Monday 12 August 2019

My TicTacToe Challenge Card





Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you all had a lovely weekend, the weather was a little chaotic here, really gusting high winds, we had a few big trees that had fallen over in the wind, then on our way home from Stevenage on Sunday we had some real 'Torrential' down pours, the water laying on the roads as we got closer to home was unbelievable, the water that gathers at the side of the roads had joined in the middle making it feel like you were driving through lakes, then as we got back into the village we had an incredible thunder storm, the weird thing is when we left the house at about 7.45am it was a glorious sunny day and it stayed that way until we went into the Stamperama venue. So we had all weathers in one day,

We loved the Stamperama Show, there were a good few Companies that were new to us, so it was lovely to see new Stamps and dies being demonstrators, I think that we all enjoyed it, Pat, Karen and Maria all took part in some 'Make & takes', I am hoping that they will share the photos of them so that you can see how fantastic they were.
It was a smaller show, it was very busy at the start, that may be because there is no Ally Pally in September, so people are shopping in August instead.  
As usual though by the time we had finished our lunch and had a good old catch up with each other and some lovely ladies that were sitting on our table. (this is the best part of the day for me), a lot of people had left the venue and it was a lot easier to get around and actually see in the stalls.
I think that we were all flagging by the end of the afternoon, we did have lovely time though, thanks Karen for recommending it to us xxx

I made today's card last thursday, it's Pauls Birthday card, I was thinking that if fitted with having your birthday on holiday, the beach looks very relaxing, which is something that we are both looking forward to.
The stamps for this card were Magazine Freebies, (Card Making and Papercraft I think), I stamped the simple beach scene stamp onto some watercolour card and then I used Distress inks (not oxides) to watercolur the beach scene, I used the heat gun to dry off the watercolouring. I matted each panel onto blue card and then took my 6 x 6 card blank and scored the front of it half and folded it back,
I then added my panels.  The finishing touch was the anchor charm, which I fixed to the card with twine that I had attached to the card through eyelets (stuck down on the back).
I hope you like my card, the Categories I used are :  Water Theme/Masculine/Simple Stamping.

I will let you know if Paul approves!

I hope you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-stunning Card, it’s gorgeous & I’m sure Paul will love it. Perfect as you’re away for both your birthdays

    The craft show sounded good, looking forward to seeing what you all bought. I’ve booked tickets for the Sincerely Yours craft show on Sunday 1st September-my crazy Friend is going with me & has even offered to drive.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card SANDRA even down to using eyelets for holding the charms It just screams masculine and nautical/water
    I had a lovely day yesterday and spent far too much money! My purchases were pretty boring - mainly card and a couple of Posca pens I did enjoy the make and takes It was a shame I couldn’t have stayed longer and chatted
    I’m glad you enjoyed it SANDRA It is a favourite of mine The weather did turn nasty didn’t It The BBQ survived We came in doors just before the torrential rain started Oscar kept us very entertained!
    Another Monday So the start of the working week I wonder what joys will be at the office today!
    Take care ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra we did not have the storm you had last night strange when we are only 20mins apart. Your card for Paul is perfect, I am sure he will love it. Pleased you enjoyed the show, it was a shame I couldn't join you, next time maybe.xxx
    Brenda I know how you feel, please take care, hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just typed a message and it's disappeared. Grrr.
    Lovely card Sandra, Paul will be delighted with it and so pleased you all enjoyed the show.

    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone.
    Paul will love his card Sandra, perfect as you going to be down the sea.
    It was great yesterday and I too spent way too much money on things I don't really need but so liked to have so home with me they came Lol Nice to have a catch up and meeting new lovely people during lunch. We also had torrential rain going back home which was not nice but it stopped closer to MK. I know today would be a day of sleep and I wasn't wrong, typical when I been out and had fun. Time to start dinner so I hope you all had a nice day and you will have a nice evening whatever you are doing. Take care, hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Lovely card Sandra. Paul will love it. I must say I did enjoy yesterday’s craft show. As Sandra said not as big as Ally Pally & Farnborough but just as enjoyable. I hardly bought anything as I’m into Groovi and the little bit I saw on a stall was what I’d already bought.
    Sandra said that The ladies on the blog donated £50 to Prostate Cancer in memory of Pete. So many many thanks for your generous donations. All in all the total was £357. I did ask Sandra to post a big thanks you and the total just in case this doesn’t post. So hear goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies
    What a horrible day weather wise. At 8am we had lovely sunshine but only for half an hour then the heavens opened the we had a thunder storm & still Raining & getting cold.
    Pleased you all had a good day yesterday at craft show ( really jealous 😢)
    SANDRA I love your card for Paul I'm sure he will love it too.
    I haven't felt like going in craft room today although I have birthday cards to make.
    So haven't done much I did watch JL
    On Hochanda I did like his layer dies so did a lot of people as one day special sold out.
    Hopping I feel crafty tomorrow.
    Hug's all round Love Lynda xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra I’m sure Paul is going to love this card, it’s beautiful.

    Pleased you enjoyed the craft show yesterday, sounds like you all had a good day. Your journey home yesterday sounds horrendous. We had very high winds and just a light shower. Nothing like the weather you had.

    LYNDA sometimes you just need to listen to your body, take care. xx
    MARGARET Thank you. Hope you are feeling stronger. xx

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All, rain and sun here today.
    Dentist for clean, 30mins =£65 !!!

    Sandra great card today, also loved all the cards yesterday.

    Goodnight all Hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete