Sunday 8 September 2024

What have you been making this week?

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend,  some of the photos I've seen shows the weather hasn't been great at home, but I hope it's being kind to you x

Boy did we have storms through Friday night into Saturday Morning,  I was sat watching them at 3am, quite spectacular,  we have had storms every one of the 26 + years we have been coming here, its part and parcel of being so close to the Pyrenees.   We did manage the morning on the beach, the girls made the most of the huge waves that the storm had left us with.  We then had a long lazy lunch followed by a family swim in the pool and a few hours laying in the sun.  We then got ready to go out for Pizza.   Because this area is mostly tourist dwellings,  there are no hotels thankfully,  we have very few British people in Pals,  mostly Dutch & German, then as the season winds down and I'm guessing the prices really drop a lot of Spanish families arrive.  We have a German chap that keeps stopping to practise his English,  the first night he was just telling jokes, which wasn't so bad, but as nights have gone on he's gotten on to politics, I totally avoid answering but Paul was ok with it, he wanted to know if we were happy since Brexit happened,  we both said not really we voted to remain, a lot of people that voted to leave were deceived into thinking everything would be better.  We kind of cut the conversation off there, people's political views are individual and not everyone wants to discuss them in my opinion.  We are the only British family here, he clearly doesn't want to practice his French, Dutch or Spanish!!

Your cards


Karen's Description:  

I am loving playing with the Sizzix stencils It’s making me use my Distress Oxides 
Fossilised Amber
Carved Pumpkin
Abandoned Coral
Tumbled Glass I used stencil directly onto a DL card blank Big mistake - wasn’t going to use the background So ended up trimming whole card down
The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions
I find it really hard to stamp red rubber stamps straight🤨 So I trimmed the card at top and side to create a quirky shaped card Difficult to tell in photo

I love this card Karen, you & Maria have me 'needing' one of those Stencils, I just need to choose one that doesn't need a special tool to fix it to. 

I love your choice of colours,  I think tumbled glass is one of my favourites, the colours certainly make the flowers look 3D.  I think stamping sentiment directly onto a finished card is always tricky,  I won't attempt it without my stamping tool, I use scrap card or post it notes to test for straightness first, it can take a few attempts! 🤣

Thank you so much for sharing your cards, I have saved the others for in the week XXX


Maria


Maria has been making Christmas cards, I absolutely adore this one, maybe its the colour 💚,  I am so pleased that the 'Gnome/Gonk' trend hasn't gone out of fashion, they are cute,  plus I think loads of people bought gnome themed stamps and dies last couple of years, so good to see its style ok to use them, some themes dissappear so fast. 
Thank you so much for sharing your cards with us, I will use them in the week XXX 



Lillian's Description:

Here is my art journal page for this week.
Lavinia stencils and stamps
Coloured with water colour pencils.

I love your Journal page Lilian,  it really makes me want to get mine out and get messy.  Your combination of stamps and stencils is perfect, I love the blubells,  perfectly coloured 😍
Thank you so much for continuing to support our Sunday blog post XXX

I hope that you all have an enjoyable Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 




4 comments:

  1. Morning everyone on this very damp Sunday
    Your gnome card is lovely Maria I bought some gnome dies last year which I must get out again
    Your card is so pretty Lilian and you’ve shaded the vase beautifully
    We’re off to Harefield Hospital in a mo to do the annual Fun Run This is the 16th year we have taken part
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love all of your beautiful cards ☺️
    We had storms through last night, but has been dry so far today although more were forecast.
    I hope you’re all having an enjoyable last day, and the girls have a good flight home.
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful cards ladies. I like your flowers in strong orange Karen. I've got a stamping block especially for the stencils but not my cup of tea sometimes . I bought it mainly to be able to make wreath/ round stamping. Love the blue bells in their pretty vase Lilian. Very nice.
    Wow, did wake up around 2.30 this morning to the most amazing lightning and thunder that went on for half hour if not more. Shame so was it raining most of the morning so our outing to the MK museum to see the 1940 th got to be another time. Tired after the few days away so we just took it easy today.
    Hoping that you all have had a good day and did something fun today.
    Many hugs to you all, extras for our missing friends. Hope you join us again soon. , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, heavy rain most of the day, but dry at the moment. No thunder and lightning thank goodness.

    Love your card Karen, I also have the Sissex tool, but no stencils.
    Maria great you are getting on with your Christmas cards. Great Christmas gnome.

    Bad new today, unfortunately my cleaner is giving up cleaning, shall have to find a new one, not easy here, because of all the holiday accommodation that needs cleaners.
    Hope your journey back home goes well Sandra, you will need warm clothes when you get back.
    Goodnight everyone, Lilian

    ReplyDelete