Monday, 28 September 2026

Welcome to the start of a new week

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Here we are at the start of the last week of September!   I hope that you all had a lovely weekend.   Ours was quite relaxed,  it was raining yesterday afternoon so no gardening,  so we decided to go looking at Televisions,   we have needed a new one for a while,  my goodness I wasn't prepared for how overwhelming  TV shopping was going to be,  there were so many different options,  the majority of which were enormous!  I don't mind advice etc but the chap who was showing us one particular tv (like he must have more commission on that particular one) turned out to be a pest,  I ended up asking him and then 3 others to let us just have a look at the different options.  

I think its time for a new challenge,  as I explained on our messenger group the other day I asked ChatGPT for some suggestions,  I really liked the 'what was I thinking'  challenge BUT I'd like to wait until everyone is ok to join in.  

So for this next challenge I am going to go with....

Old Meets New – combine one older craft item with something newer.

I know that we all have plenty of 'old' 🤣😂 and I'm pretty sure we all have something relatively new.  

So it could be a project using a new paper collection cut with an old die.  OR the other way round.  

It can be using old stamps on a journal page with your newest stamperia collection.  

I have some Tim Holtz embellishments that I have hoarded for years, ephemera too,  this would be the perfect challenge to use them.  

If you would like anymore suggestions just ask,  I particularly like challenges that encourage us to use our old stash,  after all we all have plenty of it🤣😂. 

I hope that you all have a great start to your week, 

Love and hugs to all of you , 

Sandra xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love the quote 😊 definitely true!
    Great new challenge, don’t think I’ll get anything done for next Sunday but will look forward to seeing everyone’s creations 😊
    Off to Stourhead today for a walk around the beautiful looking gardens.
    Hope you all had a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great saying I am getting ready to go to Craftea It’s something to really look forward to on a Monday Enjoy Stourbridge Sonia I’ve never been to that neck of the woods
    I agree re televisions We’re having a similar problem just choosing a stand We used to have the television on the wall but since decorating we’ve decided to use our unit and stand/legs We cannot find the one that came with the television At the mo we’re using a tele from the bedroom
    Love the new challenge
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and everyone.
    Lovely makes over the weekend ladies.
    Sandra, give yourself time my lovely, you will get back to crafting more soon. Did you make a decision about a Tv? There is far too much choice isn’t there. I really hate salespeople who don’t leave you alone when you ask them to xx
    Karen, that little dog is gorgeous. He will be loved by his new little owner xx
    Maria, I wish I could send a picture of my new desk but it is still covered in cardboard and lots of stash that is still waiting to find a home! Xx
    More of the same today for me. It is slowly getting there. Have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love today’s quote and the card is beautiful.
    Not done much today have spent time phoning around trying to get an engineer out to fix our oven. Yesterday I warmed the oven up and the put the chicken we were having for dinner in, after about half an hour I went to check on it and the oven was not working, checked it wasn’t a power failure, gave up and cut the chicken into portions and put them in the air frier. The potatoes and vegetables were cooked on the hob. Anyway I’ve got someone coming to look at it on Wednesday, so we are coping with the hob. Air frier and microwave, it’s so frustrating when things go wrong, fortunately we have other options to help us get our dinner cooked.
    Take care everyone, sleep well. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete