Tuesday 28 June 2022

Maria's cards for Lilian's Challenge





Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you had a more exciting day than I did yesterday, my focus was the utility room,  in our house the utility room is a 'dumping ground' for the rest of the house!  3 bin bags full of rubbish, I found a secret stash of old carrier bags (not the reusable ones) lord knows what Paul was keeping them for I have no idea what he was keeping them for, I carefully disposed of some of them in the bottom of a bin bag along with quite a few other things.  I did a sly fist pump as I saw Paul launch the bags over the barrier at the tip!  Three tip runs in three days!  WOOHOO!  It feels so liberatng!  (i'm not sure Paul felt quite as elated as I did)  The downstairs is almost done, just my craft room to tidy now!

Now after my very busy day on Saturday I thought that I had added all of the cards for Lilian's Challenges but after checking my emails yesterday I saw that both Maria and Brenda has made cards too.  In some ways it's a bonus with me having such a busy week, as I have two days covered already which is a huge help. 

Today's cards are Maria's Blue/green/yellow themed cards.....

Maria's Description:  Maria

I managed to get together two cards for Lilian's challenge, Blue,Yellow and Green. 

I went to search in my bit box and found a pierce of paper that 

worked for this week's cc. I used some of Christina G. dies,

sending hugs by SW and some crystals to finish the card off. 

My second card is also from my bit box where I found this already

stamped piece of paper, no name. Coloured it in with DO (must 

remember to use the right paper/card as this didn't like water).

Maria your cards are gorgeous, my favourite is that lovely Beach scene, it looks exactly like the little path we walk down to get to the beach when we are in Spain.  I have a feeling the stamp might be a magazine freebie but I could be wrong.  Both of your cards from your Bit box is fantastic!! I actually have quite a few half made bits in mine so I feel a 'Bit Box challenge coming on!

Thank you so much for supporting Lilian's Colour Challenge Maria XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely day my lovely friends,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx



6 comments:

  1. Pretty cards MARIA That beach scene one is especially pretty
    I wouldn’t mind a bit box challenge too!
    I don’t think we can book appointments at our tip and it’s only open on certain days of the week so you can imagine the queues!
    OH is playing bowls this morning but whilst I am working but I hope to craft this afternoon I have a few cards for the challenge already started Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies
    Thank you for liking my cards. My bit box is rather large so a challenge to lower the stock would be good.
    Brenda and John, wishing you better. Take care and just rest.
    The cough is irritating and seem to hang on but slowly we are getting there. We have deep cleaned the bathroom and thoughts are about to change it out. I want to just have a shower in there but OH saying it's good to have a bath encase we sell the house....what are your thoughts ladies ?
    Have found some x mas papers and some other bits so might do some crafting this afternoon. Hope you can do something you enjoy today.
    Have a nice day everyone. big hugs all around xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Two fabulous cards Maria 😍 Great you were able to use up bits from your ‘bit box’ 😊
    Brenda, sorry to hear you’ve now got covid 😔 take care. Sending extra hugs to you and John xx
    Fortunately, we don’t have any cases at work that I’m aware of….at the moment! But, as the numbers see to be on the rise again, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some.
    Have a good rest of the day everyone.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    Sandra, well done in getting three tip runs done, and getting rid of some extra bits that Paul didn’t see 😆 I hope you manage to get your craft room done my lovely xx
    Maria, I love your cards, especially the seaside one. Your colouring is lovely. How I wish I could be there right now. Mum and Pop only had a walk in shower in both in the last house and the current one. Apparently the estate agents say it doesn’t put people off not having a bath as most of them have a brand new bathroom (and kitchen) fitted when they move in anyway xx
    Brenda, sending healing hugs to you and John xx
    Sonia, fingers crossed work stays infection free xx
    I’m off to start my challenge card now after spending ages looking on Pinterest for ideas! Sending love snd hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my comment from this morning seems to have disappeared!
    It’s been raining all day and very cold, back to two tops and my cardigan, plus my thick socks.

    I have started my new tablets , but apparently they take up to 6 weeks before you feel the benefit, he’s also given me some new cream for my legs, looks like a tub of lard ! Also prescribed the wrong tablets, checked with reception, they phoned back to say he made a mistake, no apology.

    Maria love both of your cards, especially the sea shore one, thank you for using my challenge.

    Dinners ready so I’d better go, hugs to all. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I have only just realised I hadn’t left a comment today, but then it’s been a day of nodding off, just wish I could get some energy back.
    Maria I love both of your cards especially the seaside one. I was told estate agents prefer to sell houses with a bath in. Is your bathroom big enough for a bath and shower? Or maybe have a shower oner the bath.
    Sandra sounds as though you are having a great time sorting out things for the tip. I am always fascinated when we go to ours, people turn up with car’s stuffed to bursting point. We are fortunate in not having to book an appointment you just turn up .
    Night night everyone. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete