Saturday 24 July 2021

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review







Good Morning Ladies,

Here we are at the weekend at last, not much happening here to be honest.  I need to dig around in my craft room to see if I can find my 'Mojo ' because it is 100% Absent Without Leave!! If any of you come across it please send it home first class!!

The gorgeous Girls above are Karen's Neighbours and they are modelling their latest craft project.  They have made the brightest most vibrantly coloured Tie Die T shirts that I have ever seen!! 
Girls you have done an amazing job, the patterns you have created are brilliant.  We had ago last year using bleach, if I show my girls these they will definitely want to have a go   
Thank you so much for allowing Karen to share your T Shirts with us, Iook forward to your next craft project XXX



 This is so True!

 


Michele's Magazine Review 


Hi Ladies,  

Simply Cards & Papercraft has a really lovely set of dies & stamps this month as the free gift. I’ve printed out the free background papers here.


Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.


First feature using the free gift.


Some more ideas.


More ideas.


This article uses brighter colours to give a very different look using the free gift.


Great ideas for cards for men using a simple sketch.


I’m sure we’ve all got edge dies or punches do we could create something similar.


More inspiration.


Great feature using buttons.


Doesn’t this technique create a stunning background??


Although everyone we might not have these stamps & dies, we could diecut from pastel colours to get a similar idea.

More inspiration.


Great ideas using hexagons.


More ideas.


This article is featuring punches but I’m sure we’ve got small dies so could easily recreate these fantastic cards.


More inspiration.


Using a Post it note to mask off areas -such a simple idea.


Look at the cards you can create.


That’s all for this week so
Happy Crafting

Love Michele


Some great features once again in this magazine,  I noticed a few great Inspiration for this weeks 'Circle' Challenge in some features too.  

The free gifts are lovely and the cards made to inspire are beautiful 😍  

Great ideas for different ways to use a sketch and I love the patterns that they have created with the Bargello Technique.  Those cards made from using Punches are so bright and colourful.  

Thanks so much Michele for another amazing magazine review. ❤XXX 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Another dull/grey start to the day here and the temp is really down compared to how it has been.

    Tie=Dye brings back so many memories.Beautiful patterns the girls have created.

    Thank you MICHELE for you mag review. This mag looks a really good one this month.

    We're off to M&S foodhall this morning then a coffee and back home. Granddaughter coming later this morning as she needs a couple of work dresses heming.After that fingers crossed it will be a quiet week-end.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all to pop in if you wish.
    HUGS on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE ANDSTAY SAFE.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Karen-your neighbours T-shirt’s look lovely & they’re great models.

    Sandra-love the quote and it’s very appropriate at the moment as I don’t seem to have finished much. I had great plans for my week off but have hardly been in my craft room. It’s just been nice to spend the week with hubby as we’re usually so busy when we’re working.

    I’m off to the butchers soon then I’m meeting a friend at Dobbies for a coffee & a catch up.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing the girls crafting I think they’ll be thrilled to see themselves in “print” Not sure if the kit is specifically for children or not but I have never seen such multiple vibrant colours in tie dye I honestly thought they were shop bought They love crafting and now it’s the school holidays we are going to have a card making session one day and a crochet lesson another
    Thanks for the magazine review MICHELE It’s always good to have a sneak peak
    Dancing went well last night Mish and his team did a fantastic job ensuring everyone had a negative test, temperature check, took everyone’s details just in case and loads of sanitiser in place I think I said yesterday that I would feel safer there than in a supermarket and I did!
    It’s pouring with rain So it’s a crafting day for me
    Take care everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone
    Love the T-shirts. Memories of making this and be amazed how patterns came out different every time but never seen them this colourful. Well done girls. Love to see what else you make over the summer holiday x
    Thank you Michele for the magazine review. Some wonderful things to make with the freebie and also some very colourful things to make.
    Saying so true Sandra. If Mojo showing up anywhere I will send him on but he can be a bit tricky to find sometimes as we all know.
    Must tidy up from my cardmaking sessions this last few weeks, once again it looks like a bomb have gone off so that's my job for today and then take just take it easy, listening to the rain and be able to breath again.
    Wishing you all a good day and hugs are being sent for you all, extras for anyone who need some xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies
    Love the tie dye tee shirts Karen that the girls are modelling. I bet their friends would love them. Could be the start of a little business for them.
    Great mag reviews as usual Michele.
    Windy & dull but no rain here. Although according to the Witney weather forecast it’s supposed to be pouring with rain & thundering all day. It’s supposed to be like that for the whole week bar Saturday. Hope it’s correct for Sat as I’m going up to Sophie’s. Meeting friends again today. I’ll be wearing my mask as they will as well. I seem to be meeting everyone next week as well.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Love the girls’ t-shirts, so colourful 😊 Lovely that they can craft with you Karen, will look forward to seeing their future makes 😊
    A very relatable quote 😂 I’ve got so many bits in my ‘bit box’ which still haven’t made it onto a completed creation.
    Great magazine review Michele, thanks for sharing 😊
    Well, we woke to a bit of thunder and lightning and some rain, but nothing like was forecast. Had stopped by time I left for work, and apart from a little drizzle at lunchtime has stayed dry. Turned quite humid again now too so perhaps we’ll get the storms later.
    Hope you’re all having a good day. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies
    Great cards on display today. My hedge is being cut this morning. It couldn’t be done tomorrow as the materials are being delivered for his next job. Making a good job of it. It’s the man who did all the other work for us. Dull here and just spitting with rain now and again.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete