Wednesday 12 October 2022

A Wedneday Throwback Card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you ladies are having a good Wednesday,  yesterday was a real off day, I felt rubbish, mostly from the antibiotics I think.  The dose they have given me is stronger than the one that the instructions on the box recommends but I'm guessing it was to get the infection under control.  Anyway I didn't feel up to making a card, I sat at my desk but couldn't concentrate, so I gave up.  I did oversee Paul making a lasagne for tea, I really appreciate everything that he does but sometimes I think it's easier to do things yourself!  I think that he could probably make it himself now though, he's a fast learner! He can make an amazing roast dinner!

This card is one I made back in 2018, I still love it, I love the fact that this started out as a white piece of paper, I just built up layers of stamping, then added silver snowflakes by stamping them and adding silver embossing powder, I will add the method below:

This card started out as a piece of plain Whisper White Paper, I sat scratching my head for a moment and then decided that I wanted to used the 'Sheet Music' Background stamp, stamped in Night of Navy, (I apologise in advance, because I love Navy and White Christmas cards).  I trimmed it down to just slightly bigger than the stamped image, I then took the 'Beautiful Blizzard' Snowflake stamps and stamped snowflakes all around, adding clear embossing powder and heat setting to make them stand out from the background.  I then took a snow stamp and stamped in Versamark adding silver embossing powder.  I then went round and inked the edges, just to finish blend everything together.
With my background complete I moved on to thinking about the decoration.  I thought I would do another Poinsettia, so I die cut the leaves in Silver and Navy and made the poinsettia, placed it in the bottom corner and added some foliage, I used a faceted gem in the centre and coloured it with a silver metallic marker.
The Sentiment is from Snowflake Sentiments, I stamped it in Night of Navy and added a little blue ink around the edges to soften the white.

I am sorry that it isn't a new card to inspire you my lovelies, I will hopefully feel up to making one today, I have lots of ideas but no energy! 

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and everyone looking in today. A fabulous throwback card. I still love it just as much now from its classic white and navy colour way to the Poinsettias in the corner. I’m sorry that you are feeling so rough Sandra. Fingers crossed your infection is being zapped and with lots of rest you start to feel better. Stay in bed and rest my lovely. Sending you big gentle hugs xx
    Have a good day whatever you are doing everyone. Sending love and hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love the colours I would never have thought to do navy poinsettia
    I am visiting a friend this afternoon who recently had a baby So I’m hoping for a cuddle!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    Love today's card SANDRA. Doesn't matter at all whether it's a 'throw back' or newly made it's still inspiring.

    Off early this morning to have my next Corvid injection along with my Flu injection for this year. First time of having them together so everything crossed.

    HUGE HUGS on their way toyou all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today 😍
    Hope you are starting to feel better, take it easy xx
    Hope everyone has had a good day, enjoy your evening.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    This may be a throwback card but it deserves this extra display day, it is beautiful, the Pointsettia in navy really works. Thank you for showing us this again.
    Sorry to read you were still feeling rough yesterday, I think by today is the antibiotics should start to work and you should soon be feeling the benefit of them, Do be careful and don’t expect too much of yourself, as well as the antibiotics rest is the next best medicine you can give yourself. xx
    Hope everyone has has a good day, I’m still trying to sort out my craft room, I either end up feeling very tired or getting distracted by something I haven’t seen or used for ages ……. When that happens I just get lost in time! I will get the job finished, just not promising when.
    Have a good evening everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, from a cold and rainy Cornwall.

    Sandra, I don’t remember this card, so unusual in the navy. Love night of navy ink, used it a lot when I first bought it . Love the layout you have such a good eye for balance.

    Trying to tidy my room today, unfortunately it’s in a real muddle, still not found my Christmas stamps and dies, hopefully I will find the tomorrow.
    Have a good evening , Lilian.

    ReplyDelete