Sunday 19 January 2020

Your Sketch Challenge Cards



Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all enjoying the weekend.  After a very wet and wild Friday we were blesses with a lovely bright and sunny Saturday, it was so nice to hear the birds singing again, it's such a happy sound that brings the promise of Spring (in my mind anyway), or the promise that we will soon be able to hang the washing outside to dry, there is something so amazing about sheets and towels that have been dried outside.  Although it was a little too chilly to have all the windows open, I love getting the fresh air in and the stale air out, especially in the bedrooms.  Blow those germs away!

Let's look at your amazing Sketch Challenge cards.....



Brenda 

Brenda has made a lovely colourful Birthday card for this week's Sketch challenge.  
The colourful background can be seen peeking through the lovely detail of that Tim Holtz background die, Brenda has used the blue from the background as the border between the top and bottom of the card, those tiny flowers with their beautiful diamante centres add sparkle and the feminine touch to the card too.  
Thank you so much Brenda for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX



Janet



Janet has made three gorgeous cards for this weeks Sketch Challenge, I love the feminine Vintage style of them Janet, this is a style that you do so well.
Janet used all products from her stash for these three cards.
Thank you so much Janet for taking part XXX

Karen


Two lovely cards from Karen for this weeks Sketch Challenge, both completely different.
Karen's first card is a 'New Baby' card, I love that cute footprint Embossing folder you have used Karen, what a fantastic idea. 

Karen's second card is an amazing Father's Day card, again you have used a lovely textured embossing folder for the top half of the card and lovely papers for the bottom, giving us those stripes.
Inking around the outside of that die cut that you used to frame your sentiment was such a great idea, it really ties in that background colour, I love the Font that you have used for your sentiment too!
A couple of flourishes and some flat die cut embellishments finish the card beautifully.
 Karen's Description....

"Baby card is embossed with a bargain bucket EF and I used a scoreboard to create the stripes Embellished with SW New Additions dies
2nd card created from a Serif digikit  matted onto vintage gold card EF is an old Sizzix one and embellished with SW Stitched Doodle Flowers and an old Tonic Flourish Die"

Thank you so much Karen for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX

Maria

Maria was super organised and managed to make a card for this weeks Challenge before she left for her holiday.  
I absolutely love this card Maria, that Teapot and pretty Cup are so pretty, that little touch of lace across the centre looks like a lovely lace tablecloth. 
Thank you so much for taking part my lovely, I hope that you and Rick are having a lovely holiday XXX




 Michele





Michele has made a lovely selection of cards for this weeks challenge, all but one of them using the All Occasion embossing folders that are so useful for so many occasions, they make quick cards that don't look like 'quick cards' (if you know what i mean)!

I love all of your cards Michele, but the last one has to be one of my favourites, that is 'THE' Embossing folder that started a huge craze and probably made the 'All Occasion' Brand as popular as it is today. 

Four amazing cards,  Thank you so much Michele for taking part this week, I know that you have had 'mojo issues' like me this week, you have created a gorgeous card though! XXX

***********

Thank you so much ladies for taking part, I know that a lot of us find it hard to get inspired in January, I remember I had the same problem last year, maybe it's because we have 'downed tools' for a couple of weeks and are finding it hard to get back into the habit of crafting. We also are ready for the break after rushing to finish Christmas cards etc, so we have to push ourselves.  
I have a load of dies that I need to make projects for for Inlovearts, but just can't summon the enthusiasm to get on with it.  Luckily a couple of the dies work well for this weeks challenge so that will give me the push I need.
Once we all get back into the swing of it we will wonder why we struggled!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Amazing cards ladies You all inspire me with your different ideas For instance- be bolder with colour - don’t restrict yourself in the layout so much - try a different style I would love to be able to do vintage but it never works for me and ingenious ways to add sentiments eg MICHELE’s use of a bracket die (I’m assuming)

    I thoroughly enjoyed the film Little Women yesterday afternoon A beautiful film brilliantly done It was great to get out and do something a bit different too

    I hope you’re having a lovely holiday MARIA
    and your pain is easing LYNDA Tiny steps (Sorry about the pun) as they say
    I hope the meds are helping MARGARET
    Is that injection helping BRENDA
    IS all of the decorating finished now LILIAN Lovely now it’s all finished
    I’m going to get some breakfast now and get the ironing done but first as it’s daylight I am going to crochet some black “shoes” for a doll I am making

    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sentiment on the second card is a peel off that I curved to fit, sentiment on the first card is an old magazine freebie. The thank you card is from a brilliant set of word Dies that came free with Papercrafter magazine years ago (I love the font) and the last Card is another peel off sentiment. Hope that explains everything?

      Michele

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    A lovely selection of Challenge cards on the board this morning. They really do brighten up the walls.

    Not much on today so it's a 'will see what happens day'.

    The CAFE is OPEN nice and warm ready and waiting.Today's lunch menu is Roast Chicken and Choc cake to follow so please place your orders.

    HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Great selection of challenge cards today.
    We have woken to a hard frost and fog, hopefully it will clear to leave a bright sunny day.

    3 of my cards were indeed made using All Occasions Embossing Folders-one has a curved border die cut. I see Apple Blossom Dies that match the Embossing Folders. The thank you card was made using a very old Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and a Spellbinders border die.

    Hubby goes away this afternoon (work) and will be away most of next week so we’re hoping to have a walk to the beach today as it’s our chance to have some quality time together & to chat.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MICHELE for the explanation Very much appreciated
      It was The a Spellbinders border that caught my eye especially
      Enjoy your walk on the beach x

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. You have all done yourselves proud with all of your beautiful cards. I still can’t see my craft desk! This week was totally written off but hopefully next week will be better.
    Sandra I love the challenge this week and I’m trying to think of ways to use my Groovi plates for it.
    Mum, I hope your cold and conjunctivitis are both better today. Love you xx
    Ladies Mum is struggling with commenting at the moment as her eyes have been very sore but she sends her love to you all xx
    I hope you all have a good day with the lovely blue skies and sunshine today. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, it’s a lovely day here, if very cold.

    Lovely cards today, sorry I didn’t get one done, craft room still packed to the gunnels with books from two large bookcases that live in the hall.

    The painters has finished the lounge , bathroom and dining room. He has done the walls in the hall and landing, now has all the wood paintwork to finish, says it will take a week, we have lots of doors and windows.

    Had a catastrophe on Friday, went to get something out of my freezer in the garage, oh dear everything thawed, managed to save the meat, but spent all day Friday cooking it, always stock up in December, so don’t have to get much in January.
    Luckily managed to get a new one delivered on Saturday from AO, very efficient.

    Not doing much today, getting rooms back to normal, which seems to take ages.
    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    I don’t know where the time has gone today, time has just flown by. Haven’t done an awful lot, did have a wardrobe sort out - resulting in two bags going to the charity shop tomorrow.

    Great display of challenge cards, inspiration by the bucketloads, ladies you always come it’s fantastic designs.

    KAREN Thank you, my shoulder has been great, obviously movement is still restricted but I have not had the nagging pain i was living with 24/7. I realise it’s not a permanent fix but was told you can have up to three steroid injections a year. I would say to anyone who has similar problems - go for it.

    MARGARET sorry to read you have a nasty cold and conjunctivitis, Hope you will be feeling better soon. xx

    Hope you have all had a great weekend, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ladies,
    sorry being so late to see you but after coming back late last night we had a sleep-in and then it was time to unpack and get the washing done. Also popped over to Lidl for some food for a few days. Contacted my parents and found out my mum's last mammogram was fine which is a relief. Had a look through e-mails and then it was time to have a rest and look into the cafe' to see what you all been up to over the week.The cards are all wonderful and today's ones are no exception, I love them all !
    Lynda- sorry to see you hospital visit was such a palaver. Hope you and Terry are ok. Many hugs to you both.
    Lilian- sound like you soon have your house in order. Hope you are pleased with the work and you have the table back to make some cards again in the next few days.
    Michele- hope you had a nice day and you got a walk down the beach in the sunshine. Thanks for the mag review as always.
    Karen and Janet - I love your crocheted characters, you both so good at this hobby.
    Margaret- wishing you better. Take it easy. Hugs for you and Pop.
    Brenda- steroid injections are a life saver at times, glad you shoulder feel better. I've have to ask doc if I can get some for my knees and hip which are playing up.
    We did walk about 35 miles during the holiday so it might be the reason and I have eaten so much good food and yes I also had some cakes and Irish coffee's, don't normally drink but on holiday in the cold it is nice with something extra warming Lol We had a wonderful week in the snow, non in the town tho which made walking around easier. Did some half day trips by bus to revisit some areas we been to before and tried to get to Krimmel waterfall but last time we tried it was closed because of landslide and this time it was closed to go up because of ice ! Have to try again next year Lol
    Time for bed so I wish you all a good night and sending warm hugs to you all, extras for you who need some. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete