Tuesday 29 December 2020

Karen's quick & simple Man card

 



Good Morning Ladies.

I think today is Tuesday, I will be honest and say that I had to check before I made that statement!  Christmas Day always feels like a Sunday to me!

Lovely to hear from you Cheryl, we have the Ninja Foodi and like you have used it loads, it roasts a whole 5llb chicken in about half hour, you pressure cook it and then use the 'Aircrisp' lid to give a lovely roasted finish.  We bought one for Matt for Christmas, he has limited work top space so having a machine that can Slowcook, pressure cook, grill, saute. roast and bake is perfect, he has used it a couple of times and loves it. We do have the big one though.  The promise of a new craft room is so exciting Cheryl, having something purpose built would be amazing! 

How's the jigsaw puzzle coming along Lilian ?  Ours is one of the 'Wasjig' puzzles, you don't actually get a picture of the puzzle on the box, you have to imagine what the people on the box are looking 'at'.  They are great fun and always a great quality puzzle.  What kind do you have Lilian?

Today's card is on of Our Karen's designs, she was asked at the last minute to make a Birthday card, I have to say that this card in no way looks like a 'last  minute' card!  I love the design and the style of that topper.

Karen's Description:

I made this super quick card for a friend’s birthday (I was asked at very short notice and can’t craft at night) The topper is from a 6x6 pad - I think The Works I trimmed it slightly and edged it with a Sharpie pen and Walnut Stain DO I shaded the edges of the card blank with Hickory Smoke DO I cut the Sue W sentiment in both black and a piece of card coloured with Hickory Smoke DO


Thanks so much for sharing your amazing 'Man card' with us, the sentiment really stands out with the drop shadow behind it. XXX

I hope that you all have a 'Terrific Tuesday',


Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra

xxxxxx


PS:  Do you all want a challenge setting for this Friday?  I don't mind either way! x







10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Quick comment as I've had to switch my laptop on!

    Karen-fantastic card and it certainly doesn't look last minute.

    Thanks for the lovely comments about my card yesterday, had a couple of messages from my fiend who is hoping she's first on the list. They have actually said they're keeping the whole day free in Theatre in case they have problems with her operation.

    Best go as it's totally white here-hard frost as we rarely get snow being so close to the coast.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Love your card KAREN.It fits very well into my 'less is more'cat and therefore leaves a wonderful impression.

    MICHELE-my thoughts and prayers are with your Dear Friend.
    I hope they don't need the theatre all day.

    Well we had our first dry day yesterday but have opened the curtains to a white world and the white stuff falling quite quickly so no stepping out of the door for us.

    The CAFE is back to normal hours so pop in whenever you wish.HUGS are winging their way to you all.TAKE GREAT CARE AND STAY SAFE. No more falls please.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing my card SANDRA It really was a quick make If I’d had more time I would have sacrificed another patterned paper and decoupaged the label/suitcase or added glossy accents I was really pleased that Hickory Smoke DO was a great match to the shades in the paper
    I hope to vax my living room carpet today We really need a new one but...
    Anyway take care all I hope your friend’s op goes well MICHELE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Such a great male card Karen with everything matching up perfectly, well done.

    Well the snow didn't appear yesterday but we had hailstones on and off for a couple of hours. The Gulf Stream follows our SW coastline for a number of miles so we are lucky that our winter months avoid the worst of weathers, although on the Somerset Levels flooding is always a risk for some. Always there is talk of flood prevention schemes but nothing seems to be seriously done about it. Problem is if you build it somewhere then further along the coast another area gets the problem. Minehead had theirs fixed a fair few years back and then Blue Anchor's problems increased. The pub on the cliff lost a good bit of its carpark through cliff falls. There was talk of closing it down if it gets worse. Such a shame s it a lovely place to meet up, dine and natter the afternoon away. Many of my childhood holidays were spent there in one of the caravans.

    Love 7 hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    A great man card Karen and it certainly doesn’t look last minute.
    We have a very cold frosty morning today. So I’m debating whether to go out or not. Our while stuff cane down and was very think. However, it had nearly gone by the late afternoon but got very very cold.
    I hope your friends op goes ok Michele. Give her my best wishes if you get to speak to her.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Great card Karen, good papers to have around for a quick card.
    Best wished for your friend op Michele, hope your day is fine.
    It's cold here but no white stuff yet. No energy and no mojo so having a cc coming Friday might be good to get me going again Sandra but I don't want you take on too much too early, you need a proper break. Hope Paul is doing alright.
    Hope you all have a nice day and if in pain or if something not right,take care. Love and hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone
    Fantastic card Karen, love the papers.
    Very cold here today, I couldn’t even warm up at work despite being busy. No snow here, but it usually misses us anyway.
    Off to do my weekly covid test and get it in the post.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Everyone, very cold but no snow, hope it stays that way.

    Karen, great mans card, papers and toppers are very handy when I’m in a hurry.

    Maybe have a free choice challenge or is that too easy? Don’t have much ideas at the moment but at least a challenge makes me go and craft instead of sitting watching TV, but only if you have the inclination to find one for us.

    Not much else happening, hugs to all. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sorry I haven’t commented on your fantastic cards lately. I am starting to take notice of things that need doing - that’s a good sign I’m on the mend. John has been a real rock doing whatever needs doing.

    Karen your last minute card is brilliant, no one would ever guess it was done at the 11th hour.

    Sandra I’m up for a challenge - if you are, but don’t push yourself to hard. It would hopefully get my craft mojo working. I’ll be happy with whatever you decide. xx

    Thank you ladies for your gorgeous Christmas cards, they are all so inspiring. xx

    Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Very cold today and really
    dark
    KAREN love your card it's really a great man card.
    The paper's are lovely.
    We. Don't have any snow yet. I hate it. Sue thank you for the extra Hug's how is Margaret (mum) hope she is on mend. I know like me looking at fore walls. Give her my love x
    MICHELE hope your friend is doing ok she's OK she in my thought's.
    BRENDA I HOPE your feeling better Take care of yourself.
    Love & Hug's Lynda xx
    Wish you all well stay safe ♥️x

    ReplyDelete