Sunday, 13 September 2026

A look back at our makes this week

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

A very gray and gloomy day here yesterday,  there was a local festival 'Rissifest'  on yesterday,  the girls wanted to go and have a look,  the problem was I was feeling terrible,  Lucy has what Soph has had for last ten days so she felt unwell,  Soph was back at work yesterday and has just got a nasty cough left,  she rang on her way home from work, excited about going,  Lucy and I dragged ourselves to get ready,  had I known that the only thing they were interested in and excited about was the bloody Plant stall !!!  I had tried to manage their expectations but they have a positive thoughts only vibe.  We got there, saw it was going to cost us £25 to get in,  had second thoughts,  Paul and soph went to see if it was going to be worth it,  sadly there was no plant or cake stalls and very little of anything,  they said there was van selling pizza slices, another doing jacket potatoes which I wouldn't have minded but Paul said it was £8 for potato £2 for cheese, another £2 for beans or coleslaw,  so it was a no,  other than two food vans, there was a donut wagon a bar and a band on stage.  The clouds were very dark and it was very windy,  so we came home,  Soph was a little deflated,  I explained that for £25 she could buy a nice plant or two!  🤣

I was relieved to be going home,  I had been up since 3am with the worst Uti symptoms,   it broke me down,   I was holding on to every scrap of hope that the Uromune was working.  I believe it was the Bladder instillation that caused the flare up.  I had to call 111 early morning, got an appointment at urgent care,  the nurse was shocked at how fast it lit up and said that I hit the jackpot!  (I had everything I shouldn't have lit up ) !  After a bit of to-ing and Fro-ing, she gave me Nitrofurantoin for 3 days,  to last until surgery was open.  

Anyway lets cheer things up, I love sharing your makes.....

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Here is a card made from various different cut out some from Stamperia, and some from chat GPT, although didn’t do too well with that this time. A lot of fussy cutting.

Lilian your card is perfectly Autumn!  I love all of the colours,  your shading makes the oranges and greens 'pop'  

Thank you so much for creating a lovely card for the challenge XXX


Maria


Maria's Description:

My card for Sunday is : Summer.

My best days as a child were to get on my bike, well as long none nicked it of course. 

I made a background by embossing a piece of patterned paper and then cut it in half. Attached it in opposite corners and then used a stencil to fill in the middle. I then used this summery bicycle picture, framed it by using some dies. Put some drills on and did a bit of splatter in white.

(Most of my desk and arms were covered tho 😂)

My other season is winter. What's nicer than a nice cold, sunny winter day. So that's a crystal art. 😊




Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Here’s a couple of Christmas cards I’ve made. Hope they’re ok to be part of the Seasons challenge - Winter
I used ChatGPT to create the images, backgrounds and sentiments.
I inked edges with Gathered Twigs distress ink. Added some sparkle gems, a Memory Box snowflake die cut and some little punched snowflakes 😊

I had to zoom in on your snowflake,  its so beautiful,  so much detail,   the gorgeous gems at the points of the snowflake look like you have placed them there, like they are 3D 

I zoomed and screenshot the image so youcan see the details.

Your adorable polar bear Christmas scene is as lovely as anything you could buy from any of the big designers.  

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing designs with us my lovely XXX 

****************

I hope that you all have a good Sunday,  

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love all of the creations on display today, they’re amazing 😍
    I hope you’re feeling better today my lovely, and the antibiotics help until you can call the surgery. Take it easy 🥰
    Having a quiet weekend, mainly crafting. I’ve got some air dry clay I want to start using so that’s on the agenda today or tomorrow.
    Hope you’re all having a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete