Monday, 21 September 2026

Karen's Autumn Challenge card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies,  

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary Sonia & Mark, have a lovely day, even better a lovely week away next week celebrating 🍾 πŸ₯‚

Well yesterday was a busy day,  I did another area of the pantry,  shifted areas that didn't work and creating new ones.  We got three loads of washing done and dried,  Paul cut lawns and did hedges.  Then we cooked a lovely roast dinner,  to celebrate switching the Aga back on.  I will say I did slightly regret the Aga being on as it was a warmer day yesterday and the kitchen was hot.  


This reminder is a very important one,  as Mum's and wives (although most of us are very lucky and have amazing husbands) we can feel guilty when recovery takes longer than we thought and hoped,  seeing our families doing the tasks that we usually do for more than a few days can evoke feelings of guilt,  although this could be just me as I have a huge mental issue with feeling like a burden, it doesn't matter how many times I'm told I'm not,  whether it's needing one of them to have time off to take me to an appointment, the most common one is watching Paul and occasionally the girls do dinner after work.  Despite any feelings of guilt Healing time is so important, especially after surgery.  😘

I feel terrible that I forgot to share Karen's card yesterday,  I don't know whats happening with my memory lately πŸ™„  I usually scan through everyone's messenger page to check for cards, although I do normally save them as they come in.  Anyway Karen and I have chatted a bit this week so her card was hid further back up the chat.

Karen's Description:

I started this card on Friday and had a complete disaster with Nuvo drops 

I had enough brown card to die cut the Memory Box die again and layer on top of original Added brown pearls 

The background is a piece of card from a photo frame (I think) Added a few gold splatters. 

I know how frustrating Nuvo drops can be when it comes to making a mess,  especially when you are adding them as a finishing touch and they end up spurting out ruining your whole pageπŸ™„.  

The background is lovely and proves the point that these things we hoard do actually come in handy,  there is no better feeling than creating something pretty with something most people would throw away!  That piece is a perfect Autumnal background,  your die cut flower compliments it perfectly.  You would have no idea looking at your card that you had had any kind of mishap! πŸ˜‚

Thank you so much for sharing your card and I hope it isnt too long before you are back in your craft room.  XXX

I hope that you all have a great start to your week, 

My love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx 

5 comments:

  1. 🀣Thank you for sharing my card It wouldn’t have mattered if you hadn’t coz I know how busy you have been
    To say that the Nuvo drops were a disaster is an understatement I tried to scrape it off and made a real mess I will try and create some on acetate or waxed paper and stick them on instead once dry
    A great saying which because the op was so simple I am struggling to “take it easy”
    Happy Anniversary Sonia and Mark Enjoy your celebrations
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card Karen, it’s fabulous 😍
    Been there many times with any type of ‘drops’ I’ve given up using them now πŸ˜‚ Love your idea of creating them on acetate or waxed paper first, might give that a go too 😊
    Thank you for the anniversary wishes ❤️ Not doing anything today other than housework etc, and Marks at work, but we are so looking forward to going away on Saturday 😊
    Hope you all had a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Happy Anniversary Sonia and Mark, Have a nice day and I'm saying it now while I remember, Have a lovely holiday πŸ˜‰
    A lovely Autumnal card from our Karen.
    Went to see the physio this morning. Because of the problem with my heelspur and calification. She is going to arrange something called shockwave theraphy for it so just have to wait for the call.
    it's a beautiful day so I hope that you all have a chance to enjoy it too. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, another damp day, not raining but feels damp.
    Lovely card from Sonia hope you have a lovely anniversary time.
    I understand the reminder today, I suffer from feeling so guilty when I can’t do my usual things.
    I still can’t get my new printer to work with my iPad. Only from my old lap top, but I bought it to use with my iPad.
    Hope you all have a good evening. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all.
    A lovely card Karen. You saved it realky well xx
    Happy Anniversary Sonia and Mark. Hope you enjoy your time away next week xx
    Sandra, you have been busy gavent you. The pantry will be great once you have finished it xx
    Weekend went in a flash with two if the grands here. So good to spend time with them as we haven’t seen them got a couple of weeks. Spent most of the day today in a nf e with Roz as she fell iff her horse yesterday and knew she had concussion so she was given a car scan as she fell in her knock/ shoulder Luckily everything was clear so no broken bones thank goodness. We didn’t get back k until late afternoon and after getting her settled at home it has felt like a v long day. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete