Wednesday, 2 September 2026

My lovely fancy fold card from Maria

 





Good Wednesday morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had an good 1st of September,   I spent day with my 'partner in crime' (Lucy) we popped into town to get a few bits,  I needed some more  'Really Useful Boxes' for my fast expanding Stamperia/Arden stash,  luckily Robert Dyas had a good range of sizes and they weren't too expensive.   I prefer them as they are really strong and stack perfectly.  We then did Waitrose & Sainsburys, then home,  Matt came over with Harley for an hour or so,  Lucy and I then had to go to Adam & Becca's to feed and entertain Benji & Boo for a while as they had been home alone for a couple of hours...


They look like so sweet & innocent in this photo, little Boo looks sweet but she winds Benji up like crazy, he has the patience of a saint bless him.  

By the time we got home I was exhausted,   fingers crossed I will actually get some sleep tonight 🤞🤞


A great reminder today, it can be a tough one to convince yourself of at times though.  Paul would probably laugh and say that I was 'more than enough' 🤣😂

Today I am sharing the lovely Birthday card that Maria created for my birthday.   
What an incredible 'fancy fold ' card, I have seen them called 'screen' or 'Wardrobe' fold cards.  Every panel is decorated beautifully,  I love the daisy theme,  also the brilliant idea of using the die cut tag to cover the greeting while holding the 'Happy Birthday ' sentiment.  I love that you added the date too. 
Thank you so much for designing and creating such a beautiful card my lovely XXX 

I hope that you all have a good Wednesday,  

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx 


9 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Glad you liked the card. 😊. I have the die so easy really but took me days what to make for you and next years will be even harder 🤭😄
    Benji and Boo look so cuddly both of them. Sure they are a lot of fun 😊
    I've woken up 5am twice this week. It's silly but can't get back to sleep so gone down to watch TV. Have you seen,Vigil ? It's with Suranne Jones. I have always liked her.
    Going with OH to the hospital later and hoping to make a start on a card or journal page this afternoon.
    It's going to be a nice,still warm day so I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card from Maria 😍 I love the die you have used for the fold Maria, it’s beautiful.
    I hope you had a better night my lovely after your busy day 🥰 Benji and Boo are so sweet - butter wouldn’t melt! 😉
    Maria, sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping. I like Suranne Jones too. Seen the first two series of Vigil and I’m recording this new one so we can watch it all at once. I hear they’re bringing out a new series of Dr Foster, have you seen the other series’s? It’s brilliant and definitely worth a watch!
    I’m off to Dorset today 😊
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't remember if I have seen that one. Don't remember much these days 🙄
      Have a lovely day in Dorset 🤗

      Delete
  3. Love the card Maria I never think to do a fancy fold card The most I come up with is a tent fold instead of a book fold 🤣
    Banjo and Boo are gorgeous and I bet they’ll a lot of chaotic fun
    Hope to go to bowls this afternoon and I need to make a start on some sort of Back to School costume for next Monday - far too old for the school girl look
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you come up with for back to school. You always looking great whatever you wear. 🥰

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra and everyone. I love the gorgeous card from Lilian that you shared yesterday and today’s card from Maria is beautiful. How clever to place the tag so that it covers her personal greeting to you. I will try to remember that as I hate my writing. Maria I love that you always put dates on your cards. Is that a personal thing to do or something all Swedes do?
    Sandra I hope you got some decent sleep last night my lovely. Great that you had a good day with Lucy xx
    I got a couple more big craft boxes emptied yesterday amongst lots of other little jobs. I did also got an off cut of vinyl which is for the floor by my desk. It is wipe clean and also lets my chair wheels run easily. We looked at other options, some very expensive before deciding this was the best option. It can be rolled up and B popped in the cupboard under the stairs when we have visitors.
    Lovely to hear you had a good time with Lucy yesterday. I love both Lilian and Maria’s cards. Both beautiful. Great idea putting the tag over the personal message on your card Maria. And another great idea to date your cards. Is it a national thing or is something personal that you do?
    We have one of Chris’s brother arriving today to stay for a couple of days which will be lovely.
    Have a good day everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. Are you alright ? Hope you're not having any problems today.
      Hmm , regarding Swedes I usually buy them from the shops and cooked them as a lovely mash 😂. Regarding dating the cards I have always done that and my mum too. Not sure about the other Swedish people 🤭😄. We have done it mostly on the back of photos as well because you never remember where it was or which year. Well I don't 🙄 🤗x

      Delete
  5. Hi, everyone, wet here today, we are having a new path put in around the house. What they have done so fat is looking great, very noisy.
    Love your card from Maria , didn’t know you could get a die to cut this.
    Had a lovely time with daughter here today. Although my leg has Been aching all day, driving me to destruction.
    Have a good evening, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fancy fold card from Maria. Maria you have decorated each panel differently it keeps it very interesting. You are clever.
    Sandra Benji and Boo look so cute together - they are really posing for the camera just like models, i just want to smile when I look at the photo.
    Lillian i hope you are able to get some sleep and your legs don’t keep you awake. XXX
    Have a good night everyone, love and hugs, Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete