Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Fun messy craft project

 






Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

A much cooler day yesterday,  a bit wet and gloomy too.  I did a bit more in the pantry,   Lucy was feeling like helping so I only did a bit,  everything takes so much time,  I have bought new storage boxes for the different pasta shapes,  different rice varieties,  flours, different sugars etc.  I was really frustrated to find that a new bag of flour that I bought had those bloomin' weevils in,  I had it stored with two other flour bags (luckily different to all other powder like ingredients) as the weevils had moved into the seeded flour and Canadian bread flour and into a bag of rice flour!!  So I obviously threw all of those bags away, washed out and dried all storage boxes ready to restock,  the problem is how can you check the flower before you buy it,  from now on I will be opening it as soon as we get home to check it and if it has an infestation it can be put to one side and returned,  however I wouldn't buy from the same place as uf it was in one bag it will most likely be in other bags on the same shelf.   Things like that make my skin crawl. 


You are all loved beyond measure ❤️   such a pretty page today 🥰

After an hour washing out flour storage boxes I needed a change of scenery,  so I decided to sit and craft,  as I sat down I noticed a Tim Holtz leaf on the floor by my feet, I must have die cut it and coloured it last year and put it with my Autumn things.  
So I die cut the full set from watercolour card,  I used Tim Holtz watercolour pencils to add colour to the leaves,  I then took a wet paint brush and moved the colour around the leaves,  adding a bit more colour,  to add so lovely sparkle I spritzed the leaves with Distress Spritz spray...




You can see the lovely sparkle/ shine here. 

For the background I spritzed some of those Distress Spritz sprays onto my ink mat and dipped my card background into the ink and heat dried. 


I added some random stamping around the background,  mounted it onto a Kraft card base and added some splatters of brown ink. 
I added my coloured leaves that i edged in Ground Espresso Archival ink and arranged them across the card front.   

I was unsure about adding a sentiment,  so I have taken photos with and without I love the phrase that I used .....
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the Autumn Tree.   Emily Bronte. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,  not much planned here,   Paul has suggested going to visit his mum this weekend,   he did say that we could go to Farnborough for a couple of hours on the way 😀   We will have to see, it depends on his work commitments etc.  

Sending love to all of you, 

Sandra xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    I love the gorgeous colours on the leaves and what a lovely phrase.
    I’m glad you and Lucy managed to get some more done in the pantry. So annoying that the weevils had got into any flour but even more annoying that they got into some of your special flours as they are not cheap are they. As you say the only thing you can do is carefully check each bag when you bring it home.
    I hope you get to do some more of the lovely fall pages today my lovely xx
    I managed to chip a decent sized piece from one of my top front teeth last night so it looks lovely….not! So today is now finding a dentist.
    Have a good day whatever you are up to ladies. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete