Sunday 11 August 2019

Your cards for Lynda's Mixed Media Challenge



Good Morning Ladies,

I have to say that i thought that some of you would struggle with this challenge, not because I thought that you couldn't manage it, purely based on what we think Mixed Media cards 'have to be'.
As usual you proved me wrong, you have embraced the challenge and made some amazing projects.  

So let's have a look.....

My cards



Well I have to be honest and say that I was a bit apprehensive about this challenge but once I got sat and ready to go I absolutely loved it, so thank you Lynda for this fun challenge XXX


Lilian

Lilian, I know you probably get bored of me saying this but I just love your work, this piece is not exception, your faux brick looks so realistic, I love the cats with their kittens and the top, floral element of your Journal cover is just so beautiful.  It looks like you loved this challenge.  Your flowers are so pretty too, thank you so very much for taking part my lovely XXX

Lynda


Lynda, Lynda, Lynda, 1 more gorgeous works of Mixed Media art, the first of these two cards is proper mixed media, just as you would imagine, you have thrown all kind of elements at that card and it just works!
Your second card is so pretty, I love the colours that you have used, those butterflies are so unusual and work brilliantly.
Thank you so much for two more stunning Challenge cards XXX


Michele




Two very different Challenge cards from Michele, one Christmas that features snowy background that looks proper Mixed Media and the sentiment is such a lovely font.
Michele's second card is your typical Mixed media style, with the plans of the aircraft included, postage marks and vintage images.
Thanks Michele for 2 great cards XXX


Janet






I just knew that Janet would WOW us with her Mixed Media projects, she is very much like Lynda in that she is 'at home' making projects in this style and your love of the style shines through when you look at the details that you have added.

My first CC is made up as follows: the base is canvas/the image is from Reddy Creative Cards bought years ago/the fine hair is from The Works and the other embellishments are from my stash.

My second and third CC are made as follows: The box is from the Range/the papers and sentiment; lady and metal pieces are from La Blance. The flowers are Little Birdie Flowers.
The card is made from La Blanche paper/little boy/envelop fronts.The mdf tree is from my bits and pieces.

Thanks Janet for 3 amazing works of art, I love all three pieces, the Canvas is incredible, the Angel looks so etherial on her whispy fine shredded hair background.
Your card is lovely, the little lad looks like he is sitting on the frame, the tiny vintage postcards really give that authentic Vintage look.
The Box/Trunk speaks for itself, so much authentic detail, just incredible Janet. XXX


Karen





Karen has made 5 incredible Mixed Media cards for Lynda's challenge, all completely different (apart from first two).

Cards 1 & 2 :  Two cards, same background (Google Image) One has twine, other had pea

Card 3 : This one  I used CS Frosty Dawn texture paste through a Ally Pally bargain bucket stencil onto dark blue card Made a white frame on ScanNCut Backed it with acetate (discarded packaging) and foam mounted onto background and added sentiment on top so that it looks like it is floating

Card 4 : So mixed media = DO background Die cut butterflies and stamped sentiment


Last mixed media card!
Background is a really old technique where you cover card with torn pieces of cheap masking tape Stroke it with an ink pad I used walnut stain DO but DI works too Let it dry and then cover with Perfect Medium or equivalent and heat set clear embossing powder
I cut sunflower edger on stamping card and coloured with DO Squeezed Lemonade Fossilised Amber and Forest Moss and Walnut Stain I had to trim it down a lot because I got lots of smudges and add frame Centres are covered in micro beads Shadowed it in black Sentiment is Sue W and matching stamps.
Thanks Karen for 5 fantastic cards XXX

Cheryl

Cheryl made her Mixed Media card before she even knew what the challenge was going to be, this is the Wedding card that Cheryl made the Box for that I shared with you all yesterday.
The Bride and Groom will treasure this beautiful card Cheryl, it is just exquisite.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us XXX


Val


Val, I know that you were struggling with this challenge at the start of last week but OMG did you overcome your struggles, this card is just so amazing, that flower is stunning, I love all of the background detail too, such an amazing acheivement.
Thank you so very much for taking part, I am very grateful XXX

Brenda

Brenda has made an amazing Christmas card for this weeks challenge, I absolutely love this card Brenda, using that lovely acetate as the main part of the card was such a clever idea.  Brenda added adhesive to the widest part of the die cut, which has cleverly made it invisible.
Thank you so much Brenda for such a fantastic Challenge card XXX

Maria


Oh Maria, I love your cards, you have gone to so much trouble to put so much dimension and texture into both of your cards, both of them are truly mixed media.  I love the flowers you have put onto your first card together with the sparkle from the glitter.
I will add Maria's Description Below....

"Background for the first one is Teabags and small amount of tea mixe
with Grunge paste, a few leafs and flowers from my pots and instant
coffee and glitter for the bottom bit. Actually smells quite nice   
For the second one I used kitchen roll  and then Grunge paste mixed
with Shia seeds and Sesame seeds, stamped a pair of Feathers, found
a Button and some string. Not really sure what I thought I was making "

Thank you so much Maria two incredible cards, I bet they smell as good as they look, I am so grateful to you for taking part. XXX



ladies, thank you so much for taking part, I loved this challenge and the best part of it was opening the messages with all of your amazing cards inside. I hope that you enjoyed trying another new technique.

Lynda, I would like to thank you too for suggesting this weeks challenge, it had a few of us struggling at the the start of the week but we all got the hang of it by the end, just look at all of these amazing projects that you inspired XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx











9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    WOW-what an absolutely fantastic selection of challenge cards & projects today!!

    Lynda-thank you for suggesting this challenge, asylum can see, everyone loved it. I’m sure Sandra appreciated the suggestion the list though.

    We have a breezy day, it’s still raining but it does look like it might brighten up not that I feel like gardening today!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    only popped in quickly to look at all the mixed media cc, thank you Lynda for making my head spin hihihi. Many lovely cards made.
    I wish you all a lovely day and hope it stays nice and dry wherever you are.
    OH is waiting in the car to take me to Stevenage for their craft show so best get my trousers on. Hope to see some of you later. Hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Thank you LYNDA for this challenge I really really didn’t know what to do as mixed media As you can see I did get braver towards the end of the week (CE sunflower) and I really enjoyed it
    It looks very sunny outside and the awful wind has dropped After Stamperama I will be meeting the rest of the family at my sister in law’s to “celebrate” what would have been my FIL’s 100th Birthday She lives in Stevenage so it’s easy to sort out
    I am really looking forward to Stamperama It’s a fairly small show BUT I hope it won’t be too crowded as AP is not on next month So I’d better get moving as I’m being picked up at 9.15
    Have a lovely day ladies and JANET I won’t need a roast - thank you as SIL is hoping to do a BBQ
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Everyone
    Well all I can say is WOW WOW WOW. What a fantastic array of mixed media. Everyone has embraced the Challenge head on.
    We have so much that all the boars and a couple of tables have had to be fetched out of storage.
    LYNDA A really BIG THANK YOU for your suggestion.I loved it.

    We had really high winds all afternoon and evening and the wind is still blowing this morning. At least it's dry at the moment.
    I'm having an easy day today.

    The CAFE is OPEN and lunch today is Roast Beef. Place your orders please asap.
    To all going to the craft show have a good day.Enjoy yourselves but please take care and stay safe.

    HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra lovely cards on display this morning, hope you have a lovely time at Stevenage.xxx
    Lynda thank you for suggesting the challenge.xxx
    Janet please may I order roast beef.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone,

    My goodness what a wonderful display of cards today. Thank you Lynda for suggesting this. I found grey cells I haven't used for years!!!

    Would love a roast beef lunch please Janet. My mouths watering already.x

    Whoever is going to Stevenage, have a lovely time. Looking forward to seeing what goodies all buy.

    Enjoy your day everyone.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    Thank you so much for your fantastic aray of my mixed media challang cards. It looked like you all came out of your comfort zone but boy you all nailed it. So thank you all LADIES xx,
    I've just finished the ironing whare dose it all come from it's probably me as I can't seem to get it all done in one go now as my body won't play nicely.
    I'm just going for a shower now as need to pop to the shops Janet can I put down for two roast dinners please.
    Hug's for everyone.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What an amazing display of challenge cards today, Thank you Linda for coming up with this challenge.
    I hope you ladies going to Stevenage have a lovely day, sorry I didn’t join you, the journey would’ve been at least an hour and a half each way, which normally I could cope with but the last few days I have felt tired, my AF doesn’t help I can feel it thumping away, which in itself is exhausting. Anyway enough about me. I hope you enjoy the show I’m thinking of you all, can’t wait to see what you have bought xx
    Take care, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete