Thursday 10 December 2020

Another Die cut Christmas Card

 





Good Morning Ladies, 

How are you all? Are you getting through your Christmas card writing?  I have sorted through mine, I will need to make a few more, I kind of visualise a particular card for a particular person, so after deciding on a few I didn't have the 'right' card for a few of you.  I am almost there though, thankfully.  We must be more organised nect year!!! (It never happens)🤣

Today's card was one of my last minute Christmas cards, I absolutely love this soft green shimmer card, I wish I knew where I got it from, as I only have one sheet, so I used every scrap.

I started by die cutting the large snowflake out of the green card, I layered the snowflake up with smaller ones die cut in soft silver shimmer card and another green layer, I topped it with a Diamante sparkle, the top layer of my card is a white card with almost silver coating,  I embossed it using the SU 'Subtle' Embossing Folder,  then layered it with silver shimmer and finally soft green mats, I adhered the whole piece onto a card base of the same size.                                                                         To finish the card and add some Christmas sparkle I added Diamante sparkles to the tips of the snowflake  ❄                                                                     I really like this simple design. 

I managed to get hold of some lights to decorate the front of the house,  just simple warm white cluster lights, nothing fancy.  I am looking forward to seeing them up, well, when we decide how and where!  The girls are going to help Paul get the tree and decorations down, as he isn't allowed to lift for a couple more weeks, I would like to get them up before the weekend but that might be a little ambitious. 

I hope that you all have an enjoyable day,


Love and Hugs to all of you,


Sandra                                                                                xxxxxx 

6 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a lovely card & a great colour combination.

    Very busy day yesterday, today we have a formal consultation meeting to discuss the implementation of extended weekend working-this could get heated as the Trust want this to start in January!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your meeting doesn’t get to heated Michele. You already have enough to do getting ready for the Covid 19 vaccinations.

      Delete
  2. Morning Sandra and ladies

    Lovely card Sandra,nice green card.

    It's feel very cold day so heating will stay on. Going for our walk now but other then that I think it will have to be a quiet day,didn't have much sleep.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card SANDRA Annoying isn’t it when you fall in love with a product and cannot remember where you bought it from
    Good luck with the Christmas decorations
    I had a count up of cards I MUST send and need to make more It’s mainly family that we won’t get to see this year Hopefully I’ll get them done this weekend
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Lovely cards today. I wonder if your cardstock came from Limetree crafts at one of the shows we went to. I know I have some shimmer cards from them but not in green. I’ve just got to put 2 Christmas cards together. One for the home that Doreen’s in and 1 for Doreen. At some point they’re going to start lateral flow testing so more people can go in a visit relatives. Although you still need to make an appointment, very dull here today and it’s been spitting with rain n the wind. I’ve been out twice but that’s my lot for today.
    Hope the lights go up Sandra & your Christmas tree s well. Mines been up a couple of days. It’s a fibre optic one from Argos. Which I bought a couple of years ago. I’ve only put baubles on it plus my hanging ones I’ve bought at the hospital and I’ve been given from school.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card again today, love the snowflake and the colour combo.
    Thank you Michele, Janet and Pat for your lovely Christmas cards which I received today 😊
    Was dark driving to work this morning (I hate driving in the dark) but was lovely arriving at work and seeing all of the Christmas lights on 🎄
    Hope you’re all having a good day and staying warm. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete