Thursday 20 October 2022

Christmas Blues

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you well, I took a bit of a risk yesterday and took a double dose of antibiotics straight away, to try and get rid of the pain as soon aa possible,  I then resumed the prescribed dose, taking one at midnight last night and one at noon, thankfully it paid off and the symptoms are more bareable, hopefully by the end of today I should be able to 'go' and be pain free!  I will say that these antibiotics do make you feel rough though, I got up yesterday as Paul was leaving,  had some tea and toast, went back to lay on bed at 8am and woke at 12.15 pm!  I felt better for it.  

So as you can see I made it into my craft room yesterday afternoon,  I was drawn to blue for some reason,  so I stamped the Christmas tree onto Seaside Spray card and embossed with white embossing powder, I matted this onto silver mirror card,  the card case was matted with a piece of matching blue card and a piece of white card embossed with a fern embossing folder, I spritzed it with a clear glitter pearl spray,  which gave a lovely shimmer, which I tried to capture above!  I placed my focal piece onto my base card then finished with a sentiment and bow.  Quite a simple design, this challenge has made me realise how much I turn to dies!! 

I hope you all have a good Thursday,

My love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    What a gorgeous card SANDRA. The colour is so gentle and calming and it fits into my 'less is more' box too.

    This week is just flying and the list of jobs I need to do is just getting longer. I really do not like dark mornings and I'm getting slower at making a start to the day. I still have to make a start on my CC for this week so fingers crossed I can make a start today.

    The CAFE is still open to anyone who wishes to pop in for a cuppa and a look at some beautiful crafting.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Even if it’s only a sentiment I must use a die on every card I make!
    It is very grey, foggy and pouring with rain here So I won’t be venturing very far Maybe a visit to my craft room
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    What a gorgeous card. I love that shade of blue, it is so pretty. The Christmas tree is so “full” if you know what I mean. And that fern ef works so well. I must think to use them more. Hope you got done more sleep last night and are starting to get back to normal my lovely xx
    Karen, it sounds like you have got the weather what we had overnight. It’s grey but dry here now. Hope you got to craft xx
    Brenda how are you feeling. Better hopefully xx
    Maria, are you starting to feel any better? I hope you are xx
    I’m hoping to get some Christmas cards done later on. It’s easy to overlook a die cut on a card, I’ve realised that I often use them for the sentiment at least. I will be getting my stamps out and possibly doing some colouring too for this weeks challenge.
    Sending you all hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, it’s a lovely sunny day, although it’s going to rain later with thunder and lightning. R is away in Leicester for two days of meetings, so I hope we don’t get a big storm I really hate thunderstorms, especially on my own.

    Hope you are feeling better today, and the antibiotics are not making you feel too bad.
    Maria hope your feeling a bit brighter today..

    Your card for today is very calming, lovely for someone who is rather down.
    Not much going on here, I started another card ,but not sure I like it enough. Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your card, it’s beautiful 😍
    Still need to make a start on a card for this weeks challenge! It’ll probably be a quick one, as we are away from tomorrow evening.
    Marks got a gig on Saturday night, but we’re going tomorrow as there’s a band on then that we want to see. Looking forward to getting away for the weekend, then next Wednesday we’re off to Edinburgh.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra. Forgot we can use EF's but no die this week. I have made some stamping today and coloured in but sor two of them have gone in the bin so can't do anymore today. We had dentist this morning . I wanted to run out but they would have caught me so ... thankfully nothing needed to be done. I feel a bit better today thanks but like Janet it's harder when the darker days are here.
    Sonia, have a nice break. Hope the weather doesn't spoil the fun .
    Lilian, hoping the thunderstorms will not be too bad for you. Holding your hand and sending many hugs to you and everyone who is visiting our friendly café. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete