Friday 30 August 2019

Next weeks Challenge


Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Here we are at the start of another weekens, what have you all got planned?

You are probably all bored of me telling you about our day here as its pretty much the same day to day.
We did have a different day on Tuesday,  it was a little bit cloudy and threatened storms all day, although they never appeared,  we spent the day playing games, we learnt a new card game, played scrabble a few times.  Had a long leisurely lunch and then decided to go to the local 'tourist' town and have a cone of skin on chips followed by double scoops of ice cream in cones, the hardest part was choosing a flavour! I went for mango and coconut!!

Next Week's  Challenge 

Your Challenge for next week is a simple one.
There are 16 weeks until Christmas as if this week, so we really need to be getting our Christmas cards organised,  I haven't thought much about it, I made one for this Challenge and one other so far, I know Val has started hers already and I must say that when i went into a card shop with the girls before we came away,  the card shop had Christmas cards i  too, IN AUGUST!!.
There are no particular rules,  other than it being a 'Christmas card'.

I went for a different look for mine, the decorative paper is an old SU one, I teally liked the bright colours.  I made a foamiran Poinsettia using my new John Lockwood Ponsettia die,  the foam matched the 'real red' in the paper really well.  The leaves were made using Old Olive green card to match the background too.
I added some matching ribbon to hide the join of the DSP and SW Ponsettia Edger die cut. 
I hope you like it, it's quite 'non traditional ' but i love the colours.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,

Love  and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-great challenge and a gorgeous card today. Goodness-is it really only 16 weeks to Christmas....?!

    Had a lovely meal last night with my Brother in Law, he’s flying home this morning.,
    I have a GP appointment at 8:30 this morning as I’m struggling with menopausal symptoms so fingers crossed I can get something sorted!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and a lovely example Only 16 weeks?!? But then autumn does start on Sunday....
    Your holiday sounds lovely SANDRA
    Off to see The Illusionists this afternoon and on Sunday we are going to a Salsa party in a park So tomorrow will be swear word day - not that in this weather I achieve much
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    A good Challenge SANDRA and one I'll not be struggling with as I've already started my mammouth task of Seasonal cards.

    Yep it's that 'swear' word for me today.Honestly this day come round faster each week. At least it's cooler so I should be able to get things done.

    I hope you get some satisfaction with your appointment MICHELE.

    The CAFE is OPEN and there's fresh fruit tarts in the cooler. HUGS are winging their way to you all. Stay safe and take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone,
    I love your card Sandra. I've made most of my own personal Christmas cards but have yet to start on the shop ones.

    We DID actually get the threatened storm on Tuesday although not as had as Madrid where the cars were floating down the road. Happily it's freshened everything up and it's such a lovely temperature here now.

    Off to craft club shortly. As usual I've not got anything ready so better scoot upstairs before Wendy picks me up in an hour.

    Have a good day everyone.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra your card today is lovely & timely challenge.xxx
    My fingers will not do what I want so sending hugs to all love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning everyone.
    Lovely card Sandra and good job to start the seasonal cards , I always promise to start them early but never manage it so here I go :>)
    Michele- hope the doc can help you out so you soon feel happier.
    Lynda- lovely news, congrats. Wonder what Harry thought he meant ? Feel for you reg. the pain. Hugs for you and Terry.
    Val- have a fun day crafting. Temp.here too is much better, did struggle when it's over the 30c.
    Janet- hope you do something else other then swearing today, have a nice weekend.
    Margaret- glad to see the meds. are working and you starting to feel a bit stronger. Sending you many hugs.
    Cheryl- do you have a stall this weekend ? Hope you doing well.
    Lilian- did you ever manage to go to London ? take care and wish you have a nice weekend.
    SIL is nearly here so best get sorted, going out for lunch and hopefully it is nice enough so we go to Frost for tea and cake, not like I need it but...
    Wishing you all a nice day . Hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    I’m glad your enjoying your holiday. Both cards over the last 2 days have been lovely.
    Great card today. As you know I’ve started my Christmas cards but they’re Groovi ones. I do have lots of bits and pieces that I’d cut two years ago so might try and do something with those this year. It’s quite warm today although a bit windy. Hugs to all who need one today.
    Lilian I hope your feeling a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello All, another lovely day, although we could do with some rain for the garden.

    Sandra lovely card, not thought about any of these cards yet.

    Had a visit from my Nephew from Brazil lovely too see then, but I was just dishing up lunch, not enough to share, so had to rush around and make some sandwiches. They are going to live in Australia now so I don’t suppose we will see much of them now.
    Hope you get some help Michele, it’s a horrible time.

    Margaret glad you have some meds to help.

    Lynda sorry to hear your still in a lot of pain.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete