Wednesday 28 August 2019

Another 'Spotlight' Technique card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you have all enjoyed the gorgeous Bank Holiday weather that you were treated to, it makes such a difference to a Bank Holiday if the weather is good. Mind you it sounded like the heat was little over whelming for some of you which I totally understand.

Yesterday we started off the day on the beach as usual then as the wind picked up at about 2pm we packed up and headed for the grassy area around the pool, the girls and Lewis enjoy it as they can connect to the internet, although I have to say they aren't on it all the time like I thought they would be, they seem to much prefer playing Uno together or going to play Basket ball of Football.
Paul and I laid and read our books, I am on my second one, this is an 'actual' book that was in the 'free books, help yourself section' in our Holiday Reps tent.  The book is called 'Casa Clara' by Kate McCabe, in short it's about a Girl who leaves a messy life in Ireland to start over in Fuengirola  in Spain, it's quite a nice read.  The last one I read on my Kindle was about a girl who left a messy relationship in UK to help her parents renovate to Gites that were in the grounds of their home in France ready for the tourist season, as you may predict she ends up falling in love with the guy that is doing the renovation, that is a very simplified synopsis, it was a lovely read and I felt a little sad when it was finished.  I always find it hard moving on to a new book.
Paul managed to finish his too, he really enjoyed it.

Today's card is another of those 'Spotlight' cards that we all made as part of a weekly challenge a few weeks back.
I used a topper from one of the 'Lilli Of the Valley' art pads from many years ago, I have always loved the images, I just used to stroke them and put them back in the box!
I teamed this one with this gorgeous pink from SU which matches perfectly, I kept it simple with embellishments as I think the image is pretty enough without any further fuss.

I must go as everyone is getting is ready to go out and giving the 'look' !!

Have a lovely day my lovelies,

love and hugs to all you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

14 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Your card is so pretty, love the colours.

    We have rain here this morning & it’s a bit cooler thank goodness!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so Michele, hope all is well with you xxx

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA Have you got anything special planned but like me you’re just pleased that you have family around
    Pretty card SANDRA I have a Victoria Nelson image of a bicycle with flowers cascading down I love it
    I am so pleased that it’s a bit cooler and at the moment there’s a slight drizzle It was so hot in my craft room that I didn’t do much crafting at all But I have finished a Twiddle Muff which I’ll photograph later and send
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks so much for your Birthday wishes, you are right, we have nothing particularly planned, we were expecting it to be overcast and stormy but if changed overnight and it's a glorious Sunny Day, so we are off to the beach. I hope it cools down enough for you to craft my lovely xxx

      Delete
  3. Morning Everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA. Hoping you have a wonderful day and that the family have one or two surprises for you today.

    K&N was good but oh so hot even though we had all the windows and doors open. We hold it in a room in our local library and it's quite a large room so enough for us all to have space to craft.All of us were drained after two hours.

    It's a little cooler this morning and the sun isn't shining as yet so perhaps a better day.I still need to do my CC so hopefully that's the plan for today.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all. Plenty of ices in the freezer and cold drinks in the fridge.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.Have a good day.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, thanks for the gorgeous card, I absolutely love it, the paper you have used is stunning and it is embellished to perfection as always xxx

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. HOPE YOU'RE SPOILT ROTTEN.X

    Very pretty card. Love LOTV.X

    Not much doing today. Just carrying on with my Christmas cards.

    Have a good day everyone.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Val, have fun making your Christmas cards, might be quite apt for this weeks challenge! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi , All

    Many Happy Returns of the day Sandra, hope it’s a lovely Birthday.

    Lovely card , very pretty.

    Hope this works today have lost all comments over the last few days.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilian, thank you for your stunning Birthday card too, it is gorgeous, I can't wait to share it with everyone xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in cafΓ©,
    Sandra HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY WITH THE FAMILY. Your card is beautiful.xxx
    I now have gout in my right foot, very painful so more tablets.!!! I must admit the tablets for Parkinson seem to be working, I feel less wobbly & don't seem to shake as much, hooray.!!! Sending love to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sandra, have a wonderful day and be spoilt rotten from Paul, the girls and Lewis.
    Gorgeous card, love the picture.
    Going out for a walk and a mini shop. See you later for some Birthday cake and coffee ! Love and hugs to all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & ladies
    SANDRA HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY & YOUR SPOILT ROTTEN
    🍾πŸ₯‚πŸΈπŸΉπŸΎπŸŒ„πŸ™πŸ’“❤️❤️Xxx
    Are you going out for a birthday meal tonight.
    Love your spotlight card so pretty
    I have just got back from the dentist had exray and I have to go back in October £22.50 & filling will be another £62.00 it's seems
    To have gone up a lot. Could have done with out that. I have to go & sort out my jeans so see you all later
    Hug's & Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA, ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY, SENDING BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS Also πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸ¨πŸ¦πŸ« Cake, Ice cream and Chocolate, I promise you will not be sick - because it’s all virtual .... unfortunately xxx

    What a pretty card you have posted today, it all works perfectly together.

    Thank goodness today is a little cooler, don’t get me wrong - I love the heat but yesterday I felt like I was melting. Whatever you are doing take care.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete