Thursday, 24 September 2026

A 'faux' Eclipse card

 


Good Morning Ladies,  

Yesterday just flew by,  I was busy all day doing bits and bobs,  I just can't sit and relax at the moment,  I want to empty every cupboard and drawer and get rid of everything we don't use,  yesterday I did the little cupboard that we keep tea bags and hot chocolate bits in,  surprisingly there about 10 different teas !!  I got rid of ones we hadn't used in a while,  we had three different types of mint tea bags 🙄!   I bought some lazy susan trays for the pantry but hadn't used them so I checked to see uf they fitted in the cupboard we keep the herbs and spices in,  they did, so I got Lucy to help me get all the jars out, wipe the cupboard out and then arrange the herbs on one and spices on the other on the shelf above.  It looked so much neater and was much easier to pick something that you need.  I bought some herbs last week when we were out with Becca,  so I planted them out in the high troughs we bought earlier this year.  These are little 'niggly' jobs that keep put off!  


It sometimes feels like the most trying things in life seem to go on forever,  however they do pass eventually and those clouds will pass and allow the sun to brighten our days.  🌞 ☀️ 🌤 


Today I am sharing an anniversary card that I made using ChatGPT, I wanted to create a 'faux' Eclipse card, so I found a floral spray that I liked,  I then asked ChatGPT to resize it to use on a square card,  I asked for the letters to look as though they are part of the background but raised, I couldn't work out how to add a drop shadow.  Anyway with many edits I was happy with the image.  I went to print it using the Epson Smart Panel but it kept going to 'fit to page' which was way too big,  so I asked ChatGPT to turn it into a pdf so that I could print it on A4 card and cut it to 5 1/4 inch square.  

I then matted it onto a shade of green that picked out some of the colour of the foliage. Then onto a  6 x 6 inch card base that I made from an A3 piece of card.  

Its great for posting as its flat,  however I do feel that I 'cheated'  somehow,  I wouldn't want to use it all the time as I'd miss the physical crafting.  It is perfect for personalised cards though. 

Soph and I are off out for brunch today,  which I am looking too. 

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love and hugs to all of you,  

Sandra xxx

2 comments:

  1. A great saying Perhaps it’s because I cannot see very well, this recovery from cataract surgery seems like it’s taking forever 🤣 Worse things happen at sea as my mum would say
    I love your card and it’s perfect for posting but I agree with you Although you have designed it yourself it sort of takes away the “physical” crafting
    OH is at bowls club this morning so I might sneak into my craft room just to potter about really
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card, thank you so much my lovely 😘
    I totally agree, as I mentioned in our chat group, I feel so guilty seeing all of my physical craft goodies not being used! I’m hoping to make a Christmas card using the Prima Christmas collection I recently purchased, before we go away 😊
    A lovely daily reminder.
    Karen, I hope you’re doing ok. Sometimes it’s nice to just potter around in our craft space 😊
    I hope everyone is well and those in pain and discomfort are taking it easy 🥰
    Sandra, have a lovely time with Sophie today.
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete