Monday 2 September 2019

A pretty start to the week....


Good Morning Ladies,

I can't actually believe that we are starting the first week of September, it barely seems five minutes since we welcomed the summer and we are now at the start of Autumn!
Mind you I love the rich colours that Autumn brings us, the oranges and browns, the leaves on the trees take on their Autumn colours, I think it's when trees look their best.  One thing that I notice every year as we travel to and from Spain is the Sunflowers, as we travel down they are standing proud with their faces looking up and the sun and just 3 weeks later they their heads droop and they have turned from their bright yellow to a range of golden brown hues.  I think we as crafters turn to our richer colour pallets too, purples, oranges, browns, all warm and comforting colours.
It brings a little cheer, helping us to get over the fact that summer is over for another year.

Today's card uses another of those Lilli of the Valley Art Pad toppers, this one is so beautiful, not just because Sweet Peas are one of my Favourite flowers, with the gorgeous colours and amazing scent.
I just love the colours and as luck would have it the deepest purple matches perfectly with that gorgeous Aubergine Purple card (I think it's called Elegant Eggplant)!
I simple die cut two frames using one of my all time favourite Spellbinder dies 'Detailed Scallop' Rectangles, adhered them together for depth (and strength) and  placed it over the image, before the glue had set I managed to feed a piece of seam binding ribbon through both sides of the frame and finished that with a double bow and a die cut flower from the dark purple card, finished with a pearl.
I added a die cut sentiment and then matted the whole thin onto a white base card,
I really like how this one turned out.

I'm not sure what we have planned for this last week, the girls want to do the waterpark mid week, it's much better to go towards the end of the holiday as it's much quieter when the children have gone back to school.
They will no doubt want to do a bit of last minute gift shopping too!

I hope that you all have a great week,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a beautiful card, I love the colours and the Spellbinders Die you have used is gorgeous.

    We have a dull, breezy start to the day here. I’m meeting my friend at 10.30 so I might just have a play in my craft room before I go out.
    The craft show was ok yesterday-a but disappointing if I’m honest. There didn’t seem to be as many exhibitors there but it was still fairly busy. I bought a few items-basic supplies and that was it!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card SANDRA - my favourite style The colours match perfectly and I love how you’ve framed the topper
    Like you I love autumn- the cooler temperatures and the warm rich colours
    The Salsa (dancing) picnic was lovely It stayed dry which is the main thing Lots of “old” friends and a lot of dancing
    Boring stuff today - work (yeuck) and a diabetic foot check!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Lovely card today. I love these toppers. Popped into Oxford again this morning to get some Croatian Kuna ready for my holiday. It’s been quite warm this morning but windy. Now it’s coming over black so I bet we have rain at some point.
    I’m glad you enjoyed your Salsa picnic Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a beautiful card Sandra, you have matched the colour of the ribbon and die cut perfectly to Sweet Peas and your little pearls add a touch of luxury.

    Not achieved much today, it’s been one of those days where everything is an effort. I get quite cross with myself when I get days like this. Now OH has been on the go all day, he actually sat down about five minutes ago, that’s the first time since lunch, to have a cup of tea.
    Take care, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    I did the ironing this morning which i was struggling with a bit I did manage to finish it. I then had a shower with Terry's help getting me in the bath then I sit on the seat then I wash myself & manage to wash my hair. Then he helps me out.
    I put clean Pj's back on then once dressed he got me back down stairs & made me a cuppa. I didn't feel like going in craft room. Terry then took the dogs out for a walk
    SANDRA love your card very pretty love the colours you have used. Hope everyone has had a lovely day
    Hug's for everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening ladies.
    Hope you all have had a good day.
    Very pretty card Sandra, love the die and colours used.
    Had a walk this morning, got back and sat down to watch a film and after I went back to bed until it was tine to cook dinner so nothing down today crafting wise. Seem like I'm not the only one struggling at the moment. Could it be that the Autumn is here and we know the evenings going to get darker. I love the colours of the trees and the chillier weather when the fire place can be clicked on and make it cosy but I do need the sun shining or I feel pretty low, well bring it on and hopefully my mojo will be back by tomorrow. Sending hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, It should read time and done of course, fingers are not hitting the right keys tonight x

      Delete