Thursday 3 December 2020

Simple Sparkle Christmas card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

A thought that we all could you use a little bit of Sparkle for these dark & dreary days, I cant get my head around needing the lights on as soon as we get up in the morning! 

Today's card is quite a simple design, I die cut a large snowflake ❄ out of a 5 inch square piece of card, I then die cut the same snowflake in Mint Macaron glitter card. The next step was to cut my mats and layers, I used Mint Macaron as the first layer cut to 5 1/4 X  5 1/4, then my card base was 5 1/2 X 5 1/2. I adhered the layers together and then sat and started the painstakingly long task of placing all of the tiny little elements of the glittered snowflake pieces back into the little apertures. I did consider just adding a piece of the glitter card behind the front piece but I don't think it would have looked as 'finished'.  To finish he look of the Snowflake I added a clear diamante to the centre of the Snowflake.  The sentiment I have used is from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set, I think it worked quite well with the sparkly Snowflake.

Today's job is to go through all of my Christmas cards and stamp sentiments for them and find or make envelopes for them too, it is at this time of year that I always regret not finishing off my cards at the time that I make them.  Do you all completely finish your cards at the time you make them?

I hope that today is a little 🔆 brighter for everyone, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx


10 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from a very dark and dreary start to the day here.
    Again yesterday was one of those days where lights were needed wherevery we went in the house.

    It's odd isn't it that when we were working we never gave a thought of getting up in the dark and going out to work and returning home in the dark but in retirement we just hate getting up on these dark winter mornings.

    My plan for today is to sort out my CCs and sent off to SANDRA and then finish writing my cards.

    I have to say that I always make my cards and finish them completely as the one task I hate is having to put inserts into them. Don't know why but there it is.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFExxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, very dark and very wet here.

    I also hate these dark days, I seem to spend the day trying to decide what to do and end up doing nothing.

    Sandra love the simplicity of your card, my daughter would love this style of card.
    I usually try and put messages on my cards as I do them, I haven’t made many this year, need to check how many I need.

    Sainsbury’s today, first time for ages that I am getting all I ordered, no subs. Then this evening having my hair cut, which it needs desperately.

    Hope you all have a good day, hugs, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a lovely card, I love it.

    Dull day here today & wet. Yesterday was sunny & showers. I managed to spend some time in my craft room and actually made some cards!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra &ladies
    Love your snowflake Sandra. It's also very dark & very wet here today & very dark. Haven't resorted to putting the light on yet. But will when I go upstairs to finish off another Christmas card. I generally don't finish off a card straight away. Some groovi cards need a lotaxi of white work & picot cutting and that takes time. Won't be doing a walk today although I do need to go to the post office to post a card to Holland for Doreen. Pat.

    I'm posting this hopefully from my phone so can't use my normal sign off .



    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning
    Nice cards Sandra,today and yesterdays.

    Wishing you all a good day.
    I'm back to bed, not feeling too good and it's raining so best place to be.
    many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Love your card, simple and elegant.
    I finish my cards off as I do them, but I don’t put inserts in. Occasionally put a sentiment inside if it’s a special card, but not very often.
    Miserable wet and cold day here today. I hate driving to work in the dark, but not quite at that stage yet. I usually leave home at about 7.20am when it’s just starting to get lighter but the weather makes a big difference.
    Maria, hope you feel better after some time in bed xx
    Have a good day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies
    Very dark & wet.
    MARIA HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER after your stay in bed wish you
    Well 🤗🤗.
    Wish you all well and all love and Hug's Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra sorry I didn't comment on your card
      It's so elegant I love it
      Love Hug's Lynda xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a CAS card, love the sparkle. It’s well worth all of the time and trouble it will have taken you to put each of those tiny pieces into place. Hope you have a nice day, thank you for the sparkle, you know just how much I hate these dark dreary days too. Roll on the 21st so that we are on the other side of them!
      Maria, I hope you are feeling better now dear friend. Sending you gentle hugs from Mamma Margaret and me xx
      I hope you’re all getting on well with your cards. I must get mine out to see how many more I need. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum, Maria and all in need. Take care xx

      Delete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Beautiful card today Sandra, the soft green is lovely. xx

    Sorry you have not been feeling well Maria, hope you have taken things easy today and feel better for it tomorrow. xx anyone else not feeling in top of form, sending you caring hugs and wishing you a restful night and a better day tomorrow. xx

    Take care everyone. Goodnight sweet dreams, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete