Wednesday 7 August 2019

My 2nd Mixed Media card




Good Morning Ladies,

Oh I am enjoying this Mixed Media Challenge, I have rainbow coloured hands and a very messy craft desk, but hey thats proper crafting, how are you all getting on with this challenge??

So for this card I reached for my Distress Oxide inks, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Wilted Violet and Carved Pumpkin, I used them over the main stamped image, keeping the colour quite strong.  The image was a free die from Creative Stamper Magazine Issue 67, I stamped it in Black ink and added Clear embossing powder and heat set, I then blended those Distress Oxide inks onto that stamped image. I set that piece a side and started on my background, I took my Base card and used the remainder of those Free Stamps and Memento Grey and stamped the patterns randomly around the card, I then blended (much lighter) the same ink colours into the background.
I decided the background needed a bit of shine, so I stamped another of the backgrounds a few times around the card and added silver embossing powder and heat set, I stamped the pen nibs onto mirror card and heat set with clear ink and fussy cut and added them on opposite sides of my card to give a different texture.
To finish the card I stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set and punched it out.
I love how bright it is xx

We had a really mixed bag of weather yesterday, bright, glorious sunshine, wind and torrential rain, we were supposed to have storms too but at the time I wrote this blog we hadn't had those, which was fine by me, I don't mind a storm at night, when it's dark as they are magnificent to watch.

I hope that you are all well and that you have a lovely well, special hugs to those of you that are under the weather.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-WOW, I love your card, it’s gorgeous! I don’t know where my mojo has gone but it’s definitely on an extended holiday!! I can’t summon up any enthusiasm for crafting-not sure what’s going on!

    We have torrential rain right now-it’s almost coming down sideways as it’s quite breezy. I’ve got the dentist tonight for a check up but I’m already booked in for a longer appointment for repair work. Let’s hope she doesn’t find anything else wrong.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    I'm loving your cards SANDRA.

    We too had a very mixed day weather wise yesterday beautiful until mid afternoon when we got torrential rain/hail and thunder with it. It then stopped until after tea when it started again with another thunder storm. Sun at the moment so fingers crossed but the forecast for us is same as yesterday. Stay at home day for me so I can play YEHHHHH.

    Good luck at the dentist MICHELE.

    The CAFE is OPEN and the brolly bucket is standing by to house your brollies. There's a date and walnut cake in the cabinet so help yourselves.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a good day take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Your card is stunning I have that set of stamps and have yet to use them
    Good luck MICHELE I’m there on Friday for repair work - not looking forward to that!
    OH is out tonight So I hope to get some cards finished
    Weather is breezy sunny and muggy
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra Lovely card. You make it look so easy. I've sat in my craft room for two afternoons this week hoping for inspiration but nothing has happened. So ended up watching Ben Hur one day and Spartacus the next - no cards though. Might have to give this weeks cc a miss.

    Just got back from Hairdressers and about to have lunch. Hottest day of the year today apparently so not a lot will be done later.

    Good luck at the dentist Michele.

    Love to all, valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely card, the colours are so vibrant, love how you have created a subtle background using the same colours. Brilliant inspiration Sandra thank you. xxx

    Not a lot going on here, I was going to go out in the garden then we have just had a torrential downpour (garden will not need watering today) and now we have beautiful sunshine, think we are having all the seasons in one day. Right now I just feel exhausted so will sit down with a cuppa and count the 😴 💤
    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Gremlins have struck again my comment has been sucked up to cyber space from earlier.
    I've been in craft room but like some of you a craft block couldn't get any motivation today.
    We went out to look for some holiday clothes in Primark I managed to get a couple of tops. & CU got some short sleeve shirts.
    But could find any swim shorts. So might go out again. Tomorrow if I'm upto it.
    SANDRA YOUR CARD is stunning you seem to have your mojo back. The past few cards
    Hug for everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete