Saturday 25 June 2022

Mixed Up Saturday



Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you well, it's much cooler here so easier to move around.  We (well Paul) has to taxkle the Garage, I have booked two Tip appointments one for today and one for tomorrow!!  Apart from than we have nothing much planned.  
What are you all up to??

Today I have done a magazine review, we have Maria's flowers to brighten our day and a lovely card from Georgina..  

Maria's Beautiful Flowers 





Maria has shared some of her Beautiful flowers with us, Maria your plants all look so healthy, especially your roses!  What an amazing display no wonder you love sitting out there so much. 
Thank you so much for sharing XXX


 Georgina


Georgina is one of our lovely blog followers, I received an email from her as she wasn't getting notification emails anymore, luckily she still manages to find the blog everyday.  I persuaded her to share one of her cards with us and thankfully she agreed, so here it is.  It looks like a Dolly Dimples shoe but I could be wrong!  I love that metal sentiment Georgina!!  Thank you so very much for following and for sharing your card with us.  Maybe you'd like to make a Christmas card for next weeks challenge?  We'd all love to see it. XXX



Creative Stamping issue 110



This month's issue comes with a lovely free gift set, you get a collection of scene stamps, some of which are Hunkydory, plus a set of three word dies (Best Birthday Wishes). There are some incredible inspiration pieces featured throughout the whole magazine  and some great techniques.



Sarah Jackman shows us her take on some great Masculine cards, the little 'How To' shows you how to create a 'Stamped over the Edge image and then using that to create a partial die cut card.  Ot looks so effective.  



I don't usually share the articles that are designed to encourage you to spend on particular brands, for example Chloe’s Creative Cards has a double page spread enticing you to buy the latest stamps!  But this Julie Hickey feature shows some amazing background designs that can be used with ANY  stamps, the little 'How To' shows how to create the Bleached effect.  Some lovely cards showcasing some amazing inspiration.  

Teresa has used different techniques to create some lovely inky backgrounds that show the Coastal scene stamps brilliantly  



Nicky Gilbert has some amazing ideas and techniques to get the most out of your Stencils/masks, whether its running them through embossing machine with Tan mat or using a glue pad and foiling down to different inking techniques.  I really love these features encouraging us to get more from our stash. 

Some lovely Home Decor ideas in this feature.



Katie  Skilton shares some lovely Clean & Simple card designs using free gifts 


Now this is something I'd like to start featuring more on the Blog, techniques that we haven't really tried before.  If I showcased a technique like this 'Retiform Stamping' and shared how to etc and then maybe we could have a challenge based on the new technique? What do you think?? 
Retiform technique is basically masking off a grid and randomly stamping in the masked off areas.  I really like these cards. 



Lastly some more lovely inspiration for those free stamps, I really like them all. 

I enjoyed reading this issue, very usefull free gifts too. 
****************

That's all for today my lovelies,

Have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. I love that saying Mind you I buy theses pads of patterned paper and then don’t use them!
    The magazine looks great but I’m not in the market for what looks like another lighthouse stamp
    I do like the idea of doing more technique style challenges
    Diana Ross was brilliant She only sang a couple from her new album but plenty of her old sing along ones
    Playing bowls (last minute dot com!) this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning everyone.
    So true that saying and I have just seen some more that I like from the works.
    Welcome to Georgina . Your card is lovely and I wish to see more so I hope you stay with us in the cafe 😊
    I like to get hold of this magazine Sandra and the new technique could be a nice challenge 😉😳😃
    Wish I had your/ Paul's green fingers. Just glad anything coming up every year.
    Today is my challenge to put something together for tomorrow. I've started but didn't get very far. Happy to tell you I got my injections and he did both of them, so now waiting a few days before going for a hike 😊 Anyone in pain know what I am talking about.
    Have a nice Saturday everyone. Happy crafting! Many hugs are sent to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😉
    A beautiful card Georgina 😊 Welcome, and hope to see more of your creations xx
    Great magazine review, thank you for sharing. Some interesting articles and great freebies.
    Maria, your flowers are beautiful 😊
    Hope you’re all having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely magazine review Sandra, thank you, I think we can all identify with the poster…..WOOPS.
    Lovely card from Georgina, we would love to see more of your beautiful creations. xx
    Maria than you for sharing photos of you lovely garden. xxx
    Hope everyone has had a good day. Love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete