Thursday 9 January 2020

Fresh Spring Coloured Card


Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my Groovi Challenge card yesterday, I love the idea of mixing Groovi elements with everyday crafting techniques.

I can hardly believe that it's Thursday today, let alone the first Groovi Club of 2020, I am looking forward to seeing Sue for the first time in 2020 too!!  She has very kindly offered to pick me up in the morning to take me to Club and drop me back in Carterton for Paul to collect me after work, it takes so much anxiety out of the day for me too.

The card I am sharing today fits Categories:  Yellow/Die Cut/Flowers

The card is made using all old Stampin Up products, I have to say I love that Floral flourish, you can connect up to make a lovely frame or use just 1 or 2 of the flourishes, I of course used Old Olive and So Saffron ink and card to create my card.
I think the card has a lovely fresh 'Spring' look, which seems to be a theme I am in at the moment.
Perfect for the time of year though x

Our garden is showing the first promise of Spring, there are lots of bulbs bursting through the ground, some of the daffodils are a good 5 inches tall already, I can't wait for it all to burst into life.  I am wondering if we will get any snow though, hopefully there will be no 'Beast from the East' !!

I had a lovely day yesterday, Lucy had been wanting to go shopping for a few bits to finish her bedroom makeover that she had from us for Christmas, so we decided yesterday to have a trip out to the big B & M Bargains that we have in Swindon, it's in what used to be a Sainsbury's Homebase DIY store, so you can imagine the size, we went with a list of about ten things and came back with plenty more than that, mostly cleaning /home stuff.  Ours doesn't do craft stuff or anything which is a shame as I see people getting some amazing bargains from there (not that I need anymore)!

I am thinking of joining SU again, purely to re-stock my depleted card/ribbon stock, I really enjoy having everything matching but I have used most of all my favourite colours, they are running a good joining offer at the minute so I very tempted, I can get the equivalent of £170+ for £99 so there is nothing to lose.  I will add that I am doing purely as means to re-stock I a not wanting a team or anything like that, I am enjoying having the freedom to craft with whatever I please too much to be tied down again. They have no issue with you joining then stopping when you no longer want anything and re-joining when there is a good offer so why not make the most of it!!   I will of course be happy to order you ladies anything that you may want at the same cost that I get it for.

Well I must go pack my bags for Groovi Club,

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a beautiful card, it’s so lovely. The Stampin Up deal is definitely a money saver and I’m guessing it would be delivered to your door perfect.

    Once again, I didn’t do much last night. Tesco shopping as the electrician was meant to be coming this evening but he’s swapped it to tomorrow evening. Quick trip to the Post Office after work tonight then I can relax.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card SANDRA Enjoy Groovi club today Say Hi to Pat and Sue for me
    I managed to finish a male card last night and try as I might I couldn’t get it to fit this week’s challenge
    It is our craft club this afternoon It’ll be nice to meet up with the ladies and put the world to rights!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a lovely bright and spring like card you are showing yesterday (and the Sun is shining outside) this card would certainly brightened anyone’s day Sandra. I hope you, Sue and Pat are enjoying your Groovi class. What a great way to spend the day especially when you have friends with you. Have a great day girls. XX
    Let us know if you do decide to rejoin in SU. There is one bundle I would certainly like to have!! And it wouldn’t be difficult to make a few more choices, as you said everything coordinates so it does make choosing easy.

    Like yours our garden is starting to wake up again, in fact John spent most of yesterday in the garden, now we can actually see what is coming through. This morning he’s gone to the local tip to dump the garden rubbish, we have three compost bins on the go. I don’t compost the leaves an thick twigs because they take too long and are better in an open compost pile, if you are patient and keep turning them, eventually you will have some beautiful leaf mould. But I haven’t a space for that.
    Coffee break over, enjoy your day ladies. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - what a lovely bright and springlike card you are showing TODAY
      XX

      Delete
  4. Hello All, torrential rain again today, although the sun is shinning now.

    Sandra lovely card, so bright and cheerful.

    Living in a complete muddle at the moment, the painter has finished the lounge and the bathroom and now working on the living room, so we are living with boxes of stuff everywhere. Shall b very glad when it’s finished.
    Big hugs for everyone, especially Linda and Cheryl. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all.
    Beautiful card Sandra. Glad you had a good shopping trip, shame they don;t sell any crafting stuff Lol
    Finish off doing some cards this afternoon. Made a little shop this morning at Waitrose after reading the papers and had a nice breakfast, started as we shall go on next week Lol My bag is packed,way to much as usual but the weather can change from town to mountain so must be prepared.
    I hope and wish you all can get some nice weather too and not get this storm they are talking about. Take care everyone. Love and hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete