,  watching our beautiful Queen take the last part of her journey to be with her beloved Philip.  It must be so hard for the family to have to go through the mourning process so publicly, thankfully they get to say their goodbyes privately at Windsor Castle.   

I do wonder how King Charles will get on, he has a real dislike of the press, it must be so terrifying navigating your way through such huge life changes under so much scrutiny but he is a lot older and has a lot more experience than Queen Elizabeth had when she had to suddenly step up and she managed it perfectly.  Time will tell I guess, do you think he will continue to live here in Cotswolds at Highgrove ?? 

Today's card is quite a quick & Simple Christmas card, the patterned paper does all the work, I simply added the sentiment and the snowflakes,  which I stamped in Versamark and added silver embossing powder and heat set.  I added white satin ribbon edged with silver and dressed the bow with a silver snowflake charm. 


Sending my love and hugs to all of you, 


Sandra xxx



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the simplicity of it
    Today will be so so sad for the family and like you say having to do it so publicly will be hard but they don’t know any different They’ve always been in the public eye I felt sorry for Prince Edward’s children who have been quite sheltered from the press etc to be thrust into the limelight at such a tragic event
    Their private time will be at Windsor
    Went out for a lovely meal with daughter and family yesterday to celebrate her birthday (Thursday- same day as Prince Harry) It was a pub with a soft play area for the kids
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Nice card Sandra, pretty paper so just the sentiment is perfect for it to look gorgeous.
    Sad day and it will be a long day for them all. Hopefully after today they will be left in peace to mourn and the brothers can build some bridges between them.
    Had liked to gone out today somewhere but stomach have stopped that idea so if I feel a bit better later on I'm hoping to do some crafting or it be tv watching all day.
    h
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to you all and extras for anyone who need some xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. I love todays card. The silver and white are a classic combo that work so well. And the paper is so pretty. Is it a Stampin’ up one? Xx
    I agree with you all about today and hope the press let them all have some private time now. I know they are born into “the business” but at the end of the day they have lost a dearly loved family member and must surely feel as sad as us.
    Sonia, have a lovely time with hubby in your piece of paradise xx
    Maria, sorry you couldn’t go out today. Thinking of you xx
    Karen, how nice to celebrate your daughters birthday together. I bet the boys enjoyed the soft play area xx
    Janet, I hope you are both having a safe and easy journey home xx
    I hope you all sleep well. Sending love to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete