Thursday 23 January 2020


Good Morning Ladies, 

Well I was lucky to get today's post up, it was 'touch and go' for a few hours, we had our 'Internet service' switched off for routine maintenance, it was supposed to be between 22.00 on Tuesday  evening until 06:00am Wednesday, 6am came and went, so did 10, 11, 12 etc, so I was starting to worry, I can't use my phone as we don't get coverage for mobiles in this house! I was determined to sort something though as I have never missed a day blogging for anything, Sue came over and I tried her phone to sign into my blog but iPhone have extra security and wouldn't sign me in to blogger!  
The only solution was for Paul to take me McDonald's, I took the photo on my phone and would have have to sit and write the whole Blog Post. Luckily just after Paul got home and we were talking about going out to get signal somewhere, my phone pinged into life, I checked and it was  back on.  
Being without Internet all day made me think, I hadn't realised how much I used it, whether its to pop onto Pinterest for a recipe or YouTube or for looking for inspiration for colour themes for cards etc. 

Now onto today's card....

I took the smaller dies from the Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles to die cut some narrow frames, I used a leftover piece of 6 x 6 paper from a Stampin Up collection.
I arranged them around a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card base, I laid them out and cut off any pieces the hung over the edges, some were used to fill in smaller  gaps.
I then found a sentiment stamp that miraculously fit perfectly in one of the Rectangles.  
To embellish the card I made some simple flowers with the Stampin Up Petite Petals Punch and matching stamp set, I used Berry Burst ink for a pop of colour.
It's completely different for me but I really like how it turned out. 
This pattern building Challenge has been really fun!  

Sue came over yesterday, we had a lovely crafty afternoon, with cakes of course! Sue was making her Groovi Challenge card, pattern building with Snowflakes  while I played with my rectangles! 
Thanks Sue for a lovely afternoon xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx 


10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a lovely card, nice bright colours. I understand your comment about the Internet-I don’t get a signal at work except when I go upstairs to the restaurant at lunchtime which is frustrating.

    Another day & more thick fog. Hopefully I’ll be clear tomorrow as I have to get my car to the garage by 8am so they can drop me at work.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I hope your car is ok and the garage didn’t find to much wrong with it. Mine had to go in the other week as the runner on the driving seat seemed to be sticking. Anyway I had that done and a service. Good job they managed to ubdo it and manipulate it back into shape. Otherwise a new seat runner would have been over £400.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    A very different card from you this morning SANDRA.

    BRENDA-so pleased you enjoyed your biscuits.lol

    I have to do something with my CC today.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual waiting for you all to pop in.All newcomers are welcome at any time.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is an absolute stunner Whenever I try to cut frames with dies I always get an edge that is slightly out - hence I resort to using ScanNCut but you never get the nice piercing or bevelled edges And the accuracy of mounting them too Different embellishments and you have a great male card The way the sentiment is placed is perfect
    I started another cc last night Looks great in my head at the moment
    Sometimes we do rely on the Internet too much
    More training this morning I’m definitely getting too old for this mullarky
    But craft club this afternoon which will be fun
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Training is a pain Karen isn’t it. I hope you enjoyed your craft club as well.

      Delete
  4. Afternoon my friends in the cafe' today.
    A great card Sandra, I do like the background.
    Nice you have had Pat and Sue around for some crafting. Haven't heard anything more from the stamping group I joined so might look it up and see when they do a next one.
    My idea to start the cc or anything yesterday went totally wrong and today I have been in bed until I managed to take me up for a shower at 2 pm. Coffee and a sandwich, still feeling groggy so a rubbish day.
    Sending warm and many hugs to you all and hope your day is fine. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      I hope your feeling a bit better this evening.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    I seem to have lost st a few days.
    Another lovely card today Sandra. How odd that your internet went down for routine maintenance. I’ve never heard of that before.
    I took Livvy to the Toby Carvery in Swindon as she’d never been. As it’s my usual lunch day with Heather & Perce they came to. I asked the waitress for the bill, and she asked me if I had the Toby app on my phone as I’d get a discount. I said I hadn’t. Anyhow the 2 ladies on the next table said you can use ours. Then the waitress said if you open your phone you can load the app up and you’ll get the discount. I laughed and said not on my phone you won’t. I’ll do it for you she said if you don’t know how to do it. So I pulled my phone out and it’s a very old Nokia. She laughed and said she’d never seem a phone like mine. So we used the ladies on the next table. How lovely was that of them, they were only young as well. Livvy was going to get it up on her phone as well.
    I hope your internet is still working ok Sandra.
    Hugs to all who need one today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra what a stunning card I love the way you’ve used these frames to make a background, I would’ve never thought to do this, thank you again or inspiring me.xx

    Didn’t get in the craft room today John went off to do the shopping I said I’d stay at home and be quiet, but then decided to do some baking, not that we needed any cake we have still got a fruit cake I made for Christmas, it’s in a tin and has been fed with alcohol so it will keep for a long time. Anyway I decided to make a Battenberg, prepared the tin, instead of dividing the mixture and colouring half, I thought why not save time in the future and make one batch pink and the other one natural, I also made a Victoria sponge, filled it double cream and home made strawberry jam, One of the Battenberg has marzipan on so if anyone stops by we have cake to offer. the other pieces of sponges are in the freezer to be finished for another day. Same with the Victoria sponge I have cut two pieces and the rest is in the freezer.

    Time to get the dinner on - nothing exciting just bangers and mash.

    Have a lovely evening, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, dull dark day here.
    Sandra, your card if great, love the accuracy you have got with the frames. Very sixties.
    Spent all day putting things away, now have aching back, must be getting old !!!
    Hoping to get into my craft room tomorrow to start this weeks card. Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete