Tuesday 27 July 2021

Playing with Circles

 


Good Morning My Lovelies, 

I hope that you all enjoyed what turned out to be a glorious day yesterday,  we went out into garden in the afternoon and it was really warm, lovely to sit outside without being too hot.

Sophie has gone away to Longleat Centreparcs today with Lewis's family, she was really torn yesterday morning bless her, she had excitement because she was going away with Lewis but sadness that she was leaving her soul mate behind,  those girls have a bond like I have never seen before, it goes beyond any other relationship, they are literally two halves of one!! Lucy seemed OK last night, she has two days off now, we said that we would go to cinema to kill some time, I am hoping to encourage her to do some cooking too.  

Today's card ended up being a late night project, I think I finished at about 11 40 pm !  

I used an old 'My Minds Eye' paper pad as I wanted a small pattern with good colour contrast .  I punched 8 x 1 1/4 inch circles and folded the paper circles in half each way, giving 4 quarters, you then folded the sides of two quarters back and then back again.  I can add a step by step if any of you want to have a go.  Once you have your 8 folded circles you take a 2 inch circle and arrange the pieces around that circle making sure that the centre points all met up. I then used my Teflon folding tool to open up the petals so that the looked kind of symmetrical. I die cut a slightly larger circle to mount my flower on and then added a coordinating piece of paper on a 5 x 5 card blank and centred the flower on it, adding a couple of sentiments top and bottom.   The final Flourish was the pearl in the centre of the flower. 

I hope you like my card today. 

Sending Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-another lovely card., nice delicate colours.

    Yesterday wa a very long day and very sunny. My car was like a greenhouse by the time I got to it after work. Another early start as I have a lot to handover to the Dispensary manager from yesterday.
    We’re meant to have rain from today but looking out now it doesn’t seem very likely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    A very pretty card with beautiful colouring.

    It's my hairdresser day today. I waited last Tuesday morning for her to arrive only to find that I had not only got the wrong day but the wrong week too.
    So it's now official- I am truly a 'doddery old woman'.lol

    The CAFE is of course OPEN for you all to retire to when needed. HUGS are winging their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card SANDRA I wouldn’t be able to do the folding as neatly as yours OH is working today So hopefully I will be able to work on the idea I have in my head!
    Yesterday was lovely and couldn’t have been nicer (looking after the other grandson it might have been 🤣) The weather was gorgeous So we were able to have lunch as a BBQ at my sister in law’s
    Take care all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean looking after the grandchildren together not instead of 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    A great card today, something a bit different. I love how with just a few folds you have made such a pretty flower. The pearl centre finishes it off beautifully. I’m sure Soph will enjoy her break away with her boyfriend but she will miss Lucy won’t she. You and Lucy can have some one on one time can’t you. Enjoy the cinema. Yesterday was a lovely temperature here too. It’s a bit grey and cooler today though xx
    Karen, we knew you meant both boys of course. It’s nice when you have time with just one though sometimes isn’t it xx
    Sonia, I’ve always loved “ballerina” flowers as my Grandma always had several beautiful big plants that looked fabulous and I was always allowed to pick one “ballerina” to play with when we visited. Funny the things we remember from childhood isn’t it. Glad to hear you are leading Barney much more now xx
    I’m sorting some more of Mums craft stash this afternoon. Hopefully I will get to see my desk very soon! Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies

    Great circle card today giving us even more inspiration, I love the delicate colours you have chosen for the flower, and a pearl added to the centre really draws your eye in. Thank you Sandra:

    I hope Lucy will be fine without her other half, I’m sure they both will feel something is missing, it’s amazing the bond that twins build up, Its not difficult to understand why - they’ve always been together. I don’t need to say it but I hope Sophie has a lovely time at Alton Towers it will be great fun for her Louis and his family. In the meantime you and Lucy can make your own adventures, I know you will both enjoy each other’s company.

    Not a lot happening here today, this morning I shampooed upstairs carpets now have all the upstairs windows open to let air flow through. I will be having a quiet afternoon.

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies in the cafe' today.
    Very nice card Sandra, like how you folded the little circles to make the flower.
    Hope Sophie have a great time and Lucy be alright.
    Karen, is it the little ones birthday soon ? Is it a bit manic if they are together ? Molly and Louis fighting a lot and non of them giving in so that is a bit of a mad house.
    Brenda, how is your sister doing ? you take it easy this afternoon, hopefully the carpet dries ok.
    Not having a good day and when we decided to go out and sit and read we soon had to rush in and shut windows and doors for the rain is really coming down at the moment. Mojo is gone too but hopefully it will come back. Maybe because Son's girlfriend is going home on Thursday, will miss her a lot when she's not here.
    Have a good day ladies. Many hugs for all xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone
    A lovely card today, and a great technique to try 😊
    Had a very heavy downpour around lunchtime with a bit of thunder and lightning. The roads were flooded in places, but it soon brightened up.
    I’m doing a couple of late shifts at work 3 - 9pm tomorrow and Thursday. Something a bit different for me.
    Enjoy your evening. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete