Saturday 10 August 2019

Mixed up Saturday including Michele's Mag Review





Good Morning Ladies,

Ooh thank goodness it's the weekend, I need to catch up on some sleep, on Thursday evening we saw a mouse scuttle across our central hallway, it's quite a large area at the bottom of the stairs that has doors to all of the downstairs rooms, I squealed and shut myself in the kitchen, from where I called Matt, Lucy & Paul to action! Fast forward 3 hours, yes I did say 3 hours and several barricades later, the tiny field mouse had outwitted all 3 of them, to make things worse we have several boxes of holiday stuff sat to one side waiting to be packed into the car.  Apparently it had gone, it was absolutely nowhere to be found, i think I was the only that wasn't convinced!
So we went to bed, I was convinced that I could hear scratching and scuttling but Paul just said not to worry!! 
I spent the rest of the night with my phone in my hand (for torch) and every bit of movement or noise (which happened frequently as the cats were in and out), I was flashing my torch around, squinting to see if i could catch sight of anything, which never happened.  Paul set one of his humane traps in the hallway before he left for work. I got up, exhausted and squinting through the slits that were were once my eyes, I was on high alert, i knew i was safe in my craft room and the lounge as they had been shut off since the first sighting.
Paul came home at lunchtime and we went into the lounge to relax and have lunch, we finished and were getting ready to go out, Paul picked a throw off the sofa to fold and jumped, I about lept off the sofa, he had a look and said "no panic, it was tag on edge of throw "! I asked him to put a trap in the lounge, which he did, when we arrived home, there was indeed a mouse in the trap, enjoying some peanut butter!! 
That tiny mouse had out smarted all of us, I was right about hearing the mouse though, as our headboard is against the lounge wall, exactly where the mouse was hiding!! 
I will be having an early night (Friday)!

Enough of my drama, let's look at what you have been sharing.....

First up today are Janet's Beautiful Gift Bags and Box.
Janet's three absolutely gorgeous Gift Bags, made with La'Blanche Papers, I really love those Vintage style papers, you have placed your folds perfectly Janet to get the very best from those papers.

Janet's gift box is of course made from Tonic Dies, these ones are caĺled "Kaleidoscope Boxes" Janet has bought a new insert Panel for them, it is so pretty Janet, the good thing with Tonic box dies is they keep adding to the collection, which breathes new life into your existing dies.
Thank you so much Janet for sharing your Gift packaging with us XXX 

 Cheryl

Cheryl shared this beautiful Gift Box with me last week, it was made to go with an absolutely stunning Wedding card that worked perfectly for this weeks 'Mixed Media' Challenge, so you will see the card tomorrow, Cheryl wanted to keep the box simple to allow the card to 'WOW' the Bride and Groom.  It might be simple but my goodness it's beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us. XXX 

Michele's Magazine Review 

Hi Ladies,



Simply Cards & Papercraft has a beautiful set of Poppy Stamps & stencils this month (from Altenew). 




Here some ideas from inside the magazine.




This is the first feature using the free gift



More ideas-Mixed media.


Part 2  of the Mixed Media feature.




Great article on getting more from your Dies by making the diecuts into Stamps. 

That’s all for this week.
Happy Crafting 
Michele 

Michele thanks so much for that amazing Magazine Review, I think I will be definitely be getting this magazine as I love  that  Poppy stamp and Stencil, its Altenew too so you know that quality will be good. XXX 

Val



Val has shared her latest bit of craft shopping, you have bought some lovely things Val, I love the Merry Christmas die you have bought, look at all those gorgeous little Deer, so cute! As is that Cat stamp, perfect for any cat lover.
I have an embossing folder very similar to the JW die woodland die, I saw some of the projects that John's DT had made with that die and they were lovely.
Finally that lovely 'Friend ' stamp, who doesn't make cards for friends?! Those cards will fly off the shelves Val !
I hope they help to bring your mojo back my lovely xxx 

Michele 

Michele managed to bag some bargain dies from a lady that was having a bit of a De-clutter on a Facebook Group.  You have some very useful dies there Michele, I look forward to seeing what you make with them XXX

That's all for this week ladies, I hope that you all have a lovely weekend.
I am looking forward to seeing some of you at the Stevenage Stamperama show tomorrow. 

Sending Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 



10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-goodness, what a clever mouse! Hopefully that’s the last you’ll see of it.

    Janet -what gorgeous gift bagsb& biz. All lovely.

    Cheryl -what a beautiful box fit a card, that will make it a real Keepsake.

    Val-great shopping, all looks very interesting.

    Considering I’m not Crafting much, I somehow seem to keep finding things I need to buy!!
    Quick shopping trip into Southport this morning-hoping the forecast is wrong and it won’t start raining. We already have gusting winds so that’s bad enough.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Oh what a lovely selection of craftiness and buying this week.
    I love your wedding card box CHERYL. I always think that sometimes less is more and your box entices you inside.

    Thank you for your mag review MICHELE.I shall be popping into WHS this morning to have a closer look. Your shopping looks interesting.

    VAL= your shopping is looking very useful and I know your cards will just make the most of the stamps.

    Off on our usual Saturday morning shopping. The weather is rather cool and it's been raining in the night.

    The CAFE is OPEN usual hours so pop in for a chat and a cuppa. There will be cream buns and scones this afternoon.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a good day take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies.

    Lots of pretty things today. Lovely boxes, great shopping and thanks Michele for sharing the mag review. Love those poppies.

    Sandra. you do have some fun with mice!!!! If your cats are anything like mine they won't be a bit interested in catching live invaders. They're too well fed. Glad the little devil is caught anyway.x

    Meeting friends for coffee later but really must do some housework and change my bed first.

    Have a good Saturday everyone.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gift bags and boxes are so pretty JANET and CHERYL I can’t wait to see the wedding card CHERYL
    Thank you for the magazine review MICHELE Very handy to know and some great looking bargains too
    I love your shopping VAL I couldn’t wait to buy that Merry Christmas edger die I love these edger dies She’s a very clever lady that Cathie Shuttleworth!
    Dentist was ok
    I’m looking forward to to Stamperama too It is so close to where I live it would be rude not to go It is a lovely little show I just hope it doesn’t get too crowded especially as AP is not on next month
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention your story about the mouse SANDRA I’m the same as you I would not have been able to sleep with the thought of that in the house Daft I know

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra you do have fun with mice, that's the trouble with living in country, hope you got more sleep last night.xxx
    Janet & Cheryl lovely boxes.xxx
    Michele good review & good buys.xxx
    Val lovely buys.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Lovely shopping, cards and mag reviews today. Looking forward to tomorrow at Stevenage. Pete used to used humane traps. However, we found the mice always cam back into the house. Pete started taking them in the car out to the fields. Ended up using the other type that killed them as we were having so many.
    Well my parcel to Turkey arrived back in Witney this morning, came back with a label stating. Refused by customs. Must have UA-UZ barcodes and customers label. Well the parcel did have a customs label on it that I had to fill in but no code.
    Now this has to be the fault of either Witney or Swindon not mine. I’ll have to go to the sorting office in Witney and see what they say. I’m hoping that I don’t have to pay again as it wasn’t my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies
    WOW some lovely goodies
    MICHELE GREAT MAG REVIEWS & some bargain shopping enjoy using them.
    JANET love your gift bags & box they are beautiful.
    CHERYL your box is so pretty look forward to seeing your card tomorrow.
    VAL love your buy's you will be making some lovely cards for the shop.
    SANDRA love your story about your mice glad it's gone now.
    We are having a lazy day had my shower this morning & then put clean Pj's on.
    Sending Every one Hug's enjoy the rest of your day
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evening everyone.
    Lovely gift bags and Tonic box Janet, very nice.
    Cheryl- looking forward to tomorrow now to see your card that goes to this Beautiful box.
    Val- nice shopping and Michele too. Also thank you Michele for the mag review. I'm with Simply card and papercraft facebook group and I have seen some amazing cards made with this poppy stamp. Very nice.
    Oh Sandra you made me giggle about the little field mouse but for you I hope it's now gone, well at least until one of the cats bring a new friend home Lol
    Home alone today so I have had a messy day and pulled my hair at times to make some kind of CC this week. Yes, I know you showed us some of yours Sandra but I just couldn't get my mojo going until yesterday which made me panic slightly today to get something together. As I said earlier I do overthinking when trying to make cards sometimes but hope you will like them ? :/
    Hope you all managed to have a nice day even if the day have been unbelievable windy and at times we also had rain here.
    Many hugs and have a nice evening everyone, love Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Another brilliant Saturday on the blog showing everyone your fantastic shopping and Michele’s great magazine review.
    Had a very quiet day today, energy seems to have flown out of the window. But tomorrow is another day.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete