Saturday 24 August 2019

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review




Good Morning Ladies,

We have had a lovely couple of days here, glorious sunshine and calm seas, I was so excited to make it down to the beach and see it as calm as a mill pond, needless to say we were straight it, with only a slight hesitation and some heavy breathing as my body acclimatised to the temperature of the Mediterranean sea, within minutes I was floating around and it felt amazing. I think that we were on the beach at about 9.20am and didn't leave until after 6pm.  We spent a couple of hours lounging by the pool and then made our way back for supper.  I am a little sore today though as we were out in the sea for so long my back got a little burnt! Its my own fault though as I just didn't want to get out.

Now I didn't have any Mixed Crafts as such to share with you today, so I decided to share some old ones that are still as current today, they haven't dated at all.

First up (above) are Karen's  Decorated Chocolate Bar Wrappers, don't they look amazing, it's great to see a Birthday and Christmas version too. I love the one with that Spellbinders Vase and flowers on, I have that die and totally forget to use it.!
I can up load the tutorial that Karen did for this if any of you want to see it again.

Thanks Karen for some great Gift Wrapping Inspiration XXX



Next up we have Lilian's first ever try go at Quilting, not that you would ever think that this was her first attempt.
I love both your Quilted Cushions and those amazing Nautical Cushions and Door stop.  Have you done anymore quilting since you did these Lilian?  I always imagined that Quilting would be addictive once you got started.

Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us Lilian XXX





Michele's Magazine Review




Hi Ladies,



Papercraft Inspirations has a lovely Kinetic Card kit free this month.





Here’s some ideas from inside the magazine.




This picture shows what you can make using your free gift.






This article show you his to make a different style card, they’d make quite a special card.




This article explains how to create a masked background plus combining it with silhouette stamps. Some very impressive designs.


That’s all for now,
Happy Crafting.

Michele

Thanks so much Michele, this magazine has some great articles, not to mention that fantastic free gift, I think that they are great for just trying out something new, without having to invest a lot of money only to find it's not for you. There are also plenty of inspiration cards to get you going.
Those blackboard easel cards look like a great technique to try to, especially for cards for men.
Finally that last feature on using Masked off backgrounds  with your silhouette style stamps is fantastic,  it gives some new ideas to add a twist to an already fantastic technique. 

Thanks again my lovely,  I really appreciate  you taking time to inspire us XXX



Cheryl found some amazing Bargains last week to add some useful storage space to her craft room.

The Spice Rack holds sixteen bottles, Cheryl found this in a Charity shop, what a great find, so useful to have all of your embellishments in one place






Cheryl managed to get herself one of the gorgeous Duck Egg Blue storage trollies that are still half price in Hobbycraft, at £25 they are a great Bargain, here you can see a photo before and after Cheryl got organised, using those fab storage pockets for dies etc. Cheryl go those from Home Bargains.

Thank you so much Ladies for sharing your crafts and to Michele for the Review.

Have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx











8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-hope your sunburn isn’t too painful today & you’re still able to sit out.

    Karen-love the Chocolate wrappers, might try that idea.

    Lilian-your quilted cushion covers are amazing, hive you done any more?

    Cheryl-great bargain from the charity shop. I keep thinking about purchasing one of the hobbycraft trolleys, they look so useful.

    I’m off to the hairdressers (treating myself to a blow dry) as we’re off to the Nursing Home today as it’s my Father in Laws Birthday tomorrow (and his wife’s birthday on Tuesday). My brother in law is due to arrive (from Florida) this morning so we’ll see everyone today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    KAREN-Lovely Choc covers and ideal for the festive season
    LILIAN- I truly love your cushion covers and I would love to see more of your quilting.
    CHERYL- fantastic buying. I always love bargains which have been recycled.

    Off on our usual shopping this morning and after that who knows. The sun is shining so hoping for a lovely day.

    The CAFE is OPEN so pop in for a chat and a cuppa.
    There's cream teas this afternoon and the possibility of fruit flans.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a good day; stay safe and take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! That was a nice surprise to see my chocolate bar wrappers on display which I’d totally forgotten about! The vase die is one of the first sets of dies I ever bought
    I love your quilting LILIAN Quilting is something I’d like to try I really must get my sewing machine out
    I love your bargains CHERYL That trolley does look so so useful I might have to persuade OH to take me to Hobbycraft
    Thank you MICHELE for your terrific magazine review I particularly like the look of that article about masks and silhouette stamping
    Off to a Fete later and OH has told somebody that we’ll be out dancing tonight! So not sure about that one!
    Your day at the beach sounded great and so pleased you were able to get in the water and enjoy
    Big hugs ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra your day yesterday sounds ideal just what you imagine, hope you have many more.xxx
    Karen love your wrappers, enjoy your weekend.xxx
    Lilian I love your cushions, how are you feeling.xxx
    Michele thank you for review.xxx
    Cheryl thank you for sharing your bargains.xxx
    Sending hugs to all have a lovely weekend love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, very hot here, lovely for drying the washing.

    Love the crafts and bargains today, I have only done small things since, my favourite are door stoppers, quick and simple and make good gifts.

    Michele great review again today.

    Cheryl love your trolley, have looked at them but no space in my little room.

    Hope everyone has a good weekend, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone,

    Well it's almost evening and I have only just had the chance to get into the café.

    I've been so busy getting everything ready for my stall at Wembdon Village Day Fete on Monday. It's an all day affair, this time it looks like my stall be not be on the grass but in an alcove which means no chance of leaving until the very end. One bonus would be that Judy and I will have time for a wander around all the other stalls, car boot and craft tables in the main Hall.
    And the weather will be stonking hot!!! According to the Weather dept that is.

    Today has already been a scorcher, another reason I am glad to be indoors with blinds shut and windows open for that little bit of breeze that comes through occasionally.

    Glad you like my recycling of the spice rack. As soon as I saw at only £5 I knew it was mine! and all my gilding flakes are now in some of the jars with buttons, sequins, small embellishments etc in the rest. Moving both my PNF (projects not finished) baskets into the top of the trolley has given me more space to craft. I think Milly-May would like one too so Now I have this week's pocket money I shall go online to see if they are still on offer.

    Hope you all have a wonderful Bank Holiday with all aches and pains drifting away.
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Just a quick comment as
    Darren Sam Harry came down and have been gone long Lovely seeing them Harry has got so much energy & he's so funny
    They go on holiday Monday so he's so excited.
    MICHELE thank you for your magazines review have a good day
    KAREN your chocolate covers lovely
    LILIAN your cushion cover are beautifully made
    CHERYL love your spice rack & your trolley are great.
    Hug's all round Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone.
    Love the choc covers Karen, very nice little vase with flowers.
    Lilian- love your cushion covers and the door stopper. Take care when is this heat.
    Cheryl- some brilliant buys, good use for a old spice rack.
    Thanks Michele for the mag review ,as always nice to see before buying.
    Hope you all had a lovely day with family and friends. It such a wonderful weekend so I have been out a lot today and then to have Son back this evening and we sat outside in the garden having dinner while he told us all about his trip around Iceland which sounded very good.
    Wishing you all a good natt, sleep well. hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete